Mon, Sep 9, 6:12 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Poser 6 SR1 ... When?

Chris ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 11:28 AM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 6:11 AM

Heya all, I'm a little bit disapointed about Poser 6 now ... I think the "bugs" got me today. P6 was running fine and smooth untill today ... now no saving anymore ... everytime when I want to save it drops me to desktop without prompt. I dont know why it is doing it now because till today everyting was OK ... I have read that CLSteve posted here that SR1 will be out soon ... when is soon? Any informations? Greets Chris

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 11:52 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=2243391

*and would like to get this out in the next week or so if at all possible*

That's what CL said back on May 3rd.

So.....I'd say very soon. Or so I would guess.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

DIMENSION_X ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 11:58 AM

Chris, If P6 has been working fine for you up to now and you have just started experiencing problems. I suggest that you back track what you were doing and what applications you were using prior to P6 problems started. It could be an application interfereing with P6. Conerning the SR1 update we should here in a day or too!!

destro75 ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 12:01 PM

Who knows when...It could be whenever... I think the key though is, let it take as long as they need, as long as when SR1 comes out, we all are not fast enough to be the first to post about the dire need for SR2. Hopefully CL learned from the past, and they are prepared to make a patch that is actually a patch. A useful tip though, and something I just discovered yesterday. P6 seems to make an absolute mess of your hard disk. Do a nice defrag, it makes a world of difference. My P6 immediately reaped the benefits.

akura_ ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 1:45 PM

I thought the SR1 update was out allready or was that just the content upgrades.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 1:57 PM

I thought the SR1 update was out allready or was that just the content upgrades.

No. SR1 is "Service Release 1", and it has to do with patching the Poser program's functionality, not its content.

The content updaters previously offered are a separate thing from SR1.

See the link to Curious Lab's offictial announcement concerning SR1 in my post above.

akura_ ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 2:08 PM

Oh, ok. Lets hope that this new sr1fixes the memory bud problem and also maybe add ew fictures to Poser 6 as while.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 2:22 PM

Yes.....let's hope. ;)

Chris ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 2:31 PM

hmm ... I'm not sure ... its not that memory problem because P6 worked fine till today ... not sure what I have done the bugs biting me ;) I really hope SR1 will fix it. Greets Chris

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 2:58 PM

hmm ... I'm not sure ... its not that memory problem because P6 worked fine till today ...

Others have reported similar experiences in a number of memory bug threads. P6 was humming along just fine for them for weeks.....and then suddenly choked with an "out of memory" error message.

I really hope SR1 will fix it.

That's the hope of many. Including me.

Mec4D ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 6:47 PM

I had the problem before with the save and save as option in the begining when my Display Engine was on OpenGl and Accumulation buffer on Software. After I changed the Accumulation buffer to Hardware everything is working without one crash until today and I render 6-12 hours minimal per day, another buy is when I try to open textures in the material room, there sometimes jump an message to save the Scene before closing, I clicked just Esc and it get off from the screen.. and that is the most problem for me right now.. I hope they will change the OpenGL to better because it is horrible how the textures show up in the preview window free apps have better OGL as Poser and that is only my thing I am not amazed about. Cath

"Surrender to what it is - Let go of what was - Have faith in what will be "

JohnRickardJR ( ) posted Thu, 12 May 2005 at 4:47 AM

I notice that there will be a content update 2 coming soon as well (source: Content Paradise Newletter 1)

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 12 May 2005 at 10:25 AM

maybe for the weekend?

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

Chris ( ) posted Thu, 12 May 2005 at 12:19 PM

ok, I think I know what happened to my Poser 6 ... Here is what I have done: loaded V3 into an empty scene, then applied Vicky Vouge Deformers by Wyrmmaster ... after that no more save anymore. Does someone else have problems with magnets in P6? @Cath: I'll try your suggestions when I'm at home ... maybe it will fix my P6 :) Greets Chris

Tempus Fugit ( ) posted Fri, 13 May 2005 at 5:12 PM

I've had problems with the Out of Memory errors when I load too much in one scene.

I also have a random problem where things come un-parented. Hair, for example, suddenly decides it doesn't want to move with the figure anymore. Yesterday, some of the Wyrmmaster magnets decided to float away and declare independance from Vicky, which created some very strange shapes when rotating her.

The patch would be very much appreciated about now.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.