Thu, Sep 19, 3:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 2:39 pm)

Subject: new DAZ promotion...

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 5:57 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 3:34 PM

...is called "March Madness," and I think they may have gone insane. Holy crap! They are offering new products daily for $0.95. $0.66 for PC members! The sale price is good for one day only. Click on the big red button in the DAZ store to see the day's special. Today it's "Ollok," a pack for the Troll. But even if you don't have the troll, it's worth it, IMO, just for the nice Danie and Marforno set that's included. Regular price will be $18.95.

You have to check every day, because there will be new items each days, each one a one-day only sale. Of course, they're probably hoping you'll buy some other stuff while you're there, if only because charging $0.66 is kind of silly. But you don't have to. If you don't want to use PayPal, you can buy yourself a DAZ gift certificate, and use it a little at a time.

And no, I am not a DAZ groupie, or trying to advertize for them. It's a one-day only thing, and if your newsletter is delayed (as is very common) or you don't visit DAZ daily, you'll miss it.

Renderonesio ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 6:17 AM

Ohhh That is a true bargain

FreeBass ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 7:22 AM

Hot diggidy...tanx fer the heads up 8-)

WARNING!

This user has been known to swear. A LOT!

dlfurman ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 8:07 AM

And a great way to zap those odd cents sitting in vouchers!

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 8:17 AM

Thanks!! Did they just start today? Marque

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 8:20 AM

Yes, it started today. There's a stickied announcement in the DAZ "Commons" forum. And I got the e-mail announcement this morning. Which is amazing, considering that I usually get DAZ announcements a week late. :-P

Tguyus ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 8:22 AM

Thanks for the alert! Found I had an unused voucher from that whole V3 episode, so I got a great FREE new temple kind of place for Vicky to brandish her sword!

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 8:28 AM

That must drive the credit card companies wild.

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 9:05 AM

No, the credit card companies love it. Their official stance is that there is no minimum; merchants are supposed allow customers to charge any amount. Small purchases are a huge part of their business these days, with even McDonald's accepting credit cards.

It's the merchants who hate it. They get charged something like $0.55 per transaction, no matter the amount, so if you charge a $0.66 purchase, that takes a big bite out of their profit. They may even lose money on the transaction.

operaguy ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 9:36 AM

I'd say this promo is a case of quiet desperation turning into braying panic. ::::: Opera :::::

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 9:40 AM

Doubtful, I think Daz is just fine. Just treating their customers right. Marque

Francemi ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 9:56 AM

What I don't understand about this is that DAZ must be aware they will have to pay for each CC charge and are taking the risk of having to make only $0.11 of profit for each customer who doesn't buy anything else... so WHY do they limit the promotion to one model per day? I'm happy to know that we don't pay when someone charge a few cents to our CC. I was worried about that. So thank you for that info!

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 10:17 AM

If only 100 customers buy it they would make a profit. And since it's only one day folks who don't get the newsletter will probably buy the item at full price after today. Well worth the full price. Marque

Francemi ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 10:24 AM

I just downloaded today's item (I'm not interested in the model and I don't have it but the rest of the package is impressive). I have another question though. When I checked out, I saw it was a total of $0.00 because I could use my voucher on this. But I just received the order confirmation and here is what it says: Ollok 1 @ $0.95 = $0.95 Tax: $0.00 Shipping: $0.00 Discount: -$0.29 Total: $0.66 Can someone explain please? France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 10:38 AM

You should call Daz and ask them. If you are out of the country and can't reach them I will call them for you and ask. Marque

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 10:38 AM

Are you a PC member? That might be what the discount is. If not, maybe it's on introductory discount? Wow, maybe PC members get it for even less than $0.66.

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 10:41 AM

Just called them and sent them a link to this so they can answer your question. Marque

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 10:49 AM

The one-per-day scheme is obviously a ploy to get people into the store daily. It's the same with brick-and-mortar stores; getting people in the doors is half the battle. A lot of people will buy more than one item, while they're making the purchase.

