Fri, Sep 20, 10:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 7:29 pm)

Subject: The difference texture can make to a P6 image

tbird10 ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2005 at 4:41 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 10:26 PM

file_231947.jpg

These two images have exactly the same lighting set up and use the same render settings. The only differences is the textures used and the material set up. This first is the standard James Hi-res material with a single IBL AO light with a single specular only light matched to the IBL lightmap image

tbird10 ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2005 at 4:42 AM

file_231949.jpg

The second uses exactly the same lighting, but with a fairly basic skin shader set up and a slightly modified base texture.

tbird10 ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2005 at 4:46 AM

So the lighting which is too flat for the first image is now slightly too blown out for the second, but actually hasn't changed. It's going to take a while matching lighting set ups to texture set ups but I believe the possiblities are now as good as any 3d package (though not quite as simple to use as some) :-)

templargfx ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2005 at 6:33 AM

file_231950.jpg

this is my image from my gallery using a single IBL AO light and 1 infinite light. not-too-complex shader setup, I think it worked out very well!

TemplarGFX
3D Hobbyist since 1996
I use poser native units

167 Car Materials for Poser

Nalif ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2005 at 7:39 AM

That's a very nice render, Templar. What's the node setup look like?

PhilC ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2005 at 9:39 AM

Nalif, she is drop dead gorgeous and you are asking about nodes!!!! You really should get out more. :))

Incidentally what is the node set up? ;)

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

templargfx ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2005 at 2:56 PM

file_231951.jpg

here is the node setup for nova above!

TemplarGFX
3D Hobbyist since 1996
I use poser native units

167 Car Materials for Poser

Nalif ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2005 at 8:16 PM

Hmm...I've always been picky about using the extra diffuse and specular nodes in any other socket besides the alternate_diffuse and alternate_specular sockets. I was under the impression that plugged into any other node, they would render improperly. On another note, I was always under the impression that the nodes found under the "diffuse" and "specular" cascading menus could be plugged directly into their respective sockets. However, I've been finding that they don't look right, and if I first plug in a "diffuse" node into the socket, and then plug in said node setup, it seems to render correctly.....What's the proper use of on nodes such as "skin" and "fastscatter" and the like?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.