Sun, Oct 6, 5:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: The Tailor

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 08 April 2005 at 8:29 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 3:01 AM

I was told I could use "The Tailor" to help me fit clothes to my figures. But I'm stuck. It says to import the figure with the morphs, which would be the base figure I'm using, V3. Only I never use Vicky as she is, I always use a character addon because I think Vicky "out of the box", is rather homely. How do you import the actual figure you are using? V3 with the character addon injected into it? I'm trying to fit an outfit to V3 that has a character addon, and can't. There just aren't enough dials, or the right kind of dials to expand the bodice to fit the breasts. It's sitting too low and shows the nipples, but I can't expand the material upward to cover that. How do you use Tailor for something like this? Also, I was told that Tailor could help me fit clothes to a sitting character? How do you do that? Is there a tutorial out there that helps walk a newbie through the procedure?

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

plmcelligott ( ) posted Fri, 08 April 2005 at 8:34 PM

After adding your morphs in Poser, save your Vicky character to the Figures library. That will create a CR2 file with the necessary morphs dials. You can then load this file, rather than the basic Vicky, into Tailor. Don't know about the sitting thing.

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 08 April 2005 at 8:57 PM

Ok, I opened Poser, injected Vicky with the character addon morphs, then saved her to the library in the "Poses" folder, and I can see her, but can't use the figure. The only symbol at the bottom of the library is the minus ( - ) one, and I don't know how to get that newly injected figure into the pose window. Double clicking doensn't work either.

xantor ( ) posted Fri, 08 April 2005 at 9:25 PM

Save the figure into of of the character libraries, you need the cr2 for the tailor to use.

onimusha ( ) posted Fri, 08 April 2005 at 9:28 PM
Online Now!

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com/support/tutorial/index.php?id=967

Get a refund and use magnets... here's a great tutorial... I returned the tailor, used the info from this tutorial to learn magnets really well, and never regretted it...

nruddock ( ) posted Fri, 08 April 2005 at 9:31 PM

You should have saved to the "Figures" library, this will create a CR2 (with the morphs), which is what the Tailor needs.

However when you do this, Pose will unhide all the unused morph dials, and this can be fixed by using the DialCleaner from DAZ.

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 08 April 2005 at 9:38 PM · edited Fri, 08 April 2005 at 9:50 PM

Ok,that helped, thanks :)

Actually, Tailor does read .crz files. I was able to open the compressed figure without a problem.... sweet :)

I tried that tutorial for magnets yesterday and got all mixed up with it. Besides, it won't help me fit clothes to a sitting figure. All my figures are standing because I can't fit their clothes to their bodies and I don't think Magnets will help me with that.

Message edited on: 04/08/2005 21:43

Message edited on: 04/08/2005 21:50

onimusha ( ) posted Fri, 08 April 2005 at 10:43 PM
Online Now!

Actually magnets can do anything. I use them all the time on a variety of poses...

Tucan-Tiki ( ) posted Sat, 09 April 2005 at 1:32 AM

I used tailor and clothes convertor, Clothes convertor is much better 2.2 version allows you to do the same thing and do a bath conversion of all the other clothes in your characters clothing directory, The batch conversion converts all the cloths for you to fit your morphed characters. With tailer you have work at it. With clothes convertor you can even import a bone structure to a new garmnet from a similar garment. You can also do editing directly to the garment to morph it to fit characters or alter its shape.

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 09 April 2005 at 6:49 AM · edited Sat, 09 April 2005 at 6:55 AM

The Tailor is very quick and easy. I use it a lot. I have Clothes Converter and have been known to use magnets when I have to, but they are much more difficult than the Tailor.

The Tailor doesn't work all the time, but it works well enough that it's worth having, IMO.

Message edited on: 04/09/2005 06:55

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 09 April 2005 at 9:23 AM

Where do you get Clothes Converter? I have trouble with all of Vicky's clothes in anything but a standing position,and even then sometimes if a leg is sticking out as in a dance pose. I am not a patient person, and will get deeply frustrated having to go in and alter one piece of clothing at a time. Ugh! Batch converter sounds much better.

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 09 April 2005 at 9:27 AM

Clothes Converter is sold at DAZ.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.