Thu, Sep 19, 4:11 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Old & New - WIP Opinions Please

zhounder ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2005 at 10:08 PM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 10:21 AM

file_225464.jpg

I took this at lunch today and was playing around. Just wanted your opinions. Magick Michael

tvernuccio ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2005 at 11:28 PM

mmmmm, i really like this a lot! selective coloring with those soft pastels makes this soooo gorgeous!

DJB ( ) posted Fri, 22 April 2005 at 12:20 AM

Personally I would lose the colour on buildings,and just keep the trees done. Maybe even with a little less saturation

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

cynlee ( ) posted Fri, 22 April 2005 at 1:18 AM

reminds me of the movie, "A Tree Grows In Brooklyn" :] think it gives it a whimsical & magical touch... & agree... the selective color on the tree alone makes it the focal point (cool skyscrapers btw)

Michelle A. ( ) posted Fri, 22 April 2005 at 6:49 AM

I agree with Doug and Cindy...... just the tree, and less saturation on the color of it. I'm of the opinion that selective coloring has a tendency to be somewhat cliche and over-done, but when it's done right it's effect can be really beautiful. So for me, subtlety is key.... a light touch with maybe only one object (the main point of focus) should be colored and then it shouldn't jump out in your face.... And I do make the distinction between selective coloring and a hand-colored/tinted BW image where color is brought back into the entire piece, for me there's a difference. In anycase that's a fine shot!

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Fri, 22 April 2005 at 5:08 PM

I agree with Doug and Cyn too!! Yep!

ebsmooth ( ) posted Fri, 22 April 2005 at 7:07 PM

nicely done Michael!!! seriously, we need to meet up so you can show me some of these spots!!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.