Fri, Sep 20, 4:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Some additional problems with bones...

TOXE ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2005 at 9:45 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 2:30 AM

file_236205.jpg

Hi all, i've finally setup perfectly my figure in poser using a skeleton of P4 woman female. It remain a little (i think) problem with the hands. The figure 1 is the hand in his default position, the figure 2 and 3 show how some polygons (with the red arrows) seems to be still when the rest of the fingers move. Someone can help me? Thanks in advance -TOXE

fls13 ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2005 at 10:09 AM

If you have Poser 4 PP or more recent, you can go back into the setup room and manipulate the hand directly until it is right, or in the pose room, select the bone that is a problem and then activate the joint editor and play with the xyz dials until those stray vertices bend the way they should. Of course, work on one side at a time and use the symmetry option under figures so you don't have to do it twice. :O)

PhilC ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2005 at 10:11 AM

You are going to have to be very exact with the positioning of your spherical fall off zones. You may be better off if the hand were modeled with the fingers spread apart more.

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2005 at 6:34 PM · edited Tue, 10 May 2005 at 6:35 PM

Quite a few of the settings for the figures don`t work properly when you use bones from pre-made figures, usually the neck, head, eyes and fingers are the worst.

This is another thing that curious labs should fix with a newer version of poser.

Message edited on: 05/10/2005 18:35

TOXE ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 1:58 AM

file_236206.jpg

Thanks guys, the puppet work much better now:-) I need to make some adjustment on the legs (as you can see). I agree xantor, there are some little things in the setup room that could be better... -TOXE

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 6:34 AM

The figure looks like morph from the old tv programme.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.