Thu, Sep 19, 3:07 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 2:39 pm)

Subject: Guess CL really meant Spring

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2005 at 1:28 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 3:07 PM

March 21st. Says so on the CL site. Posting cause I like trouble. Maybe if I like it lots it will stay away from me.

Tirjasdyn

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2005 at 2:04 PM

Its only two weeks.

Chris ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2005 at 2:16 PM

March 21st is the expected release day ... we will see ;) greets Chris

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

odeathoflife ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2005 at 2:16 PM

happy, happy; joy, joy!!

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

wheatpenny ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2005 at 2:30 PM
Site Admin

Like I did with P5, I'm going to wait a while before getting it. Let the pre-order guys finish beta-testing it, then once they've issued a couple service releases to fix the worst of the problems, then we'll see...

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

pigfish9 ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2005 at 2:40 PM

I pre-ordered P6 but then I pre-ordered P5. I really only had one problem (the one where P5 was couldn't read & and other punctuation marks) and I was running it on WindowsME. I still can't use the hair and cloth rooms worth a darn even with the extra time. Time definitely does not equal talent

Pedrith ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2005 at 4:18 PM

If it really comes out on March 21, I'm in trouble. I was really hoping for a second week in April. My mastercard bill is going to be really really scary this month :( Now it comes down to what I have to give up: new imac or food.....well I can stand to lose a few pounds anyways lol.... What's this about preordering people getting to beta test it? I pre-ordered and nobody told me anything about beta testing. I knew I should have signed up the first day instead of waiting until the next morning (as if common sense would change my mind). Pedrith :p

pigfish9 ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2005 at 4:22 PM

The preordering/beta testing remarks are aimed towards those of us who bought Poser 5 on the pre-order and then had to work through the growing pains. This is a not so tongue-in-cheek remarks that Poser 5 was released too soon and that Curious Labs should have beta tested it more before the release. Many are assuming that Poser 6 will be the same. As I stated above, I had few problems with P5 and got to enjoy the easier format for the libraries early.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2005 at 4:38 PM

I love the smell of P6 in the spring.

It should arrive in my mailbox about a week or so after Vue Infinite does.

At these dirt-cheap prices, being a "beta tester" doesn't concern me very much. Especially with Shade LE thrown into the package.....not to mention an extra percentage being knocked off because of the serial # problems that a few people experienced with the pre-order system.

As far as I am concerned, this is a win-win situation.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

StealthWorks ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2005 at 6:30 PM

And to be fair to CL, they did offer a discount to 'early adopters' of P5. All in all I paid 56.16 for Poser6 to my door (that includes VAT and Delivery!). Now thats not a huge amount to pay for an upgrade that promises more than a few cool new features. Who knows, perhaps when Poser 7 comes out, maybe we'll get a discount on that for being early adopters of Poser6! Lets face it, would you rather get Poser 6 early and live with a few bugs that will be eventually fixed or wait a few more months until the problems have been totally ironed out. Me? I'd be grateful to get to play with it right now even if it did crash a few times on my computer.

jwhitham ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2005 at 7:58 PM

Well, I pre-ordered coz they said I'd get a big discount as a P5 upgrader and, as I knew I'd wound up upgrading to P5 just to improve my Vue renders, why not take advantage of the discount now even if I don't use the software till the service release after next.

Now I find the upgrade price won't change, all I've got for pre-ordering is some Winter Queen I'll never use and a limited edition box.

Can anyone help to get this "Kick me" sign off my back?
Hee-haw hee-haw...

leather-guy ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2005 at 8:57 PM

The winter Queen is a character pack with costume and wings for the P6 Fem figure Jesse. Just got some details in a CL Email P6 update. I placed my early update order without batting an eye. Comes to about $75.00 after all the discounts. For me, a no-brainer. Worst case scenario - I may hold off installing a few days until I see what experience the eager beavers have, may end up waiting a bit until a SP is released, may not. Even if it takes a couple of SP's to prove stable, I'm still money ahead buying it at such a price - about equal to a bi-monthly DAZ Platinum Club purchase.

wrpspeed ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2005 at 11:49 PM

could be april 1 too :)

zippyozzy ( ) posted Tue, 08 March 2005 at 12:34 AM

I'm waiting till it hits the shelves. :)

Mariamus ( ) posted Tue, 08 March 2005 at 2:48 AM

I preordered it yesterday. I'm so excited. I'm all bouncy and giddy like a school-girl. I know there will be problems, but hey, I can't wait for it to arrive in my mailbox! Image based lighting... Oooh, just the sound of it almost gives me a big O! ;)

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Tue, 08 March 2005 at 2:46 PM

I pre-ordered got the extra $20 off because of the serial snafu. Not worried about shade...I already have standard. Bit worried about the memory on puter..it's low but runs 5 fine and I hope to upgrade by the end of this year.

Tirjasdyn

Mariamus ( ) posted Tue, 08 March 2005 at 2:57 PM

I hope to get my computer upgraded again this year. It's getting way too slow. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.