If this is "braying panic," DAZ has been in a panic two or three years now. They usually have a big spring and a big fall sale. They've had better deals than this, IMO. Like when they've thrown open the PC to everyone for a month, and had a $0.99 sale. This promo is actually fairly limited, since only a few items are affected.

kamilche ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 10:54 AM

I bought 2 models while I was picking up the 99 cent freebie... 66 cents after the PC club discount. It worked on me!

Francemi ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 10:55 AM

Marque and randym... I just checked what is left in my account for vouchers: $4.34 (it was $5.00 earlier) so it means they did apply the voucher to ollok. I think I understand now: it also says the payment was made with voucher #xxxxx. Thanks Marque for calling them. I live in Quec. randym: yes I am a PC member and we have the 30% reduction as usual on all Daz originals and the products offered in this March Blowout are Daz originals. Also, because they are Daz originals, we can apply the vouchers to these products.;o) France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

pokeydots ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 10:57 AM

lol I bought a gift certificate to cover the rest of the March Madness offerings, so I don't have to keep using the credit card :)

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 11:01 AM

Yes, that is confusing, the way they send the payment receipts out. There's two, one that lists the order total, and one that lists the amount they actually charged your card (if anything). That freaked me out when I made my first purchase at DAZ. I opened the e-mail with the order total first, and thought they'd screwed up on applying the coupon and discount I was using. Then I opened the other e-mail, with the actual amount charged, and it was exactly what it should have been. :-) I plan to buy today's special, but I haven't yet. I'm waiting to see what today's PC offerings will be.

Francemi ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 11:06 AM

oh? Do you mean they add something new every day for PC? Didn't know that. Now that you mention it, I remember DAZ always sends 2 emails when I buy something. But I usually receive both emails at the same time. This time, I still haven't received the second email.

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 11:13 AM

No, they only add new stuff once a week. But it's Friday, the day the new PC stuff usually goes up.

Francemi ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 11:17 AM

randym: At the time you posted your last reply, could you tell me what time it was for DAZ? ;o) Thanks.

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 11:17 AM

This is a Good Thing.

Ordinarily, I don't visit DAZ every day....but this gives me an incentive to do so for as long as the sale lasts.

Thanks for the notification.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 11:34 AM

They're on Mountain Time, I believe, so it would have been 10:13 am. Friday morning.

Francemi ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 12:47 PM · edited Fri, 18 March 2005 at 12:51 PM

Thanks randym. I guess that means they are 3 hours earlier than I am. My timezone is GMT-5 - although I don't see it in here. I don't know how (if it is possible) to fix that for Renderosity forums. I asked the question in the Poser community forum but haven't received a reply yet.

UPDATE: I received a reply from the other forum when I went back to my inbox after posting this reply... No way to set the time to show in our individual timezone here at Renderosity.!??!??!?!

Message edited on: 03/18/2005 12:51

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

ratscloset ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 1:54 PM

I just downloaded today's item (I'm not interested in the model and I don't have it but the rest of the package is impressive). I have another question though. When I checked out, I saw it was a total of $0.00 because I could use my voucher on this. But I just received the order confirmation and here is what it says: Ollok 1 @ $0.95 = $0.95 Tax: $0.00 Shipping: $0.00 Discount: -$0.29 Total: $0.66 Can someone explain please? France This is normal. Regardless what you use to pay, you will get a statement showing how much you paid, but nothing was charged, since you used a Voucher. This is always confused people at DAZ. I wish they would add one more line to the Email and tell what was used to make the Payment (Gift Certificates, Voucher, PayPal, or CC.)

ratscloset
aka John

wolf359 ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 2:37 PM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ "I'd say this promo is a case of quiet desperation turning into braying panic." --------------------------------------------------------------- Just curious, but what exactly do you believe DAZ is Desperate and Panicking about??? any verifiable inside info you care to share??? ;-)

My website

YouTube Channel

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 3:21 PM

I don't think its desperation, I just wish they extended the sale to existing items as well as new ones. I just also wish they had some consistency in their pricing...

blonderella ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 3:26 PM

I believe it's just a matter of 'you can attract more flies using sugar than with vinegar'...treat your customers right and they'll be happy and keep coming back...and back...and believe you me, we HAVE, all this year...if what we alone spent this past year is any indication of how DAZ is doing, then they are doing quite alright, let me tell you...hehe...they seem to be a very fair company and I like the way they treat customers, so they reap our loyalty and other benefits from this end!

