Fri, Sep 20, 12:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: NYC update...

Ang25 ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 1:56 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 12:26 PM

Sorry no pictures yet, usb cord still packed up in my bag, but I've gotten home from a weekend trip to the City and I had a fantastic time. Hopefully we'll have some pictures to show soon. :) its 3am and I need my sleep. Have a good night everyone. Angela

AgentSmith ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 5:43 AM

Can't wait to see some of your pics, and stories! AgentSmith

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

RodsArt ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 5:54 AM

Glad you had good weather too, can't wait to see the pics.

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

Ang25 ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 8:41 AM

file_239438.jpg

Here is Boomer and Quest (aka John and Angelo)

Ang25 ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 8:42 AM

file_239439.jpg

Lucy and Miden (aka Lucy and Mike)

Ang25 ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 8:44 AM

file_239440.jpg

Miden, MadMax and Boomer (aka Mike, Max and John)

Ang25 ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 8:49 AM

file_239442.jpg

And finally, our journey into Central Park. I being the slowest, usually got to see this side of the group ;P so I decided to take a shot of them. :-D Somehow I must not have trusted total strangers in NYC because my camera has no total group pics *sigh* So someone else will have to post one of them.

Ang25 ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 8:56 AM

Ang and I (also Ang)and Lucy ditched Mike and went out for a bite to eat. At a table near us a group of somewhat intoxicated youths were celebrating. At one point there was just one guy sitting there and he asked what we were celebrating. So Ang (Quest)explained to him that we were from various locations, that we were from a website and that we were meeting for the first time. The guy gave that some thought, he looked at us funny and it hit me, that he didn't have the whole picture of the six of us. He was just seeing a Man with two women. As Lucy said it so well, he probably thought we met at "ILoveThreesomes.com"

ysvry ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 9:12 AM

nice pictures, that must have been fun.

for some free stuff i made
and for almost daily fotos

sackrat ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 2:07 PM

Looks as though a good time was had by all,...........sorry I missed it ! Is it just me or does Quest look alot like Leo LaPorte ? On a personal note,..........thanks for all the messages of support concerning my mom,...........she has been stablized and is no longer on a ventilator and is expected to recover a good deal of motor function. We shall see.

"Any club that would have me as a member is probably not worth joining" -Groucho Marx

miden1138 ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 2:30 PM

file_239445.jpg

A group shot in the Museum of Natural History. I do believe that much fun was had by all...we'll have to do this again!

miden1138 ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 2:57 PM

file_239446.jpg

Max having waaaay too much fun at the museum gift shop!

Ang25 ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 3:23 PM · edited Mon, 16 May 2005 at 3:25 PM

Tom, I'm so glad to hear that she is stablized. Next time we meet, you'll be there! And hopefully the forcast will be exactly the same because the weather was perfect. Yes folks, that is your one and only MadMax of the SmartPipe fame and Zenith light rig fame! :-D

Message edited on: 05/16/2005 15:25

Erlik ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 3:42 PM

Good to hear about your mum, Tom. Max looks terribly young on the museum group pic. :-)

-- erlik

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 3:51 PM

Glad to hear the good news about Tom's Mum. I can see that everyone had a good time, I hope something can be sorted out fo us UK types.

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

Quest ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 6:37 PM

file_239448.jpg

The gathering: We headed out to the meeting hub to await the arrival of the other Brycers; Mike, Lucy and Ang.

Quest ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 6:43 PM

file_239449.jpg

As soon as everyone got there, we went out for lunch. I was experimenting with a new wide-angle lens (12-24mmm) with manual focus. I need an eyepiece cup. The crew (from left to right); Ang, Lucy, Mike, Max, John.

Quest ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 6:45 PM

file_239453.jpg

Ang, Max and Boomer...before I pissed him!

Quest ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 6:46 PM

file_239455.jpg

Boomer, after I pissed him off!

Quest ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 6:49 PM

file_239457.jpg

Max and John on the far right trying to figure out where the dinosaur's head was:

BOOMER ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 6:51 PM

Hey All, I finally got some down time after a literally NON-STOP weekend. I have to say that we had an excellent time in NYC this past weekend. For me, it started off a little late. I had gone out the night before and due to a little bit more traffic than I anticipated, I was the last one to arrive. I pulled up right in front of the Roosevelt statue, jumped out of my truck and asked if I was late. (We were supposed to meet at 11-11:30 and I got there a little before 12)and Miden(Mike) hops off the wall and informs me that Ang25 and Quest just walked away. Quick introductions were made and I sped off to park. When I came back, I met Ang and Quest and we found out way to a small restaurant a block or so away from the museum. Ang wasn't too fond of the bread or the menu. Actually, none of us were too fond of the menu. The bamboo steamed vegetable dumplings didn't appeal to any of us while the Grilled Burger made its way to Ang's front. Point is, there were some strangely named dishes on the menu, but we all managed to find something we liked. The wait staff were definitley not the sharpest tacks in the box, but they managed. Thank you again to Quest for treating us. We then made our way to the museum and started on the 4th floor where the dinosaur exhibits were and from there, we didn't stop walking. We were basically on the move for about 4-5 hours straight. Working our way down through the different floors and exhibits, we went to the planetarium. Max and I picked up some space ice cream....Max, knock yourself out. It's all yours, bud. The ladies wanted to stop by the mineral and jewel exhibit which was pretty interesting. I've never seen jewels the size of my fist before. At closing, 5:30, we made out way into Central Park for a little walk and some texture gathering from the area. How did they turn out, btw? A short walk later and we were up by the castle which is on high ground and giving you a nice view. Yes, Ang25 was the slow member of our party, but we never left her behind. :-) Eventually, we made our way to a small restaurant where we stopped off for a drink and a "snack" for Max. It was around 7 or so that we made our way back to the parking garage and said our goodbyes (my brother flew up from Florida and I wanted some time with him). The short and sweet, we had an excellent time and the weather could not have been better. I have a feeling that the weather man had a case of the dumbass when he predicted rain. Angelo, Angela, Mike & Lucy and Max, thanks for a great day. It is something we need to do again, but starting earlier (and not driving 100 miles out of the way.....MIKE!!!!!) next time.

