Thu, Sep 19, 3:44 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 2:39 pm)

Subject: Official "I'm waiting for my P6 Boxed Club!"

Gareee ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 2:27 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 3:41 PM

file_206255.jpg

First Rule: We don't talk about Wait Club....

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

Gareee ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 2:30 PM

Oh, BTW, P5, simple bar prop, displacement mapped. Something kind of odd though.. when rendering it, betwen the render "passes" I get corruption between those stripes.. I worked around it by increasing my bucket size to huge, but is there a solution other then that?

thixen ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 2:45 PM

me too, and as soon as I win that free copy here I'll be a happy camper positive thinking (damn it sucks to be broke)

RawArt ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 2:57 PM

I am waiting too...but not so anxiously. I am still debating wether or not to buy a new hardrive to put it on...I still have room on the old drive, but am sure it will fill up fast and would hate to have to move it to a new drive 6 months from now. LOL

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 2:58 PM

Maybe it's that scaling thing. I don't suppose they fixed that in P6...?

semidieu ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 3:11 PM

Did you set the Minimum Displacement Bound to a value greater than the displacement value you set for the material ? And i'm also waiting for P6...

Gareee ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 3:15 PM

Um... nope! ;) It was at whatever default settings are. and I was displacing like 3 or 4.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 3:27 PM

I am waiting on mine, too. But that's OK -- whenever the first downloader that didn't back up their P6 copy suffers a hard drive crash -- then we'll be hearing all about it.......... I prefer having a box on the shelf. It's reassuring.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

Chris ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 3:29 PM

take me in to the club ;) Greets Chris

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

Gareee ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 3:31 PM

file_206256.jpg

I did an avatar for Wait Club....

VisionAiry ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 3:36 PM

I'm joining the club, silly me, I THOUGHT I didn't want to download such a large file, but I wish now that I had chosen the download option :(

Gareee ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 3:39 PM

I wasn't much concerned abou the download size..but I'f I'm going to use a utility a LOT, I want a manual I can refer to occasionally, even if it sucks some.. ;)

salvius ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 3:39 PM
Online Now!

Box on the shelf is nice, but I mostly just like being able to take the user manual to read in the john, at work during lunch, on long bus rides, etc., without having to print out all x-hundred pages of it. Especially when I'm getting a second, entirely unfamiliar program thrown in as part of the preorder deal. :-)

Berserga ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 3:40 PM

You'll be happy when you have your pretty box. Plus there will probably be a patch by the time we get it. :D

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 3:49 PM

Box on the shelf is nice, but I mostly just like being able to take the user manual to read in the john Just don't mistake it for the old Sears catalog. The missing pages might be the very ones that you'll need later.

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 3:50 PM · edited Tue, 22 March 2005 at 3:51 PM

I'm here too. I like physical things. (TOS Smack!)

Ordering the box version allows time for:

Cleaning out the old harddrive (and) ordering a new one.

I shouldn't say this but with P5 I did the preorder/;physical box and got it just one week after release date.

I never looked back.

Message edited on: 03/22/2005 15:51

Tirjasdyn

jwiest ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 3:51 PM

Joins the Club Thought the same thing...that I didn't want to DL it...still not sure it'd have gone well, but sorta wish I had. Oh well... shrugs Was going to be a member of the too broke to buy it/waiting to win it club, but ended up working some OT recently that's covering the price. :)

John

Macsen ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 3:53 PM

Anyone has had confirmation of Shipment yet? Count me in the Wait Club Rick

Gareee ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 3:55 PM

DR isn't even supposed to have them in their hands for like 6 days, so we won't get ship confirmations until a tad after that.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 4:02 PM

A proper manual. I made the mistake of buying the Shade Standard DL. Never again. PDF's suck the big one when trying to find out something. I've had to ask those with the manual where to find what I was looking for. Also waiting gives the DL owners time to figure out how to toast Content Paradise. First thing I'll do after install.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 4:06 PM

Originally, I had hoped that I would have my copy of Vue Infinite to work with by now.....but V5I hasn't shipped to me yet, either. I'll forget all about having to wait for V5I/P6 within a day of receiving them in the mail.

Francemi ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 4:14 PM

I'm in. But not in a hurry to get it. I don't have time to play with P5 and my health is not permitting me to play on the computer much these days so I prefer to wait a few weeks even more and "maybe" by then I'll be able to play with my new toy. If I had downloaded it, I wouldn't be able to play with it and THAT would make me sad. ;o) France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

thefixer ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 4:15 PM

I don't expect to get my copy until about April 2nd by my reckoning based on what CL said about distribution. If I haven't got it by then I'm gonna spit the dummy out, throw the cat into the rain and all the other bad stuff that comes with not getting what I want when I want it. [I've got a teenager and I learnt this sort of stuff off him, lol].

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Francemi ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 4:19 PM

thefixer... I'm very happy for you you don't live near my place... I sincerely doubt I'll receive my box version before the beginning of May (if not after that). ;o)

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

Gareee ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 4:19 PM

Plus, ya can't read a PDF in the bathroom.... Unless of course, you have a laptop....

Kristta ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 4:21 PM

I'm joining the wait club. I know better than to just rely on downloads in this house! Kristta PS. Doggone it. The money is still in my account.

Francemi ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 4:25 PM

Kristta, they said they'd send an email as soon as it gets shipped and that they won't charge it before it gets shipped so, no email=no charge, no email=no shipment.

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

thefixer ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 4:27 PM

Must be the first time ever that I've actually WANTED my credit card charged!!!

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Francemi ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 4:33 PM

lolll fixer! I had a flash of a scene in which a fisherman was tempting CL (fish) with his credit card at the end of his line and trying to get the fish to grab the card! Too bad I'm not good enough to render such a scene in Poser.

