Thu, Sep 19, 3:10 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: OK so what is the deal with Poser 6 to Vue 5 import?

tlaloc321 ( ) posted Thu, 24 March 2005 at 3:57 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 3:09 PM

There are 3 possibilites: 1. P6 files will not open in V5 2. P6 files will open in V5, but Jessi and other P6 content will not be present 3. P6 files will open in V5 I have had bits of 1 and 2, can anyone answer this issue with certainty. I know that shader stuff won't transfer and that the highlight issues are present but can I run P6 and import all my P5 content just like I always have or do I need to keep P5 around. I would rather avoid using 2 interface setups P5 and P6. Thanks!!!

plmcelligott ( ) posted Thu, 24 March 2005 at 4:13 PM

I believe if you have P5 installed, then Vue will import a P6 file using only the features supported under P5. Vue is using P5 as its interface to open the file. It doesn't know how to talk directly to P6 yet. Vue will release a patch for Vue 5 to let you open P6 files directly but no timetable has been announced. Since P6 doesn't appear to have made drastic changes to the structure of a Poser file, I'm hopeful it will be quick.

yggdrasil ( ) posted Thu, 24 March 2005 at 4:58 PM

As a test, I renamed my P5 poser.exe and moved it to another disc. Opened Vue, loaded a PZ3 and pointed Vue to the P6 poser.exe when prompted. Loaded fine to my surprise. PZ3 was Jenni with dynamic cloth dress, conforming slippers, conforming ponytail hair and included hi-res textures. Previously I assumed that Vue was just using P5 to load the parts of a P6 file that it understood, but in this test, Vue should have had absolutely no idea where to find P5!

Mark

dlk30341 ( ) posted Thu, 24 March 2005 at 6:28 PM

E-on has not rec'd the SDK for Poser6 yet or they have it has NOT been implemented. This is why Poser6 will be more or less a hit or miss unitl E-ON puts out an update. My advice...stick with Poser5 until the update comes out :)

Dale B ( ) posted Thu, 24 March 2005 at 7:14 PM

Try it with morphs in the PDM file base. Mover 5 doesn't know what that is, so it ignores them. At this moment, E-on doesn't know whether they will be able to deploy the P6 interfacing as an update, or will be required to actually make a Mover 6. Stay tuned....

tlaloc321 ( ) posted Thu, 24 March 2005 at 8:19 PM

Hmmm, when I try to load a file with Jessi in it, the props open in Vue and Jessi is simply not there, like anything that was a P5 type object goes through and the P6 objects are simply not converted but it sounds like yggdrasil was able to load Jessi (or did you write Jenni) just fine.

yggdrasil ( ) posted Fri, 25 March 2005 at 6:10 AM

file_207068.jpg

Oops, shouldn't type when half awake. I meant Jessi. I've loaded Jessi, James and WinterQueen with no problems. Before even attempting it I did take a couple of precautions that I thought might help Vue. I uncompressed the P6 libraries using the supplied python script and in general preferences I unchecked the use binary morph targets in the save options. (I know I'm losing several of the advantages of using PMDs this way, but if it gets it to work with Vue...) Above is a quick example of James with P6 strand based hair (textures are definately NOT final, and I'm not sure what's going on with his neck. I've not seen that before).

Mark

tlaloc321 ( ) posted Fri, 25 March 2005 at 6:16 AM

I did a test where I put Jessi and a V3 in a P6 file and tried to load them into Vue 5E and V3 came through but not Jessi she was just gone. I will have to look for this Python script that uncompresses the libraries since I have done the other things that you mention. Where is this python script? I would like to use the P6 items in Vue. Thanks.

tlaloc321 ( ) posted Fri, 25 March 2005 at 6:40 AM

HMMM I ran the uncompress script and checked the .obj files box when I did, then in my P6 general prefferences I unchecked the save files boxes use file compression and use external binary morph targets but still no human figure. I was trying to import the winter queen and I got some props and hair that shows in the Vue preview but not the render. Very strange and a bit disturbing that we are getting different results there must be some difference in that uncompress move.

yggdrasil ( ) posted Fri, 25 March 2005 at 7:08 AM

file_207071.jpg

That's odd. As I said, I didn't really have to do anything, it just worked. Could it be a diference between V5E and V5I? Here's an example of WinterQueen.

Mark

tlaloc321 ( ) posted Fri, 25 March 2005 at 7:14 AM

might be, you are using V5I I assume?

yggdrasil ( ) posted Fri, 25 March 2005 at 7:19 AM

Yes

Mark

sandoppe ( ) posted Fri, 25 March 2005 at 1:47 PM

I am very interested in this subject. I still run Vue 4 and remember waiting for a year before I could import P5 .pz3's into that version! So I've made myself a promise: I will not purchase Vue 5 or Poser 6 until I know Vue 5 can import the P6 .pz3 without any hassles. I still remember the finger pointing that occured before Vue could import a P5 file. CL said it was Eon's problem and Eon said CL wasnt sharing the SDK. I really wish the two companies would collaborate in a more timely fashion. Hopefully this will get resolved quickly this time.

Dale B ( ) posted Fri, 25 March 2005 at 2:42 PM

They are collaborating on the P6 SDK this time. It's been pretty much admitted to that the P5 SDK was -not- ready for prime time.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.