Mon, Sep 23, 6:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 6:09 am)

Subject: freestuff

Andi3d ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 11:27 AM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 6:28 AM

Attached Link: Relativity

file_240302.jpg

As some of you may be aware, I recently changed my hosting to a new host. However, after signing up with them, it came to my attention that they dont allow htaccess files, which effectively makes my store useless. But, they didnt make any mention of that in their sales blurb....obviously I wouldnt have signed up with them if they had. So, until i decide what to do (or rather, what I can afford) I'm just parking some free stuff there. Just added some new stuff into the freestuff section, but for those who cant wait....here are all the links....

enjoy the stuff, and i sincerely hope to get a normal service resumed asap.

best wishes to all

Andi

Message edited on: 05/18/2005 11:27

"That which doesn't kill you is probably re-loading"

Andi3d ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 11:29 AM

Attached Link: AK 74

file_240305.jpg

AK74, from my 3dmodelz days

Andi3d ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 11:32 AM

Attached Link: Ultimate urban # 0

file_240307.jpg

one that was being requested recently, Ultimate Urban #0

zulu9812 ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 11:32 AM

cheers for the freebie :D btw, did you ever update the CS Ruins package?

Andi3d ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 11:33 AM

Attached Link: Bone Thing

file_240308.jpg

one of 3 new boners.....the Bone Thing....no idea what it is, it just sorta fell together by itself ;-)

Andi3d ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 11:35 AM

hi zulu....heh, i aint finished the freebies post yet....still got a few to go here the ruins pack is being worked on, but what with all these hosting headaches, I've been a bit distracted. No worries though, I havent forgotten :-)

Andi3d ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 11:36 AM

Attached Link: Bone table

file_240309.jpg

another Boner......the Table

Andi3d ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 11:37 AM

Attached Link: Bone Chandalier

file_240311.jpg

and another....Chandalier

Andi3d ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 11:38 AM

Attached Link: Corner Ruin

file_240312.jpg

and last for the moment of the new ones, the Corner Ruin

Mariana_ ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 11:40 AM

holy cannoli boner over load! wooohoo tnx for these andi!!

bnetta ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 11:43 AM

ooo yes! just love the bones!! off to add to my collection! thanks netta

www.oodlesdoodles.com

jwiest ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 11:44 AM

No doubt...Thanks indeed!!! starts downloading

John

Andi3d ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 11:49 AM

i feel i ought to add....the only way I can get a refund on the crappy hosting package is if they cant cope with the amount of bandwidth i generate.....hint, hint

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 11:54 AM

Thank you.

bnetta ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 12:00 PM

shouldn't be a problem andi... as i'm going to get all the bones!! these here and the ones in freestuff.. got more?? how a bout a pair of bone wings? a skull goblet? a skull wand? can't have to many dark freebies! now i'll just need to find some gothic drapes! and a mattress for the bone bed..lol netta

www.oodlesdoodles.com

Andi3d ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 12:05 PM

bone wings are in the making..... a matress for the bed....I've got one, need to retexture it....lost the texture somewhere, shame cos it was all bits of skin, stitched together.... ;-) try and get it up soon :-))

semidieu ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 12:13 PM

Thanks a lot !

amberlover13 ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 12:21 PM

Wow, those are very generous. Thanks!

destro75 ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 12:35 PM

Andi3D, this stuff is killer, and adding that mattress with skin covering would be A1 stuff! I think your provider should start worrying now...

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 12:45 PM

heh..tried 'relativity' once..as usual, this one's better..;) great stuff..keep 'em coming.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

momodot ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 1:10 PM

Wow! Thank you.

Francemi ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 1:26 PM

Thank you for the freebies. A question, maybe naive, but still I think it is worth to ask in your circumstances... If I click on the link and then cancel when the window comes up with SAVE AS, does that help increasing the bandwidth you use? Cause if it does, I'm sure nobody here would mind doing that at least a couple of times in the next hour. ;o) What is your monthly bandwidth allocation? daily allocation? hourly allocation? If we had known that a couple of weeks ago, we would have asked you to host our Fairytale Project (3dSaraCreations) that busted our monthly bandwidth allocation in less than 10 hours! loll France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

Andi3d ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 1:52 PM

i'm fairly sure that its just the actual amount of data transferred....pity theoretically, its an unlimited bandwidth package, but there is a clause that states if they are unable to host it due to high bandwidth usage, they will refund the fee .... thats what i'm aiming for, as i feel slightly aggrieved they didnt state that htaccess files cannot be used in their sales description of the package. Since thats essential to the store setup im using, it makes the whole thing useless. still, as i say, its worth a try, and if i cant get a refund, i'll certainlt get my moneys worth from bandwidth usage. ;-) so, tell your friends, famile, pets etc to get in and download some stuff....please.....pretty please.

Francemi ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 2:16 PM · edited Wed, 18 May 2005 at 2:17 PM

Did you try to get a refund or did you just take it for granted that they will only reimburse you for the reasons you mentioned? I think if they are honest they should see the good sense in your request. P.S. Could you tell us the name of that web hosting service so we don't make the same mistake?

Message edited on: 05/18/