Fri, Sep 27, 10:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 27 7:32 pm)

Subject: ...and the Download has Started!!

Bobasaur ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 2:48 PM

Does the baby have anything more than diapers?

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

MachineClaw ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 2:48 PM

PDF page numbers are a bit out of it. Pg 23 lighting, takes you to installing poser section. Pg 9 which is installing poser takes you to another page of the table of contents. runs back to manual

Netherworks ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 2:52 PM

Hacked the background color already. :) I can't help myself.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 2:54 PM

Thank you very much, Deecey. :) Patience is a virtue, but they always forget to mention the wall banging and computer out the window part of it... ;0) The size of the windows is probably caused by the font size which may be something that CL adjusts for the display size. I'll show you a screenshot at 2048x1536 when I receive my copy, install, and run. Then we'll know for sure.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

guarie ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 2:55 PM

Where do I get my Serial Number from? The Redownloadable screen (where I can download my file now) says under serial number - "Not Available" and there's none listed if I click on the "Invoice" button. :( Would hate to download it and not be able to use it.

jeffg3 ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 2:58 PM

The IBL is very, very fast. The ray traced soft shadows are nice (bye bye for me to slow depth map run ups!) Some bugs I'm seeing on W2k SP3: Min/Max behaves inconsistently Color picker is not working

FishNose ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 2:59 PM

file_204158.jpg

Here's a quick pic from Materials room. Excuse crummy lighting and pose and such - not my priority right now :o) Yes guys you were right - here's Koza hair with trans in PREVIEW, WOOHOO!!!! Incidentally, so far app is stable. No nonsense. A missing tex caused the usual popup but when I said 'no' to continued search it laid off quite quickly. Oh, man. :] Fish

FishNose ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 3:02 PM

I've waited for that since '98. Phew.... :] Fish

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 3:03 PM

A missing tex caused the usual popup but when I said 'no' to continued search it laid off quite quickly.

Wow. Now that is great news. Except possibly for Hogwarden. ;-)

aeilkema ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 3:03 PM

Sure looks and sounds good! Mine is ready in 45mins.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

Robo2010 ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 3:03 PM

OMGOSH..the material room looks more playful from P5. :-)

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 3:05 PM

Is that the low-res or high-res version of Jessi?

squid69 ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 3:06 PM

14 minutes left on download @ 257KBPS, somewhere in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Just need V5I to arrive and I'll have everything I need to take over the universe, hahahahahaha!

FishNose ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 3:08 PM

file_204160.jpg

And here is the 'advanced' tab in the Materials room activated. This is the stuff we recognize :o) :] Fish

Shadow_Fyre ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 3:08 PM

Great pics fishnose, can't wait to get my shippable copy :/, but I'm wondering what size desktop you use since it looks so much bigger than mine? Keep posting everyone who has their copy! By the time I get mine I'll know it all, mwhahahaha LOL Yea right....

Francemi ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 3:10 PM

I'm glad you guys get to download P6 now. I don't expect the box to make it to my home before at least the beginning of May so you will have time to post lots of images and give us lots of info.;o) France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

FishNose ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 3:11 PM

weezie, I do 1600x1200. The text sizes are WAY bigger than in P5, so it's easily readable, not like P5 which has much smaller texts in 1600x1200, a real hassle. I don't know whether this has to do with OpenGL settings or such, I'm not an expert on that, I just use it lol. :] Fish

FishNose ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 3:15 PM

file_204161.jpg

Randi, this is HiRes Jessi. Here's a dump of the Jessi directory. :] Fish

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 3:16 PM

file_204162.jpg

Something that will make dual monitor owners happy .... (reduced in width so as not to really throw this thread off! LOL) And that is lo-res Jessi on the left, hi-res Jessi on the right, in smooth shaded mode. With polygon smoothing you can't tell the difference.

Klutz ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 3:16 PM

Guarie....You should find your S/ No on the email notifying you that download is ready....Just above where it says S/ No not available! :0/

********************************************************************************************************************

Life is a beta.

In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 3:20 PM

Thanks, FishNose! She does look rather Posette-like. Though thinner, I think. Though I suppose that's not a surprise, since she's Posette's granddaughter, so to speak.

guarie ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 3:20 PM

The number above that is my P5 serial number - so is it the same? Sorry for being so dense.

FishNose ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 3:21 PM

file_204163.jpg

All four tabs collected. I love that "Double-click Behavior - Add to scene" :] Fish

FishNose ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 3:24 PM

Guys - your new Ser No. is on your "Invoice" page at CL, where you DL the file. The ser no. will have a '60' in the first group of characters. :] Fish

Netherworks ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 3:27 PM

file_204164.jpg

James Hi-Res. Firefly, my own 4 soft lights.

Shadow_Fyre ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 3:28 PM

That double click option is awesome, how many times have we (I know you have!) double click and get the replace figure question. Fishnose, yup, you definitly run bigger than me (1152 x 864), but I may try bigger now that you say the text is easier to read.

