Mon, Oct 21, 9:59 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: The "gather" node in P6 - Any insight?

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2005 at 11:10 AM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 9:52 PM

I'm interested in getting the radiosity-like "color bleeding" effects, but the manual doesn't seem to specify where this node belongs. I know what it does in theory, but how does one put it into practice? Anyone know specifics on how to use it correctly? Stewer...?

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2005 at 2:21 PM

Thanks, LD. I missed that.

nerd ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2005 at 2:22 PM
Forum Moderator

I plug it into the reflection root. During beta we had a sample scene that showed how it was supposed to be setup. Maybe after some of the dust settles CL will be able to post some sample scenes on how to use these. If I have time I'll whip up a quick tut on how to use this and FastScatter. Nerd3D

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2005 at 2:27 PM

I think FastScatter has a macro built in for instantly inserting it onto any figure, but a tut for more about the gather node would be great, nerd. Thanks! ;-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.