Sun, Oct 6, 3:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: You know you've been doing this too much when...;)

Kathye ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 2:16 AM · edited Mon, 16 September 2024 at 7:27 AM

You dream that you're in the fractal window of Xenodream and are asking to please stop clicking randomise now. You look at things in the outside world and wonder which metamorphs might make that shape. You play music and your mind starts to spontaneously create dancing kaleidoscope images. Anyone else?

tutri ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 6:25 AM · edited Fri, 18 March 2005 at 6:27 AM

Fun thread! ...you start scheduling your days according to rendering times! (hmm, four hours left, what can I do before I start a new render...?)

...you notice you've just sat two hours in front of the computer doing nothing except stare at the screen, waiting for the rendering process to finish!

Message edited on: 03/18/2005 06:27

whirlingfeather ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 7:03 AM

...You look at your watch and you should have left for work five minutes ago and you still have to save all of your "promising" spots for later exploration. ...You have to explain to your co-workers what a fractal is when you tell them your hobby. ...You spot particularly interesting gradients in the clothes people are wearing. This is fun!

Kathye ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 8:13 AM

Yeah! I do that too with the gradients :D I was going to say if I'm in someone's house I look at the wallpaper and imagine setting it up as a parametric gradient ;) Can you imagine the conversation.. 'hey nice wallpaper, interesting switch from linear to saw wave there;) Sleep - something you do while long renders take place.

CoolBreezeLady ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 9:43 AM

....you have 4 older computers boxed up, a laptop that you're using and a brand new computer ready to put together and your trying to figure out where you can put all of them and do APO renders on all of them at the same time!!! Not enough space but willing to sacrifice a little more dining area!!! :P

mountmous ( ) posted Sat, 19 March 2005 at 12:46 PM

...the last thing to do in your day is to see if you have any comments (even if you didn't post anything) ...you try to figure out how many layers there are in a photograph.

tdierikx ( ) posted Sat, 19 March 2005 at 4:24 PM

I can relate to whirlingfeather's comments - just got out of work late due to having to save my Apo parameters... lol! I also have to try to explain fractals to my workmates - and they are all IT workers... go figure?!? I've recently had dreams about cool flames happening even... Let's face it... I'm addicted! T.

Who? Me?

aramina ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 3:05 AM

....you get repetetive strain injury in your right arm and shoulder from to much xeno-dreaming and apo, and your doc says 'no more for 3 months!' will be back soon, luv jacqui xxxxx (aka aramina)

peace and bright blessings

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.