FishNose ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 3:30 PM
  1. There's a 'delete all lights' script in the Python 'Utility Funcs' menu. 2. I see no alternative to leg IK being 'on' at figure load - unfortunately. Hate that. :] Fish

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 3:30 PM

I like his eyebrows. Softer-looking than M3's, without being girly. Hair is a bit odd-looking, though. Looks like it might be missing a transmap here or there?

Shadow_Fyre ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 3:32 PM

Netherworks, great pic but what hair is that?

guarie ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 3:34 PM

For some reason my S/N still isn't coming up - a quick call to Digital River and I have it. They're really helpful. :)

MachineClaw ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 3:36 PM

Anybody find out more about the new Poser 6 morph thingy. I want to read about it in the manual but don't know what I'm looking for. Jesse gets most of Koz new hair, not all of which is P6. kids get 1 hair style each. Koz hair for James is cool, some of which is P6 new. Content paradise says it's going live in hours, there maybe more P6 content on there once it goes live have to keep checking to find out. So far all the "changes" in Poser 6 have been just what CL said minor bug fixes, speed, and UI enhancements. Poser 5 was a hog for me on this box, laptop it screams, Poser 6 so far has been fast as can be and smooth. OpenGL in poser 6 is a dream, finally thank you.

PandyGirl ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 3:36 PM

god i am gonna cry .. LMAO.. downloaded with no problems.. installed no problems.. OR SO I THOUGHT.. went to open up.. typed in the serial number all good.. started up.. started running credits.. then closed on me.. kept doing it.. restarted my comp same thing happened.. so i reinstalled.. keeps doing it.. anyone have ANY ideas what is going wrong here ?

Klutz ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 3:38 PM

No if that ain't it........ I can't see any '60' number...Whereabouts on the invoice, please? Got a busted download too....Start again :0(

********************************************************************************************************************

Life is a beta.

Momcat ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 3:38 PM

bookmark

Kristta ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 3:38 PM

I gotta quit looking at this thread. I'll die if they don't ship mine soon. Kristta

zskiraly ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 3:38 PM

for sale. Check it out.

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 3:40 PM

PandyGirl, almost sounds like a display problem. The first thing I would do is make sure you have the latest drivers for your video card, and if it supports OpenGL.

PandyGirl ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 3:45 PM

thanks deecey not all that of a computer person.. so not sure exactly how to make sure of all of that.. but am downloading what updates came up for my graphics driver

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 3:46 PM

Agreed, Deecey. The latest NVidia drivers are 71.84. A little buggy in Cinema 4D though - might need to check out the proper settings to use. :)

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 3:46 PM

PandyGirl, before you cause a riot. Take a deep breath& call tech support.

Tirjasdyn

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 3:46 PM

Do you know the make and model of your graphics card? That would help.

Netherworks ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 3:47 PM

Yes - use the latest drivers. I did try older drivers and it was NOT good. Yeah, the hair is a little chunky in places. Short_Spike hair (transmapped) included. Both Adults work in the face room (both Resolutions). Kate and Ben don't. No issues with the color picker here.

FishNose ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 3:50 PM

file_204165.jpg

The render that is :o) (Jessi says, "I can see the hair on my arm grow!") Answer is it took almost 2 whole Marilyn Manson tracks. Huh?? you say. Well, lol, when I'd started the render I got to looking for something to time it with. No watch, clock, not even a cell phone! So all I had was a CD in the player - Marilyn Manson. Started it up and kept an eye on time elapsed.... 6 minutes exactly, not bad at all. Firefly with shadows on, etc. Bunches of lights, an old light set from P5. P4 2,5 GHz with 1 GB RAM. She's hi-res and she's wearing her default tex. Nice figure, a nit muscular for my liking but still. App still rock solid, no hangs, nothing. It reacts a bit slowly sometimes when I change folders to look for poses and so on, but at least not worse than P5, I don't think. :] Fish

mabfairyqueen ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 3:51 PM

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 3:53 PM

ROFL That pose is too funny. But she (and I) can't see her watch! LOL

Netherworks ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 3:54 PM

Victoria 3 loads with no problem. Injections work without having to move the !DAZ (chanvis and all that) folder to the P6 library. I'm using a linked Runtime, fyi.

rain ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 3:55 PM

Penguinisto ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 3:56 PM

BM, y'all. /P

gothicenchantedangel ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 3:57 PM

Has anyone had any problems with the download? Mine's been downloading for the last 2 hours, then the download window just closed on me! Does this mean I have to start the download again? *sob It's nearly 10pm here in the UK and I can't leave the pc on all night :-(

Klutz ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 3:59 PM

Much the same here...My d/l closed out at 169Meg :0( Still waiting on resolve of the serial number issue too. :0(

Life is a beta.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.