Fri, Sep 27, 10:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 27 7:32 pm)

Subject: ...and the Download has Started!!

FishNose ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:00 PM
  1. With the render in a window with its own tab, you flick back and forth between render and preview instantly - it's TOO COOL!!!! 2. When I've rendered and then do a "Save As.." the render doesn't prompt for a save. Only the Scene. The render I have to "Export". This is the first time I ever pre-order any software, ever, in 20 years. I always waited first. Like with P5 - I waited about 8 months before I caved in. But then last Saturday (18th) it was my birthday and I went 'Oh hell, let's just do it'. I had a good feeling about it. Not like last time. This is goosepimple stuff. Big stupid grin stuff :o) :] Fish

maclean ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:00 PM

'I love that "Double-click Behavior - Add to scene' At last! Maybe this'll be the death of the 'How do I get 2 figures in my scene at once?' question. Keep 'em comin', folks. And someone please check if Render Wipe works. mac

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:02 PM

You can also do area renders ... in other words, draw a square or rectangle over an area in your preview window, to do a render of only that area. ANDDDDDDD, check out the little drop-down lists in the lower left corner of the render window. You can compare more than one version of the render, as it keeps them all stored.

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:03 PM

Randy and all, after a long discussion yesterday with a modeller who understands joint parameters, I have become convinced that the issue with the shoulder is intrinsic to Poser. He looked long and hard at Victoria in the setup room, and at my girlfriend Judy+EJ (who as much as I like her has problem in this area) and now I am looking at the first images of Jessi -- with the shoulder bulge. The mesh bulges at the shoulder because of compromise to allow room for as much range of movement as possible --- it's a compromise/tradeoff situation. I accept this fact now and you will not hear me ranting at Daz any longer about it. He says the higher order applications such as Max/Maya/XSI etc. are more powerful and do not suffer this fate as seriously. ::::: Opera ::::

Netherworks ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:04 PM

I had problems downloading with Mozilla. I used IE instead, just for this download because it will usually resume a download if it stops halfway (depends on the server). It went all the way through on IE though.

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:06 PM ยท edited Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:06 PM

Three cheers for Fish and the others we BigBoxers are living vicariously thru you! Thank you for posting images.

How about a body shot of James.

Can you show Jessie with her arm one quarter bent and three-quarters bent so we can see what the inner elbow fold looks like.

::::: Opera :::::

Message edited on: 03/21/2005 16:06

wolf359 ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:06 PM

Hmmm could someone pose jessi with her hand over her face?? for proportion reference So far on "jessie" i see posettes shoulders and unnaturally large hands for a girl. thnx ;-)

My website

YouTube Channel

JohnRickardJR ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:09 PM

Yes, render wipe works very nicely. Rather oddly, it even works if you have started a new picture (as I wipe between an IBL woodland and a hairstyle)

gothicenchantedangel ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:11 PM

I tried to see if it would resume the download but it started from the beginning, then gave me a timeframe of 5 hours for the download to complete.. I'll just have to try again in the morning......

PandyGirl ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:12 PM

lol i got it and downloaded what any updates there were.. and their tech support is a joke.. LOL u have to leavea message and they will "try " to get back with you.. lmao at the moment.. i am playing in poser 6.. .. thanks deecey ;)when i had checked before it said it was compatiable with openGL so not sure what the problem was .. but the update worked.. lmao

Klutz ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:12 PM

Only option, I think Gothic. Have you got your serial number?

********************************************************************************************************************

Life is a beta.

In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

Staby ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:12 PM

Do they work in the Face Room?

saxon ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:12 PM

Damsel ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:13 PM

Attached Link: http://www.planit3d.com/source/viewtopic.php?t=3811

Check out my render of the WinterQueen at PlanIT 3D...Awesome rendering in this version and it's not even at final resolution. It's about 3/4 final. No postwork whatsoever...just some compression and a sig. Woo Hoo!! :-)

Kathie Berry
Admin/PlanIT3D

Some painters transform the sun into a yellow spot.ย 
Others transform a yellow spot into the sun.
ย --Pablo Picasso-
-

jcbwms ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:13 PM

Jesse and James are new meshes -- not reworked or subdivided posettes or dorks!!

maclean ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:13 PM

'Yes, render wipe works very nicely' Thanks. That'll be a boon to me. No more saving 50 test renders. And I see you can set the number of renders to store. Who knows what that does to memory? mac

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:16 PM

That's right, jcb, they ARE all new mesh.

DrmzRmyne ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:16 PM

Well I'm just as excited as everyone else here. Thing is I'm trying to download mine and then after about 413mb is downloaded it says download is complete...but it's not. It's a 698mb file....does anyone know why it's doing this? Getting a little frustrating...have started the download like 3 times already and keeps saying it's done around the same place.

Klutz ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:20 PM

Mine closed out at 169Meg once...On the second download now....Can't get through to support about the serial number either :0(

********************************************************************************************************************

Life is a beta.

Lovemends ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:20 PM

Is barber shop and hair tools improved in Poser6?

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:20 PM

Cause everyone is downloading at once. That would be my guess.

Tirjasdyn

Netherworks ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:21 PM

Her hands are a bit large - however, you can scale them down to about 90% with no ill effect that I can see.

gothicenchantedangel ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:22 PM

That's around the same place my download stopped at, but it just closed (having said that I had the box ticked where it says close box after d/load is complete, so I don't know if it did say it was completed or not. Yes, I got my S/N and my e-mail saying my pre-order is ready for download. The serial number is on that e-mail as well.