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

thefixer ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 4:36 PM

Ah now that does sound like a scene!! Well I'm off to bed now and have nice pleasant dreams of my new toy!!!

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Francemi ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 4:43 PM

Sweet dreams... and no crashing of Poser 6... at least not until you actually install it on your computer! lolll

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

dlk30341 ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 4:56 PM

I've joined...waiting on my box as well...got V5I today though so 1/2 the wait is over :)

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 4:57 PM · edited Tue, 22 March 2005 at 4:58 PM

Originally, I had hoped that I would have my copy of Vue Infinite to work with by now.....but V5I hasn't shipped to me yet, either.

I have to correct my earlier post. I checked E-on's site, and my copy of Vue Infinite just shipped out today.

Excellent! Vue Infinite will provide me with plenty to do on its own. A couple of additional weeks waiting on P6 won't be any trouble.

Especially seeing as how I do almost all of my rendering of Poser scenes in Vue, anyway. Message edited on: 03/22/2005 16:58

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 5:09 PM

Mine too, but I'm also in the wait club for p6. They already have a patch out...lol Marque

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 5:21 PM

I received an email from E-on about their shipping manager having a heart attack and that having an impact on shipments. A little stress there maybe? I'm finally in the Wait Club. I've never heard of it and who is Joe? :)

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

ratscloset ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 5:27 PM

There is a contest at Planit3D that includes P6 as one of the prizes! http://www.planit3D.com

ratscloset
aka John

Gareee ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 5:30 PM

a P6 patch already? News 2 me!

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 5:32 PM

The first rule of Wait Club is "You do NOT talk about Wait Club." The second rule of Wait Club is "You do NOT talk about Wait Club." The third rule of Wait Club is "If someone taps out or goes limps, the wait is over." The fourth rule of Wait Club is "No belts and no shoes." The fifth rule of Wait Club is "Waits will go on as long as they have to." The final rule of Wait Club is "If this is your first night at Wait Club, you have to wait."

Gareee ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 5:39 PM

No, No! The second rule is: "If you drop the soap, do NOT bend over to pick it up!"

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 5:41 PM

No shoes. well..okay then...

Tirjasdyn

TC ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 5:45 PM

I'm in ... My dial-up connection is so slow that it makes waiting for a boxed set the quicker option ... Where i live, the information highway is more of a footpath ...

FishNose ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 5:52 PM

I belong to the "Got It Onboard Already Club" ;o) (Evil Grin) :] Fish

GWeb ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 6:02 PM · edited Tue, 22 March 2005 at 6:03 PM

file_206257.jpg

I live about 146.8 miles from Santa Cruz where CL's office is. I still have not received my box. Did the delivery truck missed my hometown?

Direction for delivery to my local Post Office :)

Miles Map
Start: Depart Santa Cruz, California, United States on Chestnut St (North) 0.2
1: Keep STRAIGHT onto SR-1 [Cabrillo Hwy] 1.0

2: Take Ramp (LEFT) onto SR-17 towards CA-17 / San Jose / Oakland 26.6
3: Road name changes to I-880 12.6

4: Turn RIGHT onto Ramp towards Mission Blvd / I-680 / Sacramento 0.2
5: Take Ramp (LEFT) onto SR-262 [Mission Blvd] towards Mission Blvd / I-680 / Sacramento 1.1

6: Turn RIGHT onto Ramp towards I-680 / Sacramento / Livermore 0.2
7: Take Ramp (LEFT) onto I-680 [Sinclair Fwy] towards I-680 / Sacramento 58.1

8: Take Ramp (RIGHT) onto I-80 towards I-80 / Sacramento 41.5

9: Road name changes to I-80 Bus [US-50] towards US-50 / I-80-BR / CAPITAL CITY FWY / Sacramento / South Lake Tahoe 3.3

10: Turn RIGHT onto Ramp towards I-5 / Los Angeles / Redding 0.4
11: Take Ramp (LEFT) onto I-5 towards I-5 / CA-99 / Redding 0.8

12: Turn RIGHT onto Ramp towards J Street / Downtown 0.2
13: Bear RIGHT (East) onto J St 0.7

14: Turn RIGHT (South) onto 12th St < 0.1
End: Arrive Sacramento, California, United States

Message edited on: 03/22/2005 18:03

tanithis ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 6:05 PM

Well I was waiting on the box until last week when I found out that I get a free download of Poser6 because I bought Poser5 in Febuary and to send them my reciept after the release date. I found out today when I faxed it that I will have to wait about a week or so before they will get back with me on the download link. Now that I am back to waiting can I join too?

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 6:34 PM

GWeb it wont ship from CL directly to your house:-) it will go to a major distribution "HUB" and be sorted and redirected from there this "HUB " could literally be as far way as Dallas texas

My website

YouTube Channel

cindyx ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 6:48 PM

I'm in the club. I don't mind waiting. I would rather have the physical product. From reading all the comments posted since the download, I'll be more ready and know what to expect.

Latexluv ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 7:03 PM

I'm in the club. I always prefer to have the physical disk, box, and book.

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

diana ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 7:25 PM

I'm in the club. I wish I had both download and physical shipment, even with a slight price increase to cover bandwidth and setup of the download. I won't give up a printed manual when it is available though.

jerr3d ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 7:32 PM

Cool thread - I ordered the box version so I could get the book

Ethesis ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 7:33 PM

Loved GWEB's post -- that shows some good humor and some innovation.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 7:53 PM

Guess I'm in the club and the answer to my question in "That other thread" is no, we don't get to download it if we ordered the box.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.