Sun, Sep 22, 2:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Cr2 Trouble Again AGGGGGG!!!!!!!!

Icee ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2001 at 12:37 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 2:50 AM

Still trying to make a conforming helmet. Jim, Phil im gonna get this if it kills me. Here is what I have done. Created the Obj. (Its a helmet). Next I renamed the poser dork cr2 file, opened it and edited the figresfile. (Pointed it to the correct directory. In a previous post phil, you said that it should appear in poser if I put the cr2 an obj in the correct folders. All i get is blank space and the helmet will not load. What am I doing wrong. Iam using Rhino to model the item. Any help would really be appreciated.

PhilC ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2001 at 2:02 AM

OK got your files from Yahoo. You are so close, here is what you need to do. Firstly double check the orientation of the helmet. When I bring it into Poser it is lying on the floor 6 ft in front of his feet. When I move from my modeling program (Truespace) to Poser I have to rotate X by 90 and Z by 180. Looks like you need to do similar. The next thing that needs attention is the grouping of the object file. Currently you have it as 16 groups, presumably different colour regions. You need to have it as a single group called "head". I would use UVMapper by Steve CoX for this.
Thats about it the rest looks fine. I'm watching this thread so if you get stuck just holla :)
philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

Jim Burton ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2001 at 9:46 AM

Also remember Poser is case sensitive, for the path name too, on the file you sent me the group was "Head", has to be "head". To be honest, it took me a long, long time before I figured out all of Poser's little quirks!

Icee ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2001 at 1:02 PM

Ok, I double checked to make sure I got the naming right, ie case sensitive like last time Jim. Naming is correct. The problem Iam having is that I can't get it to import into poser. When i try to add the model into poser work environment it comes up blank. The last time I tried this the problem was that I had the wrong naming Head instead of head(case sensitive). Checked it this time and it is ok and im still not getting the model to import. Does this have somthing to do with the .obj file? I checked the figres path and made sure this was correct as well. Thank you so much for your help guys. Hope I can pay you back someday.

PhilC ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2001 at 1:51 PM

I opened the helmet1.obj in both UVMapper and a text editor. Your group names are "head object_1" to "head object_16". I don't know how Rhino displays the groups and it may be that is what is causing the confusion. It should all be in one single group called "head".

When you import it into Poser try panning back. It imports into mine but in a position 6 feet in front of Dork's feet.

Hang in there bud you will make it :)

Icee ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2001 at 1:58 PM

I thought of that as well. I get no listing at the buttom of the screen showing that the object is even there. Ill pan out and see if I can see the object. Thanks for all your help and support

Icee ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2001 at 8:21 PM

file_143587.jpg

Ok Phil. I tried to apply the same consept to a full conforming fig. Still can't get the helmet to work right. It won't appear in poser at all. Ok so this is what I have done so far. 1 exported poser dork. Modeled around him a set of armor. Created names for all items. Any objects that don't have a name are ok. This will not effect poser in any way. oK next thing was copied the poser dork cr2 and edited it. Ok I did a search on .obj and 3 items listed came up. Why I changed 2 of them and boom nothing. Changed the 3rd and boom. Nothing. Damn Im getting frustrated. All I get is a blank screen in poser.

Icee ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2001 at 8:23 PM

file_143588.jpg

Ok here is the 3rd obj item that I edited in the cr2 file.

