Sun, Sep 22, 12:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: ~*April Poser Challenge!*~

Paulric ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2005 at 2:35 PM

Just now found the challenge! Gonna have to get started in a hurry. Thanks for all the tips on 3D lettering (didn't know Anim8or could do that!). BTW, I almost NEVER do post work, and am proud of it, so this will be a real treat for me!

MissCaly ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2005 at 9:22 AM

I was very excited when I saw this challenge and decided to make this my very first contest ever entered. After working for days to get just the image I was looking for, I posted it and then much to my dismay my picture was removed and I received a notice that said I had created it incorrectly based on the size requirements. I went back and checked the other entries and found that most of them were created the same way mine was, 600x800, which is the way most books happen to be sized. I was told that all entries would have to be fixed and after a week of checking I've noticed that none of them have been changed. Now I'm not so sure how I feel about this but just wanted to post here and get some input. Am I over-reacting? Do I feel short-changed? Yeah I guess I do. Anyway I would appreciate any comments in this regard before I decide if I'm going to bother fixing my image and re-submitting it. Thanks in advance.

DarthJ ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2005 at 2:58 PM

Misscaly, you did not mention the 150k size limit. Maybe that is the problem : your book is too heavy... jl

MissCaly ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2005 at 6:42 PM

No the size limit on mine was within the guidelines and when I asked about the others I was told that everyone who was not 800x600 would have to change them, yet no one else's has been changed. Mine was actually removed altogether and not one other has been. Frustrating and very disappointing to say the least.

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2005 at 6:43 PM

That's silly. 600x800 is much more reasonable for a book cover.

lindafields ( ) posted Thu, 28 April 2005 at 8:47 PM

I read thru everyone's posts and if I am to understand correctly then: NO POSTWORK ALLOWED except for text unless you decide to challenge yourself and do that in Poser as well but I am still left wondering, can backdrops be brought in for a render or does that not count since it would have been created in another program? For example: a sky made in Bryce brought in as a backdrop for a poser girl standing in a field of flowers and then it's all rendered. Would that be against the rules?

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 28 April 2005 at 8:57 PM

That's allowed. After all, it's not postwork. Pre-work, maybe, but not postwork. ;-)

naumatt ( ) posted Fri, 29 April 2005 at 10:31 AM

Awesome. That's what I thought, but when I asked before the answer left me wondering if that was the case, or if I was just so out of the 3D loop that I was missing something obvious. :) Thanks for the clarity!

odeathoflife ( ) posted Tue, 03 May 2005 at 12:32 AM

file_216555.jpg

Well I just posted my 1st poser challenge entry, and I used post work. Rendered my image in poser saved as a png and brought into fireworks for a bg image and text. If this disqualifys me then so be it ;)

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.