Fri, Sep 20, 10:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: We proudly present...

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Tue, 05 April 2005 at 12:04 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 10:43 AM

The Fractal Vintage Showcase

Hi everybody!
We've been wanting to do this for a long time, so I'm excited we could finally make it! :)

The Fractal Vintage Showcase will be showing highlights from the fractal gallery archives, tackling one month at a time (for now at least, this could change in the future).

It is amazing how many incredible works get lost in the fractal avalanche, and how much one can learn by looking at past beauties.

This first issue showcases works from November, 2001, when the Fractal gallery opened here at Renderosity.

It would be great if you commented on the images as well (if you feel like it, of course). It is always nice to get a comment on an image you didn't post today :)

Well, enough words for now. Enjoy!
Barbara

My crafts - My Freebies - My Store - Delightful Arts

stotty ( ) posted Tue, 05 April 2005 at 1:09 AM

Ahhh great idea, there is indeed so many missed beauties over the years, Also good to see again some I do remember.Thanks for taking the time to do this :)

abmlober ( ) posted Tue, 05 April 2005 at 2:33 AM

Besides the fact that one of my oldies was chosen I enjoy seeing some of my older favourites again. This "vintage showcase" is a wonderful idea!

:rolleyes::sad:
Joy of Frax

aeires ( ) posted Tue, 05 April 2005 at 4:00 AM

Too cool. Wow, I thought picking a weekly was rough. How you guys do this, I don't know, but I love them.

SimonKane ( ) posted Tue, 05 April 2005 at 11:12 AM

This is a great idea. You guys are doing a great job!

Encrypted ( ) posted Wed, 06 April 2005 at 1:04 PM

Excellent!

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Wed, 06 April 2005 at 2:07 PM

Thank you! I'm SO glad you guys like it! It will be interesting to find trends in certain periods, playings with new formulas and things like that. It's worth the effort because it is so fun! :))) Barbara

kansas ( ) posted Wed, 06 April 2005 at 4:42 PM

What a thrill to see some of the oldies! Fractal styles seem to have changed a bit. Thanks for making this available. Marion

sharron ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 1:40 AM

Wow! My stuff's there -- how cool is that! I have set fractal-making aside and turned to photography (got a new camera) but perhaps I will consider returning. Thanks for showcasing some of my old images.

Cheers,
Sharron

abmlober ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 2:59 AM

Sharron, you definitely should return! I would like to see your works in the weekly window...

:rolleyes::sad:
Joy of Frax

thomas_e ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 11:49 AM

Great idea and thanks for being selected! Thomas.

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 11:52 AM

Yes, Sharron, please DO return! You have no idea how much I would like to see new works from you! :))) Barbara

sharron ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 3:22 PM

These are very nice comments Andreas and Barbara -- I'll consider what you have said but I just felt that my recent fractals were lacking some spirit and didn't know how to get back that which I once had. But thanks again for the vote of confidence. Cheers, Sharron

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 10:47 PM

Well, you're not alone! Sometimes I feel the muses abandoned me and went on a permanent vacation, lol. But you can never give up fractals completely, having infinite possibilies of exploration, can you? :) For me it feels like having a ticket around the universe! Come on, come back! :))) Barbara

Omotou ( ) posted Fri, 08 April 2005 at 4:47 AM

I'd like to add my Thank you as well. This idea brought back some very nice memories! And it also reminds of people who got lost in one way or another.

Thank you also for choosing some of my oldies. I didn't realize the Fractal Gallery exists more than three years already. Well, it's not an easy task to go through the archives. The number of submissions increased to almost "countless". Let's see what you're digging :-)

Cornelia

aartika ( ) posted Fri, 08 April 2005 at 3:13 PM

I've just come back from a few days away in Holland to find this - what a nice surprise :-)) Thanks, Barabara for doing this and for choosing a few of my "oldies" for the first showcase Tina

aartika! fractal art by Tina Oloyede :  http://www.aartika.co.uk

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Sat, 09 April 2005 at 12:05 AM

I'm glad you like it, Tina! And I hope you had a groovy trip! :) Barbara

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Mon, 11 April 2005 at 7:58 PM

Thank everybody for the warm reactions! I'm more than happy! Oh, and Cornelia, you're right, it's no easy task to go through the archives, but it is so much fun! :) The number of images submitted the first months was relatively small, but yes, it increases exponentially as you approach the present. Let's see if I can handle it! LOL But there are so many beauties, they deserve a second look, or a fresh new look from newcomers. Barb

tresamie ( ) posted Tue, 12 April 2005 at 1:50 PM

Have you considered choosing months at random, rather than taking them in turn from the beginning?

Fractals will always amaze me!

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Tue, 12 April 2005 at 2:43 PM

Yes, I have. Unfortunately, that will take much more time because I would have to implement a method for picking the month AND I would need to have a cheklist with all the months already chosen, etc. If done that way, the time it would take will prevent me from doing more stuff for the fractal forum. The bright side from picking months sequentially is that we will be able to see the evolution of the fractal gallery and spot trends and things like that. That's something I find valuable in addition to showcasing beauties from the past. :) Barb

kansas ( ) posted Thu, 14 April 2005 at 9:54 AM

Glad you have chosen to do this sequentially. I like seeing the gradual changes over time. Marion

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.