Tue, Oct 22, 10:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 4:45 pm)

Subject: Any Sign of Movement from DR's Euro Warehouse?

tastiger ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 1:19 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 10:30 PM

I Know - lot's of these threads popping up but most are generalized - thought I'd start one just for all of us outside the US and Canada that are expecting our boxes from England... BTW - How many Aussies & kiwis waiting on their orders? Because at what they are charging us for freight - I'm wondering whether that guy that's swimming out with our boxes can carry them all... :)

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.
Robert A. Heinlein

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz   3.50 GHz
64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

eirian ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 2:32 AM

Still "Pending shipment". Sigh I'm in the UK and waiting...most impatiently!

tastiger ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 2:50 AM

Was it a holiday in the UK on Monday?

Robert A. Heinlein

64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

KindredSpirit ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 3:35 AM

Yes it was a Bank Holiday and together with Good Friday, things could be delayed by an extra 4 days boo hoo.........

Nevermore ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 4:29 AM

Yeap, I'm in the UK...and still waiting. It's getting tedious now.

tbird10 ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 5:35 AM

Unfortunately, I suspect that as for Poser 5, they will have shipped the boxes to DR's eurpoean distribution centre (in Ireland as I recall) by surface, rather than air, it could easily be several more weeks before they start sending them out. Though I hope that I'm wrong :-(

Nevermore ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 5:52 AM

Well that'd be a bit of a joke - and not a funny one either. I hope you're wrong too, I'd like P6 before the end of the summer :o)

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 8:38 AM

I'm in the US and pre-ordered on 2/17 and I'm still waiting...

Kristta ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 9:27 AM

PapaBlueMarlin, I ordered on the 17th of Feb. in the US and I'm still waiting too. Seems a bit ridiculous. Kristta

artistheat ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 11:31 AM

I'm in the US and I'm suppose to get it this Thursday the 31 here....So people who order next day should have it already...Any next day people out there?

thefixer ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 11:35 AM

There are also people in Wales, Scotland and Ireland waiting tastiger as well as England!!! ;-) thefixer poser coordinator

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

mkrueger ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 12:44 PM

I also ordered on the 17th Feb., being in Vienna. But as I happened to look at my order status before the weekend, it said: Status: Cancelled!! So now I'm not waiting for Poser 6, but for a clarification why my order got cancelled. Needless to say I'm a bit miffed. I wrote both CL and Digital River an email via their oh so great web mail interface (I hate those things, you only got options for cases that don't apply to your situation), I'm mighty curious what their answers will be (if I get any). So instead of opening another thread, anybody else got a magical cancellation? martin

R_Hatch ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 12:45 PM

If I haven't got it by friday, I'm going to have them refund me the extra money I paid for "2-day" shipping. Digital River shipping FAQ Q: If I ordered overnight shipping, when will my package arrive? Poser 6 was released on the 21st, and should have arrived at your facilities by now. A: -crickets chirping- I think that on some level, Curious Labs is afraid to do things too well for some reason. Since they did such a great job with the actual program this time, I guess the shipping had to be FUBAR to equalize everything. Hopefully this is the last time they use Digital Ribbon.

Ian Porter ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 1:22 PM

file_210292.jpg

It probably depends on how good your contacts are.....(only joking) :-) Still a member of Wait-Club... :-(

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 1:26 PM

hehehehehe

artistheat ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 1:34 PM

OH BOY!Those Two get everything First..LOL..

odeathoflife ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 3:02 PM · edited Tue, 29 March 2005 at 3:02 PM

I emailed DR yesterday and they forwarded it to CL's and CL's sent me this email... it seems that some were sent and now they are awaiting a restock.

{Snipped from email and edited to remove personal information only}

We're sorry, the product that you ordered is on backorder. Although we
do not have an estimated arrival date, we are working with the vendor to obtain more stock as soon as possible. As soon as we receive your
product it will be promptly shipped and you will receive a confirmation
email at the address you supplied on your order. Rest assured that we
will not charge your card until the product ships. Your patience is
greatly appreciated.

Thank you for contacting the online store's Customer Support. If you
have any further questions or concerns, please "reply" to this e-mail.
EDITED This is also to me living in Canada not Euro

Message edited on: 03/29/2005 15:02

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

tastiger ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 3:23 PM

file_210293.jpg

Looks like we found out how they are shipping to Europe

Robert A. Heinlein

64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

FishNose ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 3:43 PM

ROFL tastiger!! WATCH OUT FOR THAT ICEB- :] Fish (blub blub)

artistheat ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 4:10 PM · edited Tue, 29 March 2005 at 4:11 PM

file_210294.jpg

That's a dangerous Voyage...The US has a different way of delivering things...

Message edited on: 03/29/2005 16:11

PointLady ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 5:07 PM

My order still shows 'Pending Shipment" (I'm in Australia). I just wish some official person, from either Digital Rivers or CL would clear some information to all of us (wherever we live) on just what the actual status of our orders is now that the Easter break is over. Also, does anyone know if Catherine from Curious Labs is around at the moment, or taking a break. I need to clear up something from a previous IM we had in Feb. When I replied, I never got an answer, but then she was extremely busy at the time and it probably got overlooked in the volume of IM's from here and elsewhere. Jan

odeathoflife ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 5:26 PM

Well I just got my tracking #, so I think that the email they were sending out saying that the orders are awaiting back order was a place holder. (again I am in Canada)

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

dlk30341 ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 5:51 PM

You guys crack me up! US - still waiting :(

tastiger ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 8:01 PM

As well as this from CL....

They must have heard you PointLady :)

*Physical Shipment Update

Americas Store

The first shipment of Poser 6 SE has been received into inventory by our

Digital River US warehouse and orders are beginning to be filled.

