Fri, Sep 20, 9:50 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: V3 vs. Jessi, Post Your Opinions on Which One Looks Better...

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 06 April 2005 at 8:35 PM

Now there's an idea. And how about morph packs for V3 RR or M3 RR?

moonrancher ( ) posted Wed, 06 April 2005 at 8:48 PM

Yes, Deecey, standard res Jessi is way better on resources, but I had to push. Then I also wanted to get some serious face wrinkles happening, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up needing the extra polys in the hires Jessi for that. So for me it ends up being about the 'state of the art', which is still limited by the performance of the pc. Can't have everything. Like a truck and a house and also a couple of workstations. Gotta be realistic and try to live within the means of the pc. LOL.

nakamuram ( ) posted Wed, 06 April 2005 at 8:53 PM

file_215550.jpg

I think Jessi has great potential. I would certainly take her over V3 "out-of-the-box." Of course you can make V3 look great with morphs, magnets, and scaling. Right now, it's a little harder to change Jessi's appearance. I like her the way she is, but other people do not.

Just wait for CL's fixes and some good add-on products, then decide. Try this thread again in six months.

Just trying to put some makeup on her face. Textures are CL's original, not Winter Queen.

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 06 April 2005 at 8:57 PM

Attached Link: http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=17715

Look, Netherworks has already come out with a morph pack for Jessi. It's for standard-res Jessi. And people are griping that they'd prefer high-res. :-/

Francemi ( ) posted Wed, 06 April 2005 at 9:02 PM

Thanks Deecey, I didn't know that about importing texture.

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

DCArt ( ) posted Wed, 06 April 2005 at 9:04 PM

I put in a plug for low res. 8-)

DCArt ( ) posted Wed, 06 April 2005 at 9:06 PM

Oh yes, Francemi! It's especially good if you've created a custom texture (even in the face room) and you want to make sure your Face Room morph looks good with it!

Tashar59 ( ) posted Wed, 06 April 2005 at 10:26 PM

file_215551.jpg

I think CL droped the ball on Jessi. Eyes mapped wrong, missing/lack of material groups, very poor rigging, poorly done morphs, what there is of them and last but not least, not very Shade friendly. Yet I like her. Not a V3 but another choice to create with. Here is a face I created with the Morph set at RNDA. Forgive the poor render, I just can't figure out how to get a crisp render in P6.

balefuldoll ( ) posted Wed, 06 April 2005 at 11:39 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_215552.jpg

I guess I'm one of the few who never got V3, I just never liked her. Personally, I prefer the idealized look...if I want realistic I could look at a picture. :D I LOVE Jessi I think she is great for an included figure and I can see a lot of potential with her. The expressions for all the default figures are very dynamic. Here is a quicky morph I did for her.

balefuldoll ( ) posted Wed, 06 April 2005 at 11:43 PM

file_215553.jpg

Another quick face one. I did this in a matter of minutes just to show how easily she can transform.

Francemi ( ) posted Wed, 06 April 2005 at 11:46 PM

I like that face but what is that at the bottom of her eyes? Looks like there's a piece of skin missing. Did you do that after the update or before?

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

DCArt ( ) posted Wed, 06 April 2005 at 11:50 PM

I think you forgot to set the morph dials for the eyes.

Francemi ( ) posted Wed, 06 April 2005 at 11:58 PM

Where Deecey? (the morph dials)

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 12:04 AM · edited Thu, 07 April 2005 at 12:05 AM

If you spawned a morph from the face room, there should also be morph dials for the eyes. They will appear in the Morph section of the parameters window, and will be labeled something like LeftEye 1 and RightEye 1. In other words, click the Left eye and look for a morph; and then click the Right eye and look for a morph.

Message edited on: 04/07/2005 00:05

Francemi ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 12:10 AM

When you spawn a morph in the face room, does it do something to let you know it worked? I tried that the other day and I didn't see anything so I thought it didn't work.

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 12:17 AM · edited Thu, 07 April 2005 at 12:26 AM

file_215554.jpg

OK, here's my contribution to the Jessi thread. This is actually standard-res (not hi-res) Jessi, using morphs created strictly in the Face Room (no external morph packs). I would have liked to soften the nostrils a bit, but this isn't too bad. The only thing I did was add the Real Skin Shader to her default texture ... and slapped on a textured catsuit that I'm working on.

Here is how I feel about the V3/Jessi debate. I think they both have their place. I love DAZ's figures because they are extremely versatile and have style. They do glamourous and sexy really well, and lots of people like pretty people.

But take a look at Jessi here ... she looks like the type of girl that you'd meet on the street and want to hang around with. She's cute. She looks "real". I love the shape of her eyes and mouth ... they are expressive. I'm not real crazy about the nose, but hey, I can morph that. 8-) PS - I'm still struggling with the lighting but it's getting better! LOL

Message edited on: 04/07/2005 00:26

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 12:21 AM

Francemi, that's actually the best way to to it .. you spawn a morph. It doesn't look like anything happened, but when you go to the parameters window, click the head and look in the section titled Morph (down near the bottom). You'll see a morph dial named Head. Dial it to 1 to get your face room face. Then click the Left eye, and do the same to the morph named LeftEye 1; and so on for the Right Eye

balefuldoll ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 12:26 AM

Actually the morphs were made in zbrush. The weird thing at the bottom of her eyes is because I'm still trying to figure out how to import without the eyelashes attached. Hard to see what I'm doing with the eyelashes still on...lol. I did say it was a quick morph. grin I will try out the service release and see if that changes anything.

webmaster421 ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 1:16 AM

I don't have Poser 6, but from reading through this thread and looking at all the images, I'd have to say I like the both of them...I get so bored with the same thing that I like the idea of having different types of characters to play with. I hope to get the newer version of Poser eventually, but till then, I'll just have fun browsing all the renders created with the newer figures...

moonrancher ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 12:32 PM

file_215555.jpg

RDNA's Molly texture and age morphs

wolf359 ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 1:18 PM

Frightening!!! barely human :-(

My website

YouTube Channel

Farside ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 2:27 PM

"Frightening!!! barely human :-(" You're right... sadly it looks like my aunt though!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.