Tue, Sep 24, 11:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 11:15 am)

Subject: Poser 6 Content Update download

Spencer ( ) posted Sat, 23 April 2005 at 4:18 PM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 11:39 AM

Hi, I just downloaded the content update and I had problems with the install. The .exe installer firstly reports that Poser 6 is not installed on the system and invites you to browse for it. You do so and identify the programme location, a progress bar is then displayed for about two seconds and then nothing - The CuriousLabs installer does not appear to know anything about the Windows file system and no matter where you point it it does not install anything anywhere.
It appears to bomb out after doing some checking.
I know that other people have experienced exactly the same problem.
Has anyone been able to install this update succesfully?

akura_ ( ) posted Sat, 23 April 2005 at 4:29 PM

Not from the download but off of content paradise.

Spencer ( ) posted Sat, 23 April 2005 at 4:43 PM

I downloaded the update from Content Paradise (transferred there from Curious Labs website) Were you able to install with no problems?

akura_ ( ) posted Sat, 23 April 2005 at 4:46 PM

Yes. I used Mozila. It works real nice with Content Paradise.

Indoda ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2005 at 1:49 AM

Hi Spencer, I had the same experience. If you browse for P6 and click OK then the installer does actually update a few files even though it appears to die instead of the usual graceful exit etc. Check the file list against the P6 directory to see if the updated files are there. Hope that helps, Indoda

The important thing is not to stop questioning.
- Albert Einstein

Indoda

Spencer ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2005 at 3:47 AM

I did a search for James new Winter Coat and other new files but they are nowhere to be found. Nothing has been installed not even a readme. Have either of you actually found James new Winter Coat?

Indoda ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2005 at 4:31 AM

Hi Spencer, There's definitely something strange going on with that installer. I just checked again and I don't have a winter coat (maybe it's because it's spring in the Northern Hemisphere LOL) Other files are missing too I have one (fbra2.obz) that's a zero byte file. Sorry I'm not much help either - I downloaded the file 3 times and no change. WinXP Home, P5, P6 upgrade download version Anyone else care to check for the files that are supposed to be in the installer, TIA

- Albert Einstein

Indoda

gothicenchantedangel ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2005 at 3:12 PM

Yeah I had the same problem. I downloaded the update no problem, but when I went to run it, it couldn't find Poser 6 either. It ran for 2 seconds then nothing. I even tried to install it into a temporary runtime, but nothing was installed (runtime shows 0 bytes). The missing files in Poser 6 are still missing....

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2005 at 3:12 PM

"Have either of you actually found James new Winter Coat?" The Winter Coat was in the props/James' Clothing folder for me. Don't know if that helps you or not. :-(

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

akura_ ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2005 at 3:14 PM

I have it and I got every thing installed.

Spencer ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2005 at 3:42 PM

I've asked the same question on 3 furums and half the people had exactly the same problem and half had no problem, and I can't see why the difference :o(

Spencer ( ) posted Mon, 25 April 2005 at 12:21 PM

Following a suggestion on the Daz forum I re-installed Poser 6. When I next tried to apply the Content Update everything worked fine :o) So if you're still having problems try that.

Indoda ( ) posted Mon, 25 April 2005 at 1:41 PM

Hi Spencer, That did the trick - but I hope that's not going to be the way for every update ;( something got missed out of the registry or something. Horrible way to check for an installation. That VISE installer is not up to much either I noticed (installed from my CD this time not HD) that it stuck on one particular .png file for 90% of the install time was not updating the screen. Thank you. Happy Posing. I still have a zero byte file - fbra2.obz?

- Albert Einstein

Indoda

Spencer ( ) posted Mon, 25 April 2005 at 1:51 PM

Yep :o) it stuck for most of the install on 'jessi_transparencey.png' Cheers

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.