Say what you mean and mean what you say.

operaguy ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 4:50 PM · edited Fri, 18 March 2005 at 4:52 PM

It was an exaggerated statement to make the point that they are doing things they never would ordinarily do. The timing reflects desperation to take the wind out of a week that belongs to Curious Labs. Any company confident in it's position would not run such a cheesy promotion as a penny sale just as the opposition is having its moment. If they were REALLY proud and confident, they would have raised prices.

It would be like if one party held majority in Congress and announced a stunning major piece of Legislature on the Innaguration Day of a president from the opposing party.

::::: Opera :::::

Message edited on: 03/18/2005 16:52

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 4:52 PM

DAZ hasn't disappointed me yet.

They are doing the right thing here. In fact, this sale goes above & beyond the call of duty. Or of loyalty to their customers.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 6:45 PM

Looks like they put tomorrow's item up. It's "Aila Hair," a very nice hairstyle by Lisbeth.

coldrake ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 6:53 PM

"Do you mean they add something new every day for PC? Didn't know that." They said ALMOST every day, and I doubt they'll be putting things up on the weekends. "I'd say this promo is a case of quiet desperation turning into braying panic. ::::: Opera ::::: " Lol! That didn't take long! As soon as I started reading this thread I wondered how long it would take for someone to start whining. Coldrake

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 7:06 PM

No, she was talking about the Platinum Club items. You know, that go up every week. They're up now, BTW. Some nice stuff this week, though apparently not the items they had planned. For the March Madness promo, it looks like there is a Saturday item. There just may be a Sunday one as well. DAZ offices may be closed, but their web geeks seem to work weekends. Sometimes new PC items go up on Saturday, so March Madness items might, too.

wolf359 ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 7:11 PM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ "The timing reflects desperation to take the wind out of a week that belongs to Curious Labs." ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ In your opinion you mean. after all one could argue this week "belongs" to EON software as well. NO offense and Pardon me, but such a gratuitous assertion might be somewhat credible if Poser 6 somehow prevented the use of any DAZ content.:-) after years of frustration,Poser users will soon have a well deserved lighting and render system on par with Lightwave and Cinema4DXL.( two apps that I own and use) I imagine many of them will love to see how their DAZ content looks under image based lighting. with HDRI. And YAaa "jessi and "Jim" look infinitely better than that horrible Don and judy, but they are as yet UNPROVEN entities and you still have to $$BUY$$ poser 6 to get them. The Mil folk are a proven, albeit flawed, entity with an existing support base already established and are a free Download to any bloke who owns any version of poser or DAZ studio. and yes the morph packs are a separate $$purchase$$ but alas even the most casual glance in the galleries would indicate that not having the morph packs is not major issue for many. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ "Any company confident in it's position would not run such a cheesy promotion as a penny sale just as the opposition is having its moment." If they were REALLY proud and confident, they would have raised prices." ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ????????.....In my opinion such an assertion indicates a complete lack of understanding of what DAZ's market is, and the Direction of 3D Software and Content in General. there is industry wide DOWNWARD pressure on prices in 3D driven by a number of factors. two of which are saturation at top end and an influx of new talent and interest in wanting to do CG Alias was the first to acknowledge that the $$Good$$ old days of the "Ferengi alliance" were over when they Drasticly lowered the price of the ultra expensive MAYA Complete and offered a free learning edition. And now we have a $500 dollar version of Softimage XSI and a sub $300 Dollar Side grade version of lightwave3D and despite vehement denials Discreet (3DMAX) will eventually have to follow suit the popular term is "3D Democracy" these are NOT 'Cheesy" Promotions but acknowledgment of a changing paradigm in the CG market. to see this one has to Try to be Dispassionate and objective enough to realize that lower prices for us end users is not always the nefarious machinations of an evil empire seeking to enslave us later on.

