Mon, Sep 16, 10:41 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 7:48 pm)

Subject: Will Face Off's Skin Shaders Work in P6?

philebus ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2005 at 1:31 AM · edited Mon, 16 September 2024 at 12:30 PM

I've just upgraded from Pro Pack and am keen to take advantage of these shaders but wanted to make sure they work OK in Poser 6 or if I should wait for an update to appear. Has anyone tried them yet?

DCArt ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2005 at 1:44 AM

I've used Real Skin Shader and it works just fine. The only thing I had to do to get it to work on Jessi was add a couple more material names. Should be an easy fix or update.

philebus ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2005 at 1:48 AM

That's great, I guess I'll be spending some more money today! I'll probably get the V3 set he did with Morris. Thanks!

jeffg3 ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2005 at 2:24 AM

Hyper-Real works fine.

Singular3D ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2005 at 7:13 AM

...and if you have any problems. face_off is a very helpful person.

Netherworks ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2005 at 9:09 AM

Could you post a pic, please - I'm interested in seeing this on Jesse

TamiL ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2005 at 10:04 AM

I'd like to know how to add the materials too!

DCArt ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2005 at 10:36 AM

file_206416.jpg

By request, here's a pic of Jessi with the Real Skin Shader applied. The texture on the left is Molly, by Syyd Raven (at RDNA). The texture on the right is the default Jessi texture. Both are shown with default lighting that has been repositioned slightly to point more toward the face. As for explaining how to add the materials, I will defer that to faceoff, unless/until I get his blessing to explain. 8-)

TamiL ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2005 at 11:53 AM

file_206418.jpg

I was able to figure it out on my own, here is a simple default picture using skin shader on Jessi.

Morris ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2005 at 12:52 PM

file_206420.jpg

Those are beautiful examples!

Here's a test render with HyperREAL V3, and new skin texture for SP3 in Poser 6 ;-) I rendered it with the lights that come with HyperREAL for V3, I'm still playing with the new lighting options in P6, lots of fun ;-)

Netherworks ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2005 at 12:57 PM

Oh, so you apply these to existing textures? Or is that optional? Or am confusing things? :D

Morris ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2005 at 1:01 PM

Yep HyperREAL V3, includes an option to use either the textures included in the pack or to use other v3 textures. RSS you use with existing skin textures, however is script only while HyperREAL uses alpha maps and other goodies to further enhance skin textures.

face_off ( ) posted Thu, 24 March 2005 at 7:50 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=2179281

Pls see the above url regarding compatibility. Deecey, I didn't notice the issue with Jessi (but I was working with an early version) - downloading the final P6 version now and will update the FAQ with the changes required to RSS for Jessi. Thanks for this info.

Creator of PoserPhysics
Creator of OctaneRender for Poser
Blog
Facebook

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 24 March 2005 at 8:23 PM

No problem, face_off ... basically, for Jessi you need to add materials named Head and Body. For James you also need to add Genitals. I didn't want to step on your toes with a response, which is why I waited. 8-)

face_off ( ) posted Thu, 24 March 2005 at 8:25 PM

Thanks Deecey - I'll update the FAQ in the next 24hrs.

Creator of PoserPhysics
Creator of OctaneRender for Poser
Blog
Facebook

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.