Sat, Sep 21, 5:50 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: Help with armor

Icee ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2001 at 8:21 PM ยท edited Sat, 17 August 2024 at 4:23 AM

file_145163.JPG

My problem is this. When I conform the armor to the poser dork it turns a little. about 35 degrees. Other then that everything seems fine. Is this caused because it is conformed to the chest and the chest only. Should I split it and have it conform to the chest and the waist? Please let me know Phil. Thanks

Icee ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2001 at 8:24 PM

file_145165.JPG

I checked the object file and made sure it was aligned correctly to the poser dork. Also I checked to make sure that it would import correct through poser. IT does. Only when I parent it to the fig does it bend. This is what i see before I conform the armor

PhilC ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2001 at 9:17 PM

Its probably the end point of the chest that needs adjusting. Open the Joint Parameters window, select the armor's chest and select "center". The display will now show a pair of cross hairs. The green ones should be correct because you have used an existing CR2 but you may need to alter the red end point. Try setting X to zero and in a side view drag the end point up to about his ear.
If you would like to send me the files as they now stand I will by all means be happy to look at them. (Please use philc_designs@yahoo.com)
philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

afish ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2001 at 9:35 PM

Hi, I had this same problem this morning. I fiddled with the joint parameters center point settings for the body parts. I almost had it aligning when I conformed it to the poser female....my body parts flew way of in different directions initially. I'm not too sure on this one but I think that it would also have helped if I had positioned the armor against a zeroed figure prior to exporting to .obj file....I guess this would be helpful to you assuming that you prepared your object in the same way that I did....I imported the object, scaled it down to fit the P4 female, lined it up with her (in her default pose, which is not zeroed or aligned I think), cut up the mesh using grouping tool and spawn props, exported the obj, created the phi file, created cr2 from phi file, and voila....non-conforming figure:=( I also read somewhere about using phantom body parts to anchor clothing. For example, if your armor only consists of chest and abdomen area, add collars, neck, and hip parts into the cr2 file (and possibly the obj file with no vertex info???) even though they don't actually exist in the obj file...or export the p4 dork's neck, collars, and hip with the object and make them invisible in the cr2. ...sorry for the long winded post. amber

afish ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2001 at 9:40 PM

PhilC, When you say that when he/she (sorry) used an existing cr2, are you referring to the cr2 editing (copy/paste)from an existing similar conforming figure? Would creating a cr2 phi file still be necessary or can I just take an existing cr2, point it to my obj file and edit in the materials and body parts etc. Thanks, amber

PhilC ( ) posted Wed, 31 January 2001 at 5:50 AM

Yes it is possible to edit an existing CR2 file by altering the OBJ path info to point to your custom model. Also the zero position you refer to must match the model's OBJ file. Try importing that in from the geometries folder for comparison.

PhilC ( ) posted Wed, 31 January 2001 at 6:43 AM

OK Icee I've gone through what you sent me via email. Its going to be best to do this in one hit rather than each armor section individually. Can you compile a single OBJ file containing all the armor pieces, use the CR2 file that you have and throw it into Poser. Its going to be better to go through the joint parameters as a whole since one piece will affect another.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.