My website

YouTube Channel

Kristta ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 7:23 PM

For those who don't want the old troll thing.....they also have a new hair style out called Aila Hair that is $0.62 right now. Kristta

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 7:47 PM

after all one could argue this week "belongs" to EON software as well. That's right! DAZ is no doubt targeting E-on with this evil promotion of theirs. CL will be next week, when DAZ releases Bryce 5.5. >:-) (No, I don't know for sure that DAZ is releasing Bryce next week. But Steve did say over at DAZ that they are about to release it. Whatever that means.)

SophiaDeer ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 7:48 PM

Two thumbs up for DAZ! I am downloading the Aila hair now and downloaded Ollok yesterday!

Nancy Deer With Horns
Deer With Horns Native American Indian Site

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 7:48 PM

Ok...I think the point is simple. You're either going to take advantage of what is being sold at the specified price or you're not. That's the take-home message which is quick to the point. Getting upset and posting really long messages doesn't change anything...

operaguy ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 8:00 PM

Colddrake, ......wait....no, I'm not going to slam a zinger back over the fence at you. I reject the term 'whining' of course, but in fact I accept your point anyway, I rest my case that this is bush-league timing on the part of Daz but I withdraw from this thread. DAZ fans should enjoy their sale.

operaguy ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 8:02 PM

Wolf,

The use of assertion is no vice -- and needs no qualifier that it is an opinion -- if the speaker accepts responsibility for substantiation. This I accept and have done.

Since I will be departing, I will just say that the only thing you said that stands solid is that this week should belong to E-On also. Congratulations to all Vue fans and happy rendering.

::::: Opera :::::

Gareee ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 9:37 PM

"It was an exaggerated statement to make the point that they are doing things they never would ordinarily do. The timing reflects desperation to take the wind out of a week that belongs to Curious Labs." Now I'm confused... anyone who orders the boxed version won't even have P6 until sometime around April 5th...wouldn't THAT week be more of a celebration week? And Daz creates content for poser.. so they ARE celebrating P6, in their own fashion. And IMHO, Vue really gets this week in my book.. Vue 5 infinite looks amazing! I'd buy into it, but in the last year I've seen like 5 different flavors of Vue, and I'd MUCH rather see ONE version, with upgrades, instead of vue 4, vue 4 pro, vue 5, and now vue5 infinite. What's next? Vue 4 infinite? Vue 4 pro Infinite? Vue 6?

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

Francemi ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 10:02 PM

I just downloaded Aila Hair.:o) I don't care a fig for the reason DAZ decided to have this March Madness Blowout... I TAKE IT and say THANK YOU. lolll

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

wolf359 ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 10:21 PM

"Now I'm confused... anyone who orders the boxed version won't even have P6 until sometime around April 5th...wouldn't THAT week be more of a celebration week?" Ahh.... but these real world facts dont matter to conspiratorialists Who pop into every thread mentioning DAZ to make silly unproven Claims and Quickly Flee into the wilderness whe asked to provide actual facts but such is the nature of the web forums. but who cares we REAL artists Are off to get our neat low priced Digital content for our work !! :-)

My website

YouTube Channel

elizabyte ( ) posted Sat, 19 March 2005 at 2:53 AM

Leave it to the Poser community to bitch about high quality products at low prices. bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

Ethesis ( ) posted Sat, 19 March 2005 at 12:31 PM

If this is "braying panic," DAZ has been in a panic two or three years now. They usually have a big spring and a big fall sale. Nicely said ;) BTW, remember: Aila Hair ... 99 cents.

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 19 March 2005 at 12:35 PM

Ah, I bought the damned hair as well... I don't really have a use for it at all, but I just couldn't pass up bargain hair. Wonder when the next one goes up?

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

nruddock ( ) posted Sat, 19 March 2005 at 8:46 PM · edited Sat, 19 March 2005 at 8:54 PM

Attached Link: http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=16583&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=249

... a $5 voucher valid until 23:59:59 20/03/05

Message edited on: 03/19/2005 20:54

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.