Fri, Sep 27, 6:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 27 5:34 pm)

Subject: ...and the Download has Started!!

Vestmann ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 12:48 PM · edited Fri, 27 September 2024 at 3:02 PM

I still havent gotten an P6 E-mail from CL but when went to my order at www.findmyorder.com the Download link was Active!! The download will finish in 12 minutes and my chest is pounding!! I've you havent gotten your confirmation mail yet, check out your order! The link should be active now. I ordered my copy lasst Saturday. Well Im gonna make 15 gallons of coffee and buy 60 packs of smokes before the download ends ;)

Vestmann's Gallery

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 12:58 PM

please post a shot of the jessi hi and lo res full body mesh and James too, if you have the nerves to take time away to do so! ::::: Opera :::::::

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 12:59 PM

Great tip Vestmann, I'm dowloading too :) Only another 2 hours to go :(

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

philebus ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 1:01 PM

Just checked my order and it reads 'order fulfilled' - which I don't like the look of. I'll give it a couple of hours and try again.

Vestmann ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 1:02 PM

Ill see what I can do Opera. Its installing now. Hei fugazi, are you using a download manager? You should use GetRight. I download up 6 or 7 times faster when using GetRight...

Vestmann's Gallery

Mazak ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 1:03 PM

hrhrhr.. I hope your serial number is include in download.. ;-) Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Vestmann ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 1:04 PM

Hei Philebus. It said 'order fulfilled' for some time before the link appeared. Just keep hitting the Refresh button...

Vestmann's Gallery

Vestmann ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 1:06 PM

..the damn thing takes a while to install... or maybe the waiting is slowing it down. Hei, would like me post my first render herealong with some first impression notes?

Vestmann's Gallery

vilian ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 1:20 PM

Especially impression notes :)

Outdated gallery over at DeviantArt

Fics at FanFiction.net and Archive of Our Own (AO3)

raz ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 1:21 PM

haha you guys are gonna crash the server I'll bet at CL... Im waitin a few more days, then making the plunge....

FishNose ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 1:31 PM

File is now onboard. Average transfer rate landed at 211 KB/sec which is about 1,7 Mb/sec. Not bad. File was intact, unzipped perfectly. Here's a snippet from the EULA: "Portions of Program contain technology and/or other components licensed by the Company from the following third parties: Pixels Digital, Inc., Singular Inversions, Inc., Size8 Software, Inc., Runtime DNA, and DAZ Productions, each of whom retain the ownership, copyrights, trademarks, and patents to their respective contributions to the Program." :] Fish

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 1:37 PM

Fishnose, be sure to tell us if the new figures are compatible with tDAZ textures just like Don and Judy were...

knightonahorsie ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 1:40 PM

I wish I could get my download on the status it says order Supressed :|

joffry ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 1:42 PM

I never thought of doing that, was waiting for an email. I am now DOWNLOADING!!! bless dsl.. 750meg should be done in 25 minutes.

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 1:43 PM

PBM ... The P6 figs have their own UVs.

Beady ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 1:44 PM

Mine said 'order fulfilled' I simply hit the re-download button and it became available. 35% complete now.

FishNose ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 1:44 PM

PBM - It'll be a while before I'm in a position to check tuff out in the app. I'm copying my entire P5 directory to a new drive and then installing on top of it. Will take a while... 45 Gig. I don't dare EVER install on top of my original P5, if it didn't work out I'd be dead. knightonahorsie - great name, lol!!! - reload your DL page over and over. I did that until I got the link. Give ithell :o) :] Fish

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 1:45 PM

FishNose I think you have the prize. Everyone will be waiting to hear your reaction. 8-)

Indoda ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 1:49 PM

On it's way down only getting 100 kps though. Silly cable connection when you want it to perform it never does. Impatient - what's that? Only 1 hour to go. Tomorrow this place will indundated with info and renders ;)

The important thing is not to stop questioning.
- Albert Einstein

Indoda

Lawndart ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 1:50 PM

How do you get your serial number though? Don't you need the email from CL?

FishNose ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 1:52 PM

LDLD - the ser no is on your Invoice page. :] Fish

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 1:52 PM

".....and it's Fish by a nose!" ::::: Opera :::::

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 1:53 PM

".....with Kight on a Horsie bringing up the rear....."

jeffg3 ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 1:53 PM

I got it. This is a WHOLE different Poser. Doesn't really feel like P5. There's so many things to check out.

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 1:55 PM

wireframes please

Marque ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 1:57 PM

Hurry hurry!!! Wondering if I should have opted for the download version...lol Marque

Klutz ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 1:59 PM

I'm getting order supressed too :0/

********************************************************************************************************************

Life is a beta.

In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

MachineClaw ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 1:59 PM

Is it supposed to be only 1 CD? 698mb zip file? I thought it would be 2 CDs and the winter queen. oh and 11% downloaded, I'm still waiting.

knightonahorsie ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 2:00 PM

I just phoned customer support for the UK and they told me it wasn't released yet ?!?!? do they know what they are talking about?

PhilC ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 2:02 PM

Fishnose, it will install to a new Poser 6 directory. Your Poser 5 will not be affected.