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:24 PM

file_204169.jpg

Ok here is my first :) the Red Queen. I so wish I had morew time to play tonight, it'll have to wait till tommorow :( take care John

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

Nicholas86 ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:24 PM

Someone let me know if they have improved the setup room at all and made things a bit more controlled? Brian

PandyGirl ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:24 PM

file_204171.jpg

i really love the look of this thing.. lmao.. and i haven't had any problems with V3 or morphs not working i linked from p5 runtime.. only thing is.. the character is james and not figure one or vicky.. lmao for the name of the figure in the primary window

gothicenchantedangel ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:25 PM

And it just stopped again at 18Mb into the download on my second attempt :-( I did get a zipped file into my documents folder this time though (I put unticked the box this time)but it was very uncomplete lol.

rasputina ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:25 PM

mine is downloading right now, I can not wait! ^^ so excited.

Klutz ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:27 PM

It isn't on my email, that I can see anyway. Under the Poser6 entry it says Serial number: Not available I just got 'Your serial number has been attached to your order information' & a link to the download area, which doesn't have the serial number listed. :0(

Life is a beta.

PandyGirl ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:28 PM

file_204173.jpg

the 2nd tab of the materials room.. one is more like p4 then the advanced is exactly like p5

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:28 PM

Klutz ... is it possible that you could have ordered the box version? That's what mine says and I ordered the Boxed version.

GWeb ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:30 PM

How was the light controls in the pose room?

PandyGirl ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:30 PM

Klutz : u have to go to your order through the findmyorder link they give u .. once u get there there is a button that says redownload order.. ur serial should be there

Netherworks ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:30 PM

file_204174.jpg

operaguy, your requested bends (if I understand right):

Netherworks ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:31 PM

file_204175.jpg

bend again:

Klutz ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:33 PM

Thanks for the tip PandyGirl. ...but it just says Serial number : Not Available :0((

Life is a beta.

PandyGirl ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:33 PM

i saw an image of jessi's feet.. i think she is related to big foot.. LMAO

martians ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:34 PM

I have not received a serial number either. It is not in any of the invoices, not in the order details and not in the confirmation mail! :-( BTW, I got the Poser 5+6 deal. The Shade 7 serial IS listed in the confirmation mail, but can't be found in the invoices or order details either. Does Curious Labs/Digital River have some other account history other than findmyorder.com?

Klutz ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:37 PM

Hi Martians, I am wondering whether it is related to just the 'Global' link....Perhaps the 'Americas' one is better organised? I have been trying the 'Global' support number for an hour now...Constantly engaged :0((( (I had the same deal as you BTW)

Life is a beta.

FishNose ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:39 PM

file_204176.jpg

1. Here's an Area Render. This is magic - I clicked on the Area Render button (Top right in preview window) and it highlights. Then I drag a rubber band, let go and it starts calculating the render. Just like that. 2. I tested canceling an area render. Worked fine. It seems that doesn't do it, I needed to push the cancel button. But I may be wrong about that, esc may also work (?) 3. I forgot to say that I have the following running in the background and have had for hours: Photoshop, 3x Internet Explorer, File Explorer, NewsGroup app, screen cap app and Wordpad. Poser seems not to care. I keep switching back and forth, Poser recovers neatly every time. :] Fish

LeeEvans ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:39 PM

Well, I'm in the "I ordered the physical shipment" hell of waiting.... One question.. I never went to P5, but know there is sh** -loads of stuff available... I am assuming that the sililarity in P5 and P6 will allow for seamless usage of the materials? (Prolly a really stupid question, but I wanted to ask anyway... hehe) -L

LeeEvans ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:41 PM

OHH.. would still like to see a full render of James... Jessie doesnt look half-bad for a standard figure.. would like to see James, and the kids if possible.. :) -L

constantine_1234 ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:50 PM

bookmark

Spanki ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:54 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_204177.jpg

Wow! Jessi is HOT! ;)

Cinema4D Plugins (Home of Riptide, Riptide Pro, Undertow, Morph Mill, KyamaSlide and I/Ogre plugins) Poser products Freelance Modelling, Poser Rigging, UV-mapping work for hire.

VisionAiry ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:56 PM ยท edited Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:57 PM

Oh, I am so freaking jealous! I was hesitating between the download and the boxed version, and in the end picked the physical shipment. Now I wish I hadn't because I have almost NO patience at the waiting game ;) Please, post more so we get to see what cool stuff it can do :)

Message edited on: 03/21/2005 16:57

Spanki ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 4:56 PM

..yeah, ok, sorry - that's not Jessie ;). But it was my first render in P6 (it's actually a model Fatale and I have been working on.. there's a desktop-sized P5 render on my homepage (under freestuff) if you're interested).

Cinema4D Plugins (Home of Riptide, Riptide Pro, Undertow, Morph Mill, KyamaSlide and I/Ogre plugins) Poser products Freelance Modelling, Poser Rigging, UV-mapping work for hire.

GWeb ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 5:01 PM

Hmm that ABSOLUTELY looks different than any of preview images!! Spanki would you mind to add HDRI or GI to enchance the image some brightness?

PandyGirl ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 5:02 PM

file_204178.jpg

thinking the hair needs a little help .. but here are ben and kate

wolf359 ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 5:04 PM

Are there any built in face morphs for jessie?? or will we see a deluge of same facejessi clones like we have with the free vicky and what about bodymorphs (ie bigger breasts+ ass )

My website

YouTube Channel

GWeb ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 5:05 PM

Hmm maybe the background need a backdrop image to match with figs' lights?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.