Icee ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2001 at 8:26 PM

file_143590.jpg

And this is all I get in poser

Icee ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2001 at 8:28 PM

What Am I doing wrong. AHHHHHH Im starting to pull my hair out over this

PhilC ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2001 at 9:20 PM

I suspect that the group names of your Armor.obj are incorrect. It only takes a small error, sometimes a wrongly capitalised letter, for Poser to throw a fit. Also for this exercise ignore that third OBJ reference. It does have some bearing but at this stage we can bypass it. Can you send me the armor.obj file? I know that you would not want me to do this for you, but with it I can continue to point you in the right direction

Icee ( ) posted Fri, 26 January 2001 at 12:10 AM

Ok Phil I sent you the files. Can you do me a favor and show me where the problems are with a screen shot. It might be easier for me that way. Thanks man Ill get this yet

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 26 January 2001 at 6:47 AM

file_143593.jpg

To correct the orientation of the model I open it in 3D Explorer and using the transformation option re-save giving a -90 X rotation. [![philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg](http://www.philc.net/images/logos/philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg)](http://www.philc.net)

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 26 January 2001 at 7:00 AM

file_143595.jpg

Next I imported the model into Poser with NO boxes checked in the options. The red figure is the P4 Male's OBJ file from the Geometries folder. It is this that you need to align to not (as I suspect) the male library figure in the default pose. Note also that the faces of the ForeArms need to be reversed. Since this will not effect the rendered image I suggest you leave this task for later. [![philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg](http://www.philc.net/images/logos/philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg)](http://www.philc.net)

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 26 January 2001 at 7:30 AM

file_143596.jpg

Now into UVMapper. Opened the file and accepted the initial message regarding UV data. Selected Edit/New UV Map/Planar/Z-Axis Don't Split If you now go to Edit/Select/by Group you will see that your model contains multiple groupings. In the above I have selected all the left forearms and assigned them to a single "lForeArm" group. Though not essential you could prior to this assign different material names to your groups. Possibly giving coloured rims to each piece. On completion save the model. This is not the best UV Mapping for this model, again a task for later. We are purely manipulating the file to be Poser compatible. Now into the CR2 editor Here you are almost correct. Put this new OBJ file name in the top two places as you did before. The one under hip/genitals is not required. I suggest you just delete the "alternateGeom hip_1" section completely. **Next instruction is most important and must be adhered to precisely.** Find a glass tumbler Place palm against its side. Note the position of third finger against glass Pour liquor of choice up to mark Fire up Poser and load figure If armor appears and is working drink in celebration If armor fails drink in commiseration Either way drink for tomorrow is another Poser day :) [![philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg](http://www.philc.net/images/logos/philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg)](http://www.philc.net)

Icee ( ) posted Fri, 26 January 2001 at 10:26 AM

Ahhhhhh. Now i see.(Light bulb pops up) Ok i have been going about this thing all wrong. This is what I have been doing. Export the Poser default Fig from poser(ie creating a fig. and then exporting it in poser as an obj. Ok once I have this done I now imported it into rhino(modeler of choice) and built the armor around this fig. Then I edited the cr2 as in previous instructions. Then I put the cr2 into the poser dir. and the obj armor into the geometry folder. Ok Then I fired up poser and boom. Nothing. see the screen shop above last one. The way I read your instructions above. What I need to do is rotate the armor obj -90 on the x plane in 3d explorer. This should align the armor correctly in poser. Ok What do I do next. Im kinda confused after that process. How are you getting the poser base obj file into poser are you importing it? If you are clicking on the menu bar I get nothing. Somehow something I edit in the cr2 is wrong. Also how are you getting the armor into poser? Also did i name all the parts right in the obj file ?

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 26 January 2001 at 10:47 AM

Its the group names in the object file that need to be addressed.

Daramski ( ) posted Sat, 27 January 2001 at 11:12 PM

I just wanted to say this is a fascinating thread, I really dont know anything about the cr2's to this detail but i'm really interested in learning. Thanks for the info guy's. cheers, Darren

PhilC ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2001 at 9:25 AM

file_143598.jpg

Here is a screen shot of the CR2 Editor [![philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg](http://www.philc.net/images/logos/philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg)](http://www.philc.net)

Jim Burton ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2001 at 4:25 PM

Actually, what I do (I should have mentioned this earlier, sorry!) is start with a saved set that I've gone in the Joint Editor and Zeroed.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.