Americas - Windows
At this time, we expect that all valid orders for the Windows version placed between February 16 and March 29, 2005 should be filled within the next one to two business days. Delivery times will vary based on the method chosen when the order was placed.

Americas - Macintosh
At this time, we expect that all valid orders for the Macintosh version placed between February 16 and March 26, 2005 should be filled within the next one to two business days. Delivery times will vary based on the method chosen when the order was placed. All Macintosh orders placed after March 26th will be filled when our second shipment reaches the Digital River US warehouse, which we currently anticipate will be the week following April 12th.

Global Store

The shipment of Poser 6 SE has been delivered to our Digital River UK warehouse and

orders will begin to be filled as soon as the shipment is received into inventory.

Global - Windows
At this time, we expect that all valid orders for the Windows version placed between February 16 and March 29, 2005 should be filled within the next two to four business days. Delivery times will vary based on the method chosen when the order was placed.

Global - Macintosh
At this time, we expect that all valid orders for the Macintosh version placed between February 16 and March 29, 2005 should be filled within the next two to four business days. Delivery times will vary based on the method chosen when the order was placed.*

Robert A. Heinlein

64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

R_Hatch ( ) posted Wed, 30 March 2005 at 1:07 AM

I take back about 25% of what I said ;p Got the email, should be able to play with Poser 6 over the weekend :)

PointLady ( ) posted Wed, 30 March 2005 at 1:29 AM

Hi Tastiger, got the same email today too. Guess we will just have to wait longer than we thought (for Aussies at least). Maybe the first service release will be available before we actually get it in our hands eh! At least we can read all the posts about P6 and absorb something. I am saving all the tips etc in notepad and there will eventually be lots of tutorials available to help I hope. Jan

tastiger ( ) posted Wed, 30 March 2005 at 1:56 AM

Hi Jan, It's now about 8-49 am in the UK so I am hoping we may see some movement from their warehouse overnight(our time) as it seems those emails are sent just before shipment. So let's cross fingers, but I had a hunch this morning that we most likely wouldn't see our boxes before next Wednesday... Wonder if it's only one guy swimming or they have enlisted the help of the England Commonwealth Games 4 x 100 metre freestyle relay team? Surely for $88 they could afford the team and substitutes! Be good training for Melbourne next year! :)

Robert A. Heinlein

64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

R_Hatch ( ) posted Wed, 30 March 2005 at 2:53 AM

Sorry to report that it's just Rowan Atkinson on a pogo stick. At least the Aussies are getting Kylie Minogue in a rather unkempt VW beetle. Life just isn't fair, although it can be a bit average...

PointLady ( ) posted Wed, 30 March 2005 at 3:03 AM

Hi Shane, lol, I agree. What are Thorpe and Grant Hacket doing these day, what a team they would make - at least we might get it even earlier if they employed these two :) I reckon they will 'ship' all the Aussie orders together, but hope not on the Titanic, that was an amusing image you did. Let's resurect the Concorde, we might have got it yesterday lol. I'll be afraid to go out anywhere next week now. Jan

tastiger ( ) posted Wed, 30 March 2005 at 4:11 AM

Oh Joy - it will arrive during the school holidays.....

Robert A. Heinlein

64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

tbird10 ( ) posted Wed, 30 March 2005 at 9:27 AM

Woohoo, just received an e-mail from Digital River stating that my order has been shipped, I went for the two day option so should have it by the end of the week. (UK resident ordered 10th March) :-)

Nevermore ( ) posted Wed, 30 March 2005 at 9:32 AM

Yeap I've had an email too - I can't remember what shipping option I chose (I ordered on the 3rd March) so I've no idea when I'll get it. Be a nice surprise when it does arrive I s'pose. :o)

tastiger ( ) posted Wed, 30 March 2005 at 1:40 PM

Got my Email! - looks good to see that order fulfilled on the DR site and a Tracking Number - although that isn't working yet. So I figure perhaps 3 days to either Sydney or Melbourne and another day to Country Victoria - might just see it before Wednesday....

Robert A. Heinlein

64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

artistheat ( ) posted Wed, 30 March 2005 at 1:46 PM

Check your tracking number it should take you to the site where it will tell you what day it will arrive....

tastiger ( ) posted Wed, 30 March 2005 at 2:12 PM

" One or more of the numbers you entered are not valid UPS Tracking Numbers. Please review and update the field(s) highlighted in red with arrows (>>>)." Oh darn have to check on that later today. This is very exciting but without the tracking number being in the system yet I did a delivery calculation on the UPS site and it shows earliest as Wed 6th or up to Friday 8th depending on which method they are shipping by...:(

Robert A. Heinlein

64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

tastiger ( ) posted Wed, 30 March 2005 at 4:39 PM

file_210295.jpg

This waiting is going to be hard - but I'm sure UPS are efficient....

Robert A. Heinlein

64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

artistheat ( ) posted Wed, 30 March 2005 at 4:51 PM

LOL..I hope that plane has enough fuel...I would hate to read the headlines the next day..."POSER 6 LOST AT SEA"

PointLady ( ) posted Wed, 30 March 2005 at 7:59 PM

Shane lol. Got my email too. Had any luck in your tracking yet. I checked this morning and got the same as you, but as you said, maybe it is not activated yet. Keep us informed if you find anything out. Jan

tastiger ( ) posted Wed, 30 March 2005 at 9:04 PM

No sign yet of the tracking number being activated - it's now 03:59 in the morning UK time so my guess is that they got the boxes out the door last thing at night and UPS won't enter them in their system until start of business today... Although the email was marked as CST - so they sure do things funny - ship from England and send emails from USA????? "Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 08:50:53 -0600 (CST) X-Mailer: MIME::Lite 1.135 (B2.11; Q2.03) From: service@digitalriver.com"

Robert A. Heinlein

64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.