Thu, Oct 10, 6:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 12:13 pm)

Subject: P6 Memory Problems?

khelben ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2005 at 10:17 AM · edited Thu, 10 October 2024 at 4:25 PM

Firstly, here is my computer spec: Intel P4, 2.8 Ghz 2 GB RAM > 15 GB HD space Windows 2000 Pro fully updated. In Poser 5 I had a hard limit on the memory I could use before P5 would die. It was just over 1 GB for physical memory and over 1 GB for Virtual Memory. In Poser 6 I hit those same numbers and P6 told me it ran out of memory and stopped. Ok, I'm fine with that. I reduce the scene to have one M3, one M2, and one Aiko 3. I reduce the scene to have no texture filtering and a max of 850 texture size ( :( ). The memory consumption is usually 800-850 physical and about 1 GB VM. I can only render 1 to 3 pics and then P6 dies during the Loading Textures... stage. No error. I reduced the number of renders kept to 1. I can't understand why this is happening, but I'm pretty sure it was OK when doing pure simple drafts with 1 character. Any tips? Anyone else having this problem? Help is much appreciated, Khelben

Kristta ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2005 at 11:43 AM

P6 has a well hashed over and more than well dicussed and b*tched about Memory Bug. CL is aware of it and is working on it. The current solution is to reduce texture sizes and reduce the bucket size (manual settings for rendering). It also does not matter how much memory one has. I've got 512MB and I've only ever encountered it once. Others with 2GB have encountered it numerous times. Some, have never seen it at all.

thefixer ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2005 at 12:11 PM

You're not alone on this one, the forums full of us having the same sort of issues. thefixer poser coordinator

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

EricofSD ( ) posted Fri, 22 April 2005 at 2:37 AM

I find that P5 is faster and less lock ups. It is memory. Hope the patch comes out soon because I would like to ditch P5, but for now, it is more stable.

Francemi ( ) posted Fri, 22 April 2005 at 3:07 AM

I noticed that everywhere I see discussions about that bug in P6, it seems those who have the least RAM never encounter that problem or very seldom. Could it be that the more RAM you have the more RAM Poser uses to start with and then there is not enough left to finish the job? (or something like that - I am having problems finding the correct words) France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

thefixer ( ) posted Fri, 22 April 2005 at 7:22 AM

Not true Francemi, I only have 1Gig of RAM and I get this issue too. I also get another one where it can't find the P5 textures and I have to do it myself. E-mailed CL about that and they say "yea we know about that, our engineers are working on that too" thefixer poser coordinator

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Francemi ( ) posted Fri, 22 April 2005 at 8:39 AM · edited Fri, 22 April 2005 at 8:41 AM

Yes, well I don't think 1Gig is a "little". I have only 512MB. Mind you, I'm not saying the bug does not exist! I know very well it is there but it seems to me that the bug shows up more often for those who have Gig(s) of RAM.

France

Message edited on: 04/22/2005 08:41

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

LonRanger ( ) posted Sat, 23 April 2005 at 1:14 AM · edited Sat, 23 April 2005 at 1:15 AM

hmmm. My problem is that I am using the P4 renderer in P6 and getting the memory error. Unfortunately, the P4 renderer has no settings for bucket size, etc. Any suggestions?

I have to use the P4 renderer in P6 because I am working on the last scene of a long animation and it needs to look the same as the other ones (which I created in P4-PP). And I can't render this last scene in P4-PP because it includes five V3's and I would lose all my morphs (cross-talk).

System, project info: 2 GB RAM, dual 3 GHz Xeons, nvidia quadro fx 500 card, XP Pro, 400 frame animation.

Message edited on: 04/23/2005 01:15

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.