Tue, Oct 22, 12:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:57 pm)

Subject: The bugs are back! :)

hauksdottir ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 2:55 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:35 AM

Attached Link: http://www.contentparadise.com/user/product.php?productid=10224&cat=0&page=1#detailimage

Not a dragonfly, but almost as pretty... Content Paradise has a nice elegant blue scarab beetle this week. People who do mummy movie scenes can recoil in horror at the thought of tucking him into a nice jeweled collar. [Mesh: 49308 polys 50614 vert] so I don't think we are going to see armies of them marching across the desert turning it into a shimmering blue wave (at least not on my machine!). Pity. Tomb scenes aren't quite complete without a couple of menacing critters, though, and I'm sure that this one will find some nice gold artifacts to guard. :) Carolly

byAnton ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 3:35 AM

I'm starting to like ContentParadise.

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

Nalif ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 6:14 AM

With all the awsome freebies ContentParadise has been giving, I don't understand how someone can not like content paradise. Curious Labs is obviously very serious about their new site - I suppose there are a lot of people out there that do hate it, though. Just because they offered their updates exclusively to their new site.

neftis ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 6:51 AM

Well I DO like content paradise!!!And I just hope lots of other people will:) nice stuff! thanks!

Casette ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 7:03 AM

EEEEWWWWWW !!!! I LOVE THIS BUG !!!!!! (downloading)

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

Arvanor ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 9:15 AM

Cool.I love these little creepies!

If by my life or death I can protect you, I will!

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 9:16 AM

I just wish CP had some sort of remember me function...

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 9:46 AM

Mesh: 49308 polys 50614 vert] so I don't think we are going to see armies of them marching across the desert turning it into a shimmering blue wave

Maybe in Vue Infinite. :)

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 10:08 AM

I don't like it cause I missed out on the first couple of bugs since I couldn't register .. But I like it for the freebies at least. When I can get them.

Casette ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 10:44 AM

I also lost the NICE bee :( Well, 2 buck only now ... :

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

Yner ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 1:26 PM

Thanks for letting us know...I keep forgetting to check in over there...:>)

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 2:25 PM

Is the roach for sale? That si more the one I want.

sixus1 ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 2:33 PM

The Roach still seems to be in the freebies last time I checked. --Rebekah--

Scarab ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 2:47 PM

I must say I am pleased with this news....for obvious reasons... Scarab

hauksdottir ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 3:02 PM

:chuckle: If anybody is seeing armies of scarabs pouring like water pours over a dam, it is you? It IS a handsome critter! Carolly

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 4:14 PM

The bugs are all still free for me. Spider, cockroach, scarab. Maybe it's because I "bought" them before?

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 4:29 PM

Thanks Rebekah .. I searched some more and found it. Dang site makes it hard somtimes.

sixus1 ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 4:50 PM

Glad that you found it. Personally, I hate roaches and will be glad to never see it again. :) --Rebekah--

odeathoflife ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 5:33 PM

Why are they so poly heavy though, most of these used in renders will be small like bugs compaired to the figures if any used, I do not see the reason why they are subdivided so much, more polys doesn't make a better mesh, I would like to see lite versions of all teh 'bugs' that CL's has released.

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 5:54 PM

Yeah .. I hate em too but they like around here so I might need them sometime.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 9:53 PM

You mean that you can't see a beautifully glowing fuzzy peach in a silver dish on a white folded cloth... with a cockroach waving his antennae as he plants a flag on top? With the new textures and lighting, we might be able to approach the realism of the Flemish still-lifes, but introduce contemporary metaphors. Whether the result is ART would be up to the artist, but we have better tools and props, now. :) Carolly

sixus1 ( ) posted Tue, 17 May 2005 at 9:31 PM
hauksdottir ( ) posted Tue, 17 May 2005 at 9:48 PM

Thank you!!! The migraine has been nasty the last couple of days, so this was a very pleasant thing to find. They can be mean or elegant or dainty or determined, just with a spot of texture and animation. Meanwhile, I'll think of a peaceful pond with a couple of gliding birds and the buzz of dragonflies. :) {hugs} Carolly

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.