Sun, Oct 6, 5:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: "wet flesh"

Samhain74 ( ) posted Wed, 09 March 2005 at 7:33 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 5:22 AM

Evening all, I see this wet flesh more and more on Poser characters,where water is actually beading up on the skin.I was wondering if anyone knew of a tutorial anywhere to achieve such effects that a kinda new guy can find on the WWW somewhere.Thanks for the help Paul

DistantWorlds ( ) posted Wed, 09 March 2005 at 8:20 AM

Try the Specular Light inside Poser 5's Material Room you can get a nice "sweat" - effect using it! ;)

yggdrasil ( ) posted Wed, 09 March 2005 at 8:27 AM

RDNA (amongst others) sell some skin textures with that wet look built in (look for Beach Baby in their store)

Mark

jwiest ( ) posted Wed, 09 March 2005 at 9:08 AM

TamelaJ has one here in RMP for Kayleigh as well. Looks nice in the store, don't actually have it myself.

John

Samhain74 ( ) posted Wed, 09 March 2005 at 9:33 AM

Thanks all for the help,but i am looking on a way to learn it myself.Problem is i dont even know where to being short of modeling about 6,000,000 spheres on the skin in Vue.I am looking for the efect as if the skin had oil or suntan lotion on it and water applied ie: water beads like fresh shower and such.Oil and water mix kinda thing.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Wed, 09 March 2005 at 10:35 AM

Attached Link: http://www.eurus.dti.ne.jp/~masasi/PROGRAM/indexE.html

What version of Poser? You could try Masa's DropMaker for Poser 4 - tutorials at the link. You can download the application from there too. This uses Poser's 'secret' hair generation, so it probably won't work with Poser 5; I don't know if anyone's tried it. I don't think the images you've seen will be using modelled water beads, though. You could try IMing the artists to ask how they did it.

lesh ( ) posted Wed, 09 March 2005 at 10:40 AM

I am Poser PP myself and mainly render in Cinema4d but the same priciples apply- If you are using Poser 5, you you could mix up a shader with a speckly noise controlling the strength of the specular highlight, and maybe a matching bump map as well. Maybe add to this a directional falloff that will favour ( or restrict to )upper surfaces for the effect. I would layer this over the base skin in the shaders/materials. That is roughly how I would approach it in most 3d proggies like C4d or MAX where shaders can be mixed & layered and from what I understand should be do-able with Firefly. Lesh

thefixer ( ) posted Wed, 09 March 2005 at 12:30 PM

I posted an image a while back with a wet look on the skin, it wasn't achieved by my expertise in P5 though, it was a skin texture available in RMP by "victorias". There is also another texture in the RMP by "Morris" called Miss April that has this wet look!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

face_off ( ) posted Wed, 09 March 2005 at 2:30 PM

There are 2 ways of doing it - depending on the look you want. 1) If you just want an oiled up look (such as http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=851764), do this purely with P5 mat room nodes. I did that render using HyperReal - putting the oiliness slider to full, but you could do it just with nodes - for each skin material, turn off the current specular, and add a blinn specular node. Set the eccentricty low (< 0.1) and the falloff high (> 0.5 from memory) - you'll need to experiment. 2) If you want actual droplets on the skib, you'll need to use a "wet" texturemap. IMO, it's hard to get really great realism using this method, although there are one or too good examples in the gallery.

Creator of PoserPhysics
Creator of OctaneRender for Poser
Blog
Facebook

FreeBass ( ) posted Wed, 09 March 2005 at 6:51 PM

Saw a tut somewhere w/ good idea fer droplets (P5); (paraphrased) Make a "clone" of yr figure. Put a "glassy" or "water" type tex on it. Add a displacement map fer the droplets...tut said to make yr own (may have had a link to one?), but I tink it may be possible to simulate one w/ a Spots or the ever popular Granite node (haven't personally tried) Pose yr clone EXACTLY as/ where yr original is. Render w/ Firefly. Voila!

WARNING!

This user has been known to swear. A LOT!

Samhain74 ( ) posted Thu, 10 March 2005 at 5:07 AM

Any idea as to a link to this tut FreeBass? I appreciate the help guys,it is my latest endevoer and i really wanna get it down.

RedHawk ( ) posted Thu, 10 March 2005 at 6:07 AM

...bookmark...

<-insert words of wisdom here->

PabloS ( ) posted Thu, 10 March 2005 at 7:33 AM

FreeBass ( ) posted Thu, 10 March 2005 at 8:32 AM

Sorry...been thru so many sites I dunno whats where, but it don' seem to be here or @ Daz....unless is RIGHT here in the forum...

WARNING!

This user has been known to swear. A LOT!

Nance ( ) posted Thu, 10 March 2005 at 6:12 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=994739

an older thread here with some different approaches, including one with Staale's "BodyMorpher" figure for Posette that had a second UV skin layer. Should be able to do the same trick in P5 (if I understand it correctly) with multiple map layers.

Nance ( ) posted Thu, 10 March 2005 at 6:19 PM

sheesh, was looking at the message number in the link above. Could we really have had over a million posts here since that one was made? (...and PabloS found them both - hey! how does he post without a message box?)

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 10 March 2005 at 6:26 PM

"(look for Beach Baby in their store)" That was the first thing I bought after getting Poser. I like the skin texture, but the face looks funny to me; she looks really cross-eyed :( But as for skin texture in general, it's a very nice one.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.