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

knightonahorsie ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 2:05 PM

oo suprise I just checcked again and it is available for download now :) bad new is I have to go to work 10 mins b4 download ends :(

blue2000 ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 2:05 PM

one hour to go then can have some fun

FishNose ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 2:08 PM

Phil, I want to upgrade to as to get all the old stuff with me. Which is why I want to have a full coipy to install onto. However that took SO long that I canceled it and did a quickie instead and now have P6 installed more or less clean. Here's the text from a text file shown after install - info about OpenGL: "Poser 6 offers OpenGL hardware accelerated rendering as well as SreeD software rendering options for the scene preview display. Unfortunately, due to the vast variety of graphics hardware available, hardware acceleration may not be supported on every system. In that case please use the SreeD software rendering option. Poser should automatically detect whether or not OpenGL hardware rendering is supported for your system, and if not, should default to SreeD software rendering. It is strongly recommended that users visit the website of their graphics accelerator vendor and update to the latest driver version. NOTE Checking the "Open Display Properties Settings" option on the following screen will open the Display Properties tab. Users may use the "Advanced" button to check the current display adapter driver version and configure optimal OpenGL settings. List of known issues and supported hardware devices: - ATI FireGL users should select the "Poser" profile for optimal performance. - Hardware acccumulation buffer usage might fail. We recommend leaving this setting set to software accumulation buffer. - If your graphics hardware does not support the creation of a pbuffer for offscreen drawing properly, you might encounter artifacts when rendering preview movies with OpenGL. If this is the case, please do not cover the document window in Poser while exporting a movie." :] Fish

Netherworks ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 2:10 PM

I don't know about the second CD but WinterQueen is in the download file as a seperate setup. I got mine in about 22 minutes. Still poking around. No issues and took 9 seconds to load up after installation. WinXP Pro (SP-1) AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (2.21 GHz) 1 GB RAM Nvidia GForce 4 Ti 4200 (128 MB RAM)

Vestmann ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 2:14 PM

There are two simple things that makes P6 a whole new experience for me. The ability to re-use shadows and textures between renders. That means that if you've done all you're texturing you check "keep Textures" and you wont have to load them each time you render!! Talk about speeding up the workflow.

Vestmann's Gallery

Netherworks ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 2:24 PM

Nvidia users - there is a newer driver (certified) as of March 11th, 2005 (71.84). I was previously using 66.93 so I'm off to get it.

Robo2010 ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 2:25 PM

Mine is a boxed purchase and I have good goosebumps from others making good comments about it. I can not wait to see an image from someone here. I am very excited for you people who are downloading. :-)

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 2:26 PM

Well, thanks to a diligent Katherine, I have now finally 'pre-ordered' Poser 6. ;) I'm getting the physical shipment (UPS 2nd day) so will have to wait for the experience. Yes, renders, screenshots, information!!

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 2:27 PM

WOOOOO HOOOOOOOO, kuroyume0161!!!!! (Stands up and applauds!!!!)

FishNose ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 2:29 PM

file_204156.jpg

Here's a quickie capture of the interface, OpenGL at 1600x1200. Or so it says... I think it looks more like a lower res, the menus, texts and stuff are enormous. Note the render options window. Transparency preview doesn't look so hot - look at Jessi's hair. ?? :] Fish

Kristta ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 2:31 PM

She's pretty. I kind of like her but her hair is a mess in that shot. FishNose, Thank you for posting. I'll be going to the galleries every five minutes to check for new images. Kristta

Klutz ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 2:32 PM

Download in progress :0)

********************************************************************************************************************

Life is a beta.

In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

jeffg3 ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 2:32 PM

<<>> You've got particle hair on her. Try one of the geometry hair models.

Mint3D ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 2:34 PM

WOW i just got mail from CL and my download is active :) i was concern about if i install it right away will it mess my poser5 directory, thank you Philc for the information about it :) YES brand new directory :)) Excited Excited ... damn its night here allready cant peek untill morning LOL wish me happy dreams

"Windows 7 crashed.
I am the Blue Screen of Death.
No one hears your screams."

FishNose ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 2:37 PM

Note: Included in package are: Microcosm from RDNA LaRoo2 LE from RDNA 14 Hairstlyes from Kozaburo for Jessi (and 4 for James) Alphaman by Sixus1 And the Winter Queen package of course, (with a file size of 42MB compressed) etc. :] Fish

stewer ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 2:37 PM

FishNose: It looks like you picked a dynamic hair cut, not a transmapped one.

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 2:41 PM

Microcosm is included? cool...landscaping stuff is always cool.

Tirjasdyn

eecir ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 2:42 PM

Hi there, just wondering how good Alpha man is in Poser 6 - can you reduce his bulk and does he have an expressive face. Cheers

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 2:44 PM

The shoulders, face shape and nose suggest a Posette derivative. Oh dearie me.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 2:47 PM

Wow. Those hairstyles look great. As you would expect from Koz. :-) Not wild about Jessi's shoulders. But I love her hair. Bet it will work fine on V3 and SP...

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 2:48 PM

That is dynamic hair ... try some of Kozaburo's (in the Kozaburo hair folder), that has trans maps.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.