Thu, Sep 19, 7:55 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 6:38 pm)

Subject: Fingers dislocated? Feet askew? look here...

Spanki ( ) posted Sun, 01 May 2005 at 7:02 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 7:52 PM

Attached Link: "ZeroTrans"" target="_blank">"ZeroTrans"

file_231807.jpg

While messing around with some of my favorite poses (purchased from the RMP, btw), I noticed that the finger joints were dislocated where they met the hands. I've seen this a lot in the past, but I had never really looked into fixing it. Anyway, after poking around a bit, I _think_ the problem stems from using Inverse Kenematics when you are moving things around, Poser locks the fingers (or feet) in place and you can end up with some 'translation' values on some joints (these joints don't normally have a dial that lets you see/fix it either). The attached file is a simple pose file that resets all of the 'translation' values to zero (it does not reset hip translations and does not adjust any rotation values, so it should be saafe to use on any figure with standard-named body parts: Index1, Ring1, Pinky1, etc.). Just unzip and place the pose file where you can find it. Cheers.

Cinema4D Plugins (Home of Riptide, Riptide Pro, Undertow, Morph Mill, KyamaSlide and I/Ogre plugins) Poser products Freelance Modelling, Poser Rigging, UV-mapping work for hire.

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 01 May 2005 at 8:46 PM

Thank you.

BillyGoat ( ) posted Sun, 01 May 2005 at 9:42 PM

You are so right! Even with a hand pose the fingers are disjointed. I spend a lot of time straightening them out. Thank you!

linkdink ( ) posted Sun, 01 May 2005 at 9:56 PM

Many thanks Spanki!

Gallery

chrislenn ( ) posted Sun, 01 May 2005 at 10:17 PM

I find that alot on v2 poses that have been adapted to v3 especially thank you for this :o) woo hoo no more busted fingers Chris :o)

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Pee on it and walk away

elizabyte ( ) posted Sun, 01 May 2005 at 10:21 PM

While messing around with some of my favorite poses (purchased from the RMP, btw), I noticed that the finger joints were dislocated where they met the hands. Hooray for quality, eh? Thanks for the "fix" pose! bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

Vampir3Princess ( ) posted Sun, 01 May 2005 at 11:43 PM

Thank You Spanki!! This is great :-) Cheers! Ale

karanta ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2005 at 12:00 AM

Thanks Spanki :) Kerstin

My Renderosity Store

deljs ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2005 at 12:33 AM

Thanks! Also, thanks for Riptide - it's a real timesaver!

Freja ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2005 at 1:36 AM

Ive only noticed this with poser 6, never seen it in poser 5. Is it just that Ive havnt used any of "these" poses in P5 or is it a poser 6 thing? Anyway BIG thanx for the fix :-)

Spanki ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2005 at 1:59 AM

It happens in at least P5 and P6... I think P4 as well. It's an old issue, I just got around to looking into it (I'm sure others may have as well). Just to clarify, the problem is stored in any pose files created when your figure has this affliction, so just pose your model as usual and if you notice that the finger joints are messed up, just apply my pose file before you save your pose to the library (my pose file won't alter your pose, aside from the slight shift in fingers). Oh, and you're all welcome ;).

Cinema4D Plugins (Home of Riptide, Riptide Pro, Undertow, Morph Mill, KyamaSlide and I/Ogre plugins) Poser products Freelance Modelling, Poser Rigging, UV-mapping work for hire.

LadyElf ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2005 at 2:17 AM

Thanks Spanki! It does happen in P4 and ProPak...I've always used the "restore element" after selecting the afflicted section of the finger ;)

OpenMindDesign ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2005 at 8:04 AM

Thanky Spanki! :)

Artist Page ~ Store ~ OpenMindDesign (website) ~ OpenMindGallery  (website)

There are more stars in the universe than grains of sand on every beach in the world!

lululee ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2005 at 9:36 AM

Thanks Spanki. cheerio lululee

nakamuram ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2005 at 1:50 PM

Thank-you Spanki!!

Jim Burton ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2005 at 3:41 PM · edited Mon, 02 May 2005 at 3:43 PM

V3, or maybe it was V1?

If so this has been around before, a long time ago. If memory serves the problem started when the very earliest version of Victoria had an offset in her fingers mesh, DAZ "fixed" it by cranking in translasion in the CR2, however they also later fixed the mesh, so it doesn't need the offsets.

The problem comes from the fact that a hand pose (or full pose) saved fron that original CR2 acts like virus, as it includes the offsets (if you look you will see one goes forward, one backward, incidently). Any pose saved off the now "infected" figure will also include the virus, er "translations".

I made a pose myself to take them out, many years ago - a better way is to take them out and then lock the translations, somebody had a pose to do that around also, it wasn't mine (I don't think). You don't actully need those translations in normal use anyway. I "think" I locked SMV's finger translations, I don't recall if I did that for Glamorous and Ingenue Vickie, I should of, though.

Memory fades... ;-)

Message edited on: 05/02/2005 15:43

Jim Burton ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2005 at 3:47 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=208839

O.K., I got it a little wrong, but the basic facts are right. The link as more info.

richardson ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2005 at 3:48 PM

And I was just getting into edit>restore element 300 times a day...finally! THANKyou very much. Freestuff for those who miss this?

Spanki ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2005 at 4:19 PM

I put a link to it on my homepage, but I might submit it to freestuff as well.

macdubhgal ( ) posted Tue, 03 May 2005 at 11:06 AM

Thanks for the much needed fix Spanki! Hey, out of curiosity, are you the same Spanki of The Sims' "Spanki's Body Shop" fame? If so, thank you many times over for all the different tinkerings and improvements you do! I've been bumping into your work for what seems like years!!

Spanki ( ) posted Tue, 03 May 2005 at 2:46 PM

"are you the same Spanki of The Sims' "Spanki's Body Shop" fame?" ...not sure 'fame' is appropriate, but yep - that's me ;). Small world, eh?

macdubhgal ( ) posted Tue, 03 May 2005 at 3:43 PM

That it is!!! Thank you sir, for being instrumental in getting me into all this in the first place! lol! It was some of your explanations and instruction that helped get me started on SimSkinning and Mesh reworking, which eventually led me to Poser... So I have you tho thank for my ever increasing credit card balance. LOL... Small world indeed!!

Spanki ( ) posted Tue, 03 May 2005 at 4:01 PM

Hehe... I actually found Poser when I was researching work on the 'Uber' meshes... I went scouring the net, looking for bigger mesh breasts and stumbled across the Poser world - been here ever since.

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 03 May 2005 at 4:58 PM

Thank you :) I am able to adjust large joints a little bit, but haven't gotten the knack of little ones like fingers yet. This will help me a whole lot! :)

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

macdubhgal ( ) posted Tue, 03 May 2005 at 5:28 PM

Hahahahaha!! I know just what you mean Spanki! Pretty much explains how I got here too! Come to think of it, it may well have been you who mentioned the whole Poser thing to me in the first place! We swapped some support emails back in the day...

Spanki ( ) posted Wed, 28 May 2008 at 10:29 AM

Looks like the original link got broke... here's the working one.

patorak ( ) posted Wed, 28 May 2008 at 8:36 PM

Thanks Spanki!  This is a real time saver.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.