Sat, Sep 21, 12:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:22 am)

Subject: lack of free Zygote models

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2001 at 11:29 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:27 AM

Attached Link: http://www.zygote.com/Pages/poser/poser_free_in.html

When is Zygote going to upload a new free model? It has been stuck on that fountain for the last several weeks.

sama1 ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2001 at 11:45 AM

Sounds like the Bugs Buuny show where Daffy is promised to host the show "next" week.

whoopdat ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2001 at 11:57 AM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com/pages/free/free2.html

Uh, did you try clicking on it to go to the free model section? If so, you should see that they have a new division and website for poser called Daz3d. Try that link and there you go. :)

Marque ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2001 at 12:24 PM

The Zygote site will not be doing free models anymore, www.daz3d.com is where the poser stuff is now, and there is a free sundae there. 8^) Marque

jschoen ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2001 at 12:38 PM

As stated above, DAZ 3D is the NEW company that has taken all of Zygote's Poser content, and will be a Poser Only company. Zygote will still cater to all the other meshes and maps including Bryce and Character Studio (I believe). DAZ 3D has been trying to make the move as seamlessly as possible, but with any major move or new development of a company, things will be snagged for a time. As for the "lack" there really hasn't been one. While the fountian was up, DAZ was giving away "FIVE" free models over the holiday, gingerbread cookie and Michael santa, etc. The link from Zygote to DAZ has always been there, but not so obvious in the begining, but now if you go to the free section at Zygote, it will take you to DAZ 3D, and the NEW Ice Cream Sundae. They will still be doing a free model once a week, so Bookmark http://www.daz3d.com for all your Poser needs. James PS: I am by no means an employee with Zygote or DAZ 3D. Also you should have received e-mail anoucements via e-mail if you were on Zygote's e-mail list (you have to join the list to download the items anyway). And if you were on Zygote's list you are automatically on DAZ 3D's.

TRAVISB ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2001 at 1:27 PM

i think that zygote is too sloow in developing new characters i mean there are alot of free characters on the internet far more interesting than what they have some one there should be fired

MallenLane ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2001 at 2:47 PM

It just takes time really. It took me almost 2 months to make my Treant figure. Although admittedly it was my first one, so learning time involved in figuring out Poser's mechanics. ML

Marque ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2001 at 6:30 PM

Yes, but Treant is so cool he was worth the wait. 8^) Marque

TRAVISB ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2001 at 10:24 PM

I dont know who treant is (would like to) im not tryint to complain, its just most of the models i use i make or get from freinds here at renderosity and there are alot of people who own 3d studio or lightwave i would think if they couldnt get enough sub contract work that they would hire some more people to put out some. What about making some monsters, there are a million ideas. Creatures things like that even if they offered to buy models from people here, teyon, tbk, swfeeman, remc. i myself am working on a few that i will post in the support of renderosity page 4 a few bucks i think the stuff you get here is at least on par with zygote sydd and catherine wyrm "too many to list" go way beyond and litst is a hell of a modeler, (the people i mentioned are just a few that i have worked or talked with about related isuues there are alot more here that i admire) make them poseable these are simply my opinion and im not trying to down zygote ive bought things there before that were worth the money but id buy more if they had more intersting suff. im sure others would too. :0)

MallenLane ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2001 at 1:26 AM

My Treant is at BBay.com under Undecided Directions. I am currently working on finishing up a Ad&D style Beholder. So I tend to make more Fantasy creatures and such. But I did do one Hairstyle and broker it through Zygote. ML

Ihawk ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2001 at 6:33 PM

I kind of agree with TRAVISB here, I would like to see more characters and monsters done with Zygote quality. I've been begging for someone to make a beholder (I would pay well for that!) I know it is a lot of work to build something from scratch, I would like to see more variety. My $.02

MallenLane ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2001 at 8:47 PM

I am just working on the joints and texture for the Beholder atm. ML

Ihawk ( ) posted Mon, 15 January 2001 at 11:43 AM

Yes! If you want help with the texture or bumps, let me know.

ar2g ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2001 at 10:32 AM

As far as a beholder goes I don't think Zygote or Daz would be able to sell that model since it does bleong to Wizards as a D&D figure.

MallenLane ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2001 at 10:49 AM

Actually I don't believe the idea of the beholder was created by Wizards of the Coast. But at any rate, its a figure used everywhere without having to license from them.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.