Fri, Sep 20, 10:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 7:29 pm)

Subject: 'Knocking back' IBL

tbird10 ( ) posted Mon, 11 April 2005 at 2:50 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 10:21 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_219184.jpg

I'm beginning to have some success at taking the edge of the default IBL settings. This is a single diffuse IBL with AO, a specular only highlighter and two negative intensity spots to cast some 'darkness' AO settings Max Dist = 0.49 Bias = 0.05 Samples = 20 The spots are at -50% intensity

tbird10 ( ) posted Mon, 11 April 2005 at 2:51 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_219186.jpg

And a close up

linkdink ( ) posted Mon, 11 April 2005 at 4:27 PM

Hey Tbird - I think that looks like one hell of lighting job! Really nice. Personally, I'd say it looks better than most of the Hypereal I've seen.

Gallery

thixen ( ) posted Mon, 11 April 2005 at 4:34 PM

except for the fact that the skin seems to be 'too perfect' I'd call this a hyper UnReal render. Wow. I'm assuming that this is hi-res jessie with the hires map, or is it an expansion (non-p6 included) texture?

maclean ( ) posted Mon, 11 April 2005 at 7:23 PM

Excellent. Have you seen the post at the RDNA P6 forum about an IBL template? (It's currently on the 1st page of posts). It lays out the structure of an IBL setup and shows which areas affect the render. It might be useful to you for more experiments. mac

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Mon, 11 April 2005 at 8:24 PM

Looks very nice. You did a good job on the shoulder morphs for Jessi. At least it looks like you 'smoothed' them down.

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

Nance ( ) posted Mon, 11 April 2005 at 11:55 PM

Negative intensity spots!!?? First I've heard of that. The mind boggels with the potential.

tbird10 ( ) posted Tue, 12 April 2005 at 10:15 AM

Yes this is the hi-res Jessi using the hi-res map as the basis of a simple skin shader using my own specularity map and blended fastscatter (on the alternate diffuse node) I'm slowly beginning to get to grips with the lighting set up, though getting correct AO settings for every situation is a bit of a mystery still. Yes I have seen the IBL template post and shall shortly be using it to create some of my own lightprobes (this used one of the included defaults) Once people start to get the hang of this, the output should be stunning :-)

maclean ( ) posted Tue, 12 April 2005 at 2:53 PM

'Negative intensity spots!!?? First I've heard of that. The mind boggels with the potential' nance, It's something that daz studio has had for a while, and it's incredibly useful. Instead of messing around trying to block light and create shadows, just set up a light to neg intensity and use it instead. mac

Nance ( ) posted Tue, 12 April 2005 at 5:54 PM

Thanks Mac, Read most of the lighting related posts, here, but that tidbit in DAZ Studio had gone right past me. Although, short of a black hole, complete nonsense IRL, now that it is described, makes perfect, forehead-slapping, sense in a 3D graphics universe. DOOH! (Gotta start hanging around in a different class of skanky waterfront graphics bars I suppose.)

maclean ( ) posted Tue, 12 April 2005 at 6:19 PM

Well, as a matter of fact, it was in DS, then taken out, then added back in again. The topic came up in a thread at DAZ yesterday. That's when I found out it was back in again. It's sort of undocumented at the moment. As questor pointed out, people don't trumpet features that suck up all the nice lighting they provide. LOL. But it works.... and then some! I love it. mac

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.