Mon, Sep 9, 8:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: For those saying AO in P6 creates artifacts...

Nalif ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 9:40 AM ยท edited Sat, 20 July 2024 at 5:49 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_206200.jpg

It just takes some tweaking. I set the AO sampling size from 3 to 6 and it looks much better. This scene has one light set to IBL and AO turned on. I'm using a picture I found of the sky via google ( didn't like the included IBL AO set ) and I found that if you take the same picture and lighten it via a color_math node, and then plug the result into the diffuse node of the light that it has much better results. The character is Jessie with the WinterQueen hair. I set up a basic skin shader with the new fastscatter node.

Message edited on: 03/22/2005 09:44

shedofjoy ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 9:53 AM

Love the render, can't wait till my P6 arrives in the post. I love the shadows in this...

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

stonemason ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 9:59 AM

yes,nice shadows ..how long was the render?(& how big)

Cg Society Portfolio

Nalif ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 10:04 AM

The image is at the size it was rendered at. As for the render time, I'm not sure as I wasn't timing it. Another thing to consider is the back drop - it's a little heavy on the polygons right now because I haven't optimized it yet. I'd say it took around 10-15 minutes. I have pixel samples set to 9, raytrace turned on and max texture size turned to 3000. Raytrace bounces are set to 3.

stewer ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 10:56 AM

You should get away with less pixel samples and save some render time - 3 is a good default when you're not using strand based hair or depth of field.

lululee ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 3:45 PM

Nalif, Where is the fastscatter node? She has very nice skin. Nice render. cheerio lululee

Nalif ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 7:59 PM

The fastscatter node is under new node > lighting > special .

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.