Sun, Sep 22, 3:52 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: sweep path in Carrara 4 vertex modeler

graylensman ( ) posted Fri, 13 May 2005 at 9:56 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 3:51 AM

When you sweep a cross section in the vertex modeler, does it sweep from the midpoint of the cross section, or can you specify the "hot point" from which it sweeps? This is important to me, because I have a "measurement-sensitive" model I'm constructing. thanks!

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Fri, 13 May 2005 at 2:41 PM

For that level of precision, I use the spline modeler with cross sections imported from Illustrator. You can get closer tolerances and still have editablility. If you need a vertex object, you can then convert the spline object later. The other option is to use Amapi if you've got it - a great tool for precision work too.

graylensman ( ) posted Fri, 13 May 2005 at 3:28 PM

That's the modeler I started with, but the cross section distorted horribly along the lengths. So that's why I moved it into the vertex modeler.

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Fri, 13 May 2005 at 4:00 PM

Were you doing a pipline extrusion? If the cross section is not centered in the plane, you'll get some whacked shapes.

graylensman ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 7:19 AM

yes, I was... and no, the cross section wasn't centered in the plane. See, I know the dimensions the sweep path would describe, so I set the bounding box to that size, to make it easier to draw that path. Then I slid the cross section to one side, and used that as my starting point to draw the path. Sounds like this is a no-no.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.