Mon, Sep 23, 6:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 6:09 am)

Subject: looking for good t-rex monster?anyone...

doug770 ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2001 at 8:16 PM ยท edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 6:18 AM

Would pay for a good t-rex model. does anyone know where I can find one. Thanks. doug770mediaone.net

ar2g ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2001 at 8:21 PM

www.daz3d.com has one that looks pretty good. AR

wyrwulf ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2001 at 8:53 PM

Attached Link: http://www.pixelatious.com

ScottA has a good FREE t rex at http://www.pixelatious.com along with lots of other goodies.

Moonbiter ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2001 at 8:56 PM

Attached Link: http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/tyrell/769/

Scott Ayers has an excellent one on his site. He also has some other dino's. Really good work.

ScottA ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2001 at 9:04 AM

Why? What's the problem you're having with it? ScottA

Bladesmith ( ) posted Thu, 18 January 2001 at 1:01 AM

Hey Scott, love that t-rex! It does take a few tries to get anything to download off your site, tho... working on a new texture for it, maybe put it in freestuff when I'm done.

doug770 ( ) posted Thu, 18 January 2001 at 7:30 AM

I'm having a problem with poser not being able to open the obj.file. I checked it out and it's there but poser just won't open it. help! anyone.............

ScottA ( ) posted Thu, 18 January 2001 at 8:29 AM

Sounds Good Blade. doug. Make sure you follow the instructions exactly. Make sure you create the two folders and name them trex. All lowercase letteres. And no spaces. If you were able to unzip the file. Then poserex.obj file should be fine. But you can double check it by importing the .obj as a prop to see if the mesh is there. ScottA

doug770 ( ) posted Fri, 19 January 2001 at 1:01 AM

Thanks Scott, that did the trick. One more question though, The trex loaded ok but how can you change the teeth to white instead of the rex texture? The tongue to red instead of the rex texture? I've tried to seperate the teeth which the program does let me do , and load a seperate texture for the teeth, but when it goes to apply it nothing happens. sorry to be such a pain in the ass, but I'm stupid! please,,,,,anyone,,,,,,,!

ScottA ( ) posted Fri, 19 January 2001 at 10:09 AM

The teeth should already be set to white. And the tounge and claws shold be assigned a color already too. If you go to Render->Materials the material window should pop-up. And you should have a list of body parts that have materials assigned to them in the top right corner of that window. Select the teeth material. Then click the color button on the top left side of that window to choose the color for it. And make sure the texture map box below says "none". Like I said. This should already be set up. The materials info. are located in the .obj file. If you opened that mesh in another program first then saved it. You probably wiped out all of those materials. Make sure you use the unedited .obj file that comes in my .zip file. Or you'll have to redo all of those materials yourself. ScottA

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.