Mon, Oct 21, 6:02 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 5:20 pm)

Subject: Please help me - too many Vickies

BillyGoat ( ) posted Thu, 18 January 2001 at 2:58 PM ยท edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 5:02 PM

Please don't laugh out loud, but between the zygote updates and the Vicky CR2 fix, I have the following: (Can you tell me which ones I can delete?) Name Size Vicki - M 9.69 mb Vicki Map 8.90 Vicki Map 2 8.90 (1-12-01 z update) Vicki 8.89 Victoria Map 2.78 Victoria Morphs 403 8.66 (finger fix) Victoria 2.78 Don't the files overwrite the original on an update from Zygote? I'm feeling pretty silly... Thanks in advance

MikeJ ( ) posted Thu, 18 January 2001 at 4:02 PM

If you updated, it means you have the "better" version, and it's probably the Vicki Map and the Vicki Map 2. This is just from memeory though, but when I updated, which was only two days ago, I had wondered the same, but had made a backup first, then deleted the Vickies, and ran the update again, and, IIRC, it was what I mentioned above which was placed into my Zygote People folder. But I can't be absolutely certain, because since then I have renamed them. What you should ALWAYS do before anything like this is to abck up your .cr2's and your geometry .obj files. ALWAYS! But, rest assured, that I've been using the "new" Vickie all day, and there are no problems at all that I've found with her. I know I have the update, I just can't remember the exact names. If you really want to know, make a copy of all the .cr2 files, put them somewhere "safe", delete the older ones from your Zygote People folder and then run the updater .exe again, and then you'll have your answer.

MikeJ ( ) posted Thu, 18 January 2001 at 4:04 PM

I might add, if you have a problem with any of this, or if you want to be absolutely sure, I'd be happy to email you the original Vickie .cr2 file, but like I said, the new and improved update is just fine, and works just as the "old" one did, if not a little better.

MikeJ ( ) posted Thu, 18 January 2001 at 4:06 PM

I also think that if you open the .cr2 files in a text editor, there's some sort of clue as to the version in there. I think it's a higher number or something, on the update.

BillyGoat ( ) posted Thu, 18 January 2001 at 4:19 PM

Thank you for helping me - 50 megs of Vicki is obscene. I'll check the cr2 files for clues, great idea mjustmike. Thanks again for answering me.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.