Thu, Sep 19, 11:07 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Poser 6 OpenGL preview question

flyerx ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 6:53 PM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 8:42 PM

Hello,

I do not have Poser 6.

I would like to know if Poser 6 has a way to limit the size of the maps it uses for the OpenGL preview.

The reason I ask is because controlling this would allow video cards with low memory to work smoothly. Previewing performance is what is important, not texture quality since the render will take care of that.

I know this is trivial to implement (I have done it in PoseRay). It is coded at texture load time.

Earlier DAZ Studio releases loaded the textures close to original size and it made the program useless with many high resolution maps unless the video system had more than 256MB of RAM. Thankfully they changed the OpenGL settings to fix the maps to a given resolution and cap the memory allocation.

thanks for any info,

FlyerX

maclean ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 7:14 PM

I don't know how P6 works, but studio seems to release the textures from one scene to another. If you load a 2nd scene, then check the tex list, the previous ones are all gone. I can't say for sure that they're gone from memory, but studio's mem requirements are very low, so I think so. It would be really nice if P6 did something similar. mac

R_Hatch ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2005 at 2:34 AM
Online Now!

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=2174237

It looks like Poser 6 sets it quite low; see attached link.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.