Thu, Sep 19, 9:52 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: Texturing dystopia-city blocks

Eisbaerchen ( ) posted Fri, 08 April 2005 at 4:21 AM · edited Fri, 06 September 2024 at 7:45 PM

Hi, I recently downloaded the fantastic dystopia-cityblocks by moebius from the axeman-3d site.....but when I import them into vue, it doesnt apply the textures correctly so that the blocks look really ughly....whats the trick behind getting them look like on the pictures ? tia

LordWexford ( ) posted Fri, 08 April 2005 at 12:23 PM

Did you download the Dystexts file as well? That contains all of the textures for the buildings.

Eisbaerchen ( ) posted Fri, 08 April 2005 at 12:28 PM

yes I did, but somehow there still seems to be missing something....I get a strange white texture with strong bump at some parts of the buildings

DMM ( ) posted Fri, 08 April 2005 at 2:40 PM

You perhaps got the Lightwave objects? That's what I've got & I get the same ugly textures. If you lose the bump maps (just rename them) they look a lot better. Not great, but acceptable for middle to far distance.

Eisbaerchen ( ) posted Fri, 08 April 2005 at 4:24 PM

yes, those are lightwave objects....I kinda thought I made a mistake at importing them ;)

arcady ( ) posted Fri, 08 April 2005 at 4:49 PM

file_216141.jpg

Yeah I've used these in a recent image of mine: [ The Team](http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=905960&Start=1&Artist=arcady&ByArtist=Yes) And they came out functional, but not as nice as I would have hoped. I'd recommend retexturing them once you import them unless you have them at a distance.

Truth has no value without backing by unfounded belief.
Renderosity Gallery

lingrif ( ) posted Fri, 08 April 2005 at 8:31 PM

Are they available in another format? And, what is his site? I've lost the url

www.lingriffin.com

DMM ( ) posted Fri, 08 April 2005 at 8:50 PM

They're available right here in the market place. They are also available in Poser format, which I believe will render nicer in Vue.

urig ( ) posted Fri, 08 April 2005 at 10:47 PM

file_216143.jpg

Ive checked cityblock 001. The problem is at first:

Texture size! If you didnt rescale the block, you have to downsize the texture scale. Ive tried it with 0.2 and it looks ok. But not the glass textures. Looks like theyre ok with the default setting.

Second problem is much more work intensiv. VUE didnt convert all textures as they should be... (perhaps). Some textures are inverted (no reflections!). You have to re-check all 23 textures and all their settings...! I.e. Highlights are all in black... you can (and have) to play with diffus and luminous settings... After 3 hours of "click-here-and-click-there" I got some good results... Its worth the work... and finally not axemans fault. Its also a problem with some 3ds and other lw models Ive tried. I have everytime re-check the highlight, reflections and effect channels... and with Poser textures it seams an similar problem... I will check this.

Its not perfect now but ok.

arcady ( ) posted Fri, 08 April 2005 at 11:08 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/freestuff.ez?Form.Contrib=FishNose&Topsectionid=0

Marketplace? I got them out of Freestuff, see attached link.

Truth has no value without backing by unfounded belief.
Renderosity Gallery

urig ( ) posted Sat, 09 April 2005 at 12:14 AM

file_216145.jpg

...and a closer look... not sooo good. You can see there is much more work on textures to do...

And now Im going and try the link from arcady...

DMM ( ) posted Sat, 09 April 2005 at 11:15 AM

Yep I believe the first 20 are free, but the other 40 or 50 are payware.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.