Because I like to blow $%&# up.

Don't fear the night.  Fear what hunts at night.

Quest ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 6:52 PM

file_239460.jpg

Just loved Max, he sure knows how to blend in:

Quest ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 6:58 PM

file_239463.jpg

Following day the remaining crew went off to the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens. We incurred a little rain drizzle but by and large, it turned out to be a great day.

BOOMER ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 6:59 PM

Continuation..... Excellent pictures, everyone. Really cool. Nice one, Angelo. I didn't think that you saw that 2 second freak out. LOL (I didn't really freak out, but the other members of my party seemed to think that I was on the large side or something like that) Oh, I know exactly where the dino's head was. You guys just didn't see where Max put it after I ripped it off. (Let's just say it used to be really dark) Max was getting a little flaky with the umbrella and helmet and we also have to get him to work on his smile a little bit. ;-) Keep on with the pictures. I'm diggin' 'em.

Because I like to blow $%&# up.

Don't fear the night.  Fear what hunts at night.

Ang25 ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 8:49 PM

file_239464.jpg

Well I couldn't resist taking his picture in the gift shop either.

Ang25 ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 8:55 PM · edited Mon, 16 May 2005 at 8:58 PM

Oh and yes, Boomer was always keeping an eye out to make sure I didn't get too lost. He even offered to carry me when I was really holding up the progress (hey it was a steep hill), LOL. He also handled the butter knife like like ... well lets just say I'd have been very very nervous if it had been a sharp knife and I were sitting near him. ;P

Message edited on: 05/16/2005 20:58

Quest ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 9:06 PM

I had a great weekend with these good and truly wonderful folks. First I picked Ang up and swung around to pick up Mike and Lucy. Ang is just simply a very sweet and friendly, easy to talk to person who loves to travel. Mike and Lucy is a wonderfully delightful, friendly young couple who seem to share a joint visage of discovery together. We then headed off to the meeting hub, which was the statue of Roosevelt on horseback in front of the museum. Man, was Mike hyper! Even after driving all that way from Virginia to New Jersey he was still full of piss and vinegar, I was getting tired just watching him. A little while later Max turned up. A very easy-going, easy to get along with persona in a wonderfully bright and well-mannered young man, a breath of delightful freshness. Then came the Hulk!I mean BoomerehhhhJohn. Ang and myself had gone back to my Jeep for water at the parking garage. Upon returning we were told of this humongous man who called himself John had made his presence known. We were told to expect the earth to tremble when he came back to meet us. I quickly put my hand in my rear pocket to make sure my pepper spray was still there. A sweeter guy would be hard to meet. Indeed a big man, but a wonderful person at heart. Im proud to call these good people my friends. Once we all got together, we decided to have lunch. We walked one block west of the museum to check out all the eateries. We strolled along for a little while when we passed a cafand Max asked several of the customers if the food was good. All replied that it was. We then took a fast vote and decided to go in. We asked for a table for six. Well, few of us knew how to read the menu there. Nevertheless, we decided to stay and ordered some exotic dishor so we thoughtAng got away with the hamburger and I got away with a great tasting dish of sweet potato fries and crab cake sandwich. After lunch it was time to hit the museum. We decided to start from the top and work our way down, in particular to take in the most interesting of the exhibits. Granted, there were many side galleries with added admission fees which would have cost an additional arm and a leg but we stuck to the basic tour and still we didnt get to see it all. We took in part of the planetarium then decided to go for a walk through Central Park. The day had turned out wonderfully pleasant despite the foul weather forecast that had been broadcast for the previous 3 days! Makes one wonder where these people are broadcasting from. Johns brother was flying in from Florida that evening and he needed to rendezvous with him. Ang, Mike and Lucy hadnt checked in yet into their hotels and the day was quickly closing. Max went back downtown to Tribeca area of Manhattan (God I wish I was 18 again) and we said we would call him when we came back into the City for diner. With that, we broke to go our own separate ways at the end of the day. Mike was starting to crash from after his long journey and I for one could not blame him! He who had so much earlier been full of energy and anxious to seize the day had by now met his true opponent, weariness. We traveled back into the borough of Queens and managed to make Angs check in by using the facilities and traveled on to find the Miden party lodgings. I must of drove for well over an hour before it became clear to me where it was they were staying (its never been truer, so close, yet so far). Talk about being so near and yet so far! All the time, Mike was in the back seat counting sheep. Said he needed but a couple hours nap to get on with it. Poor guy, I surely understood his situation. While Mike grabbed a nap, the ladies and I decided to go somewhere close where we could get a bite to eat and wait out his nap. I took them to Forest Hills Queens where the famous tennis games are played and ended up in a great little Irish pub/restaurant. Ang has already related the story about the jubilant folks at the adjoining table and the threesome web site. After diner we went back and picked up Mike again and headed off to the Village off Bleecker Street in Manhattan. We walked around a bit visiting the famous Washington Monument made famous from the 60s and took in the Bohemian atmosphere before settling down at the world famous Bitter End bar/pub. Im sure my guests had no idea about the history of this place but I thought they would enjoy it and at least say, Ive been there!. The Bitter End As we walked in we decided to take seat at the back end of the club to enjoy the live Rock entertainment. The place was blasting with sound and we could hardly hear each other. It was still early by New York time and the place wouldnt start jumping until later. Besides, the lead guitarist was really good and his fingers never left his hand. A waitress came up and asked me what I wanted. Ang had gotten up to use the restroom and had told me she wanted a Heineken so I proceeded to order. I said: I want a Heineken, a Cores Light and a Jack Denials straight up! The waitress looked at me disbelieving and asked: what are you having? I repeated myself. She then turned to me and said: Why are you being so greedy? Man, did I laugh my ass off! Anyways, we stood there to take in the bands set then we decided to go home and rest for the next dayafter allI got home at 4:00 A.M.! Next day Angela surprised meI had remembered distinctly but apparently not distinctly enough telling her I would call when she would be most ready for calls, at 10:30 (check out time was 11:00 for her) and she was only 20 minutes from my placenot to worry. She called me at 10:25. Not thinking much of it, I went down and drove off to meet with her. When we did meet again, she said she had expected me to call her at 10:00 as per our prior arrangement, which I could have sworn was set for 10:30! But there she was beaming in a glorious morning happy face to be with someone she recognized. She said she had had a good nights sleep which I found amazing for a country girl staying right in front of a big New York City Avenue bustling with traffic! We then drove over and picked Mike and Lucy up at their hotel (I now knew exactly where this mysterious hotel was and was quite happy that it was a reputable establishment (all things concerned). Mike is like an old time war plane (sorry Mike to describe you like this but its my best analogy). You need to crank him up by first supplying him with ample fuel! Caffeine! Gotta get plenty of coffee into Mike before he starts to hum. Anyway, after fueling up, we decided to head to downtown Brooklyn (one of the oldest cites in New York now a borough and where I was born and raised). The first stipulation was to take in the Brooklyn Museum and the Brooklyn Botanical Garden. As it turned out, we only managed to take in the garden. But we were happy with that. It was then time for all parties to find their way back home. A solemn moment when after such a great time with great people, it all has to disperse. A time that you wish could go on indefinitely but a time you know must come. Back to the hard grime and sweat. I would be remiss if I did not thank all these wonderful people who decided to come together and make a wonderful experience for themselves. To one and all, my Brycian friends, I thank you! Quest

Ang25 ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 9:41 PM

And Max, I just sneezed and I want you to know that everytime I hear a sneeze, I think of you :P I can still hear you saying "but it was ok, I didn't like her" Sorry folks, thats an inside joke.

lcsd114 ( ) posted Tue, 17 May 2005 at 12:15 AM

Lucy here, I wanted to say that I had the best time this weekend. Ang, Angelo, Max and John, you are all wonderful people and I was delighted to meet you all. It was definitely a whirlwind weekend, starting at 2am Saturday morning for Mike and I and finishing at 4am this morning, when we got home (including a stretch of almost 24 hours with little sleep for either of us) but every minute was filled with fun and genuine friendship. I believe we have a bond that will last for a good long time now. We will definitely get together again, very soon. How does D.C. sound for the next meeting?

Ang25 ( ) posted Tue, 17 May 2005 at 12:51 AM

Cool, I've never been to DC yet either! WOOT!

Mahray ( ) posted Tue, 17 May 2005 at 7:49 AM

How about Queensland? ;)

Come visit us at RenderGods.

Ignore the shooty dog thing.

vasquez ( ) posted Tue, 17 May 2005 at 9:19 AM

oooh I'm so jealous! I want to meet you all!!!!!! nice pictures and stories!

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 17 May 2005 at 10:59 AM

about 400 miles closer. Now if I can only get my daughter to let me have my car on the weekends (it's such a pain to be popular..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Ang25 ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2005 at 5:13 PM

file_239469.jpg

Here's Mike helping look for the Dino head. :P

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Thu, 26 May 2005 at 6:00 AM

Er... I don't think he'll find it there - & he might need an umbrella if he says there too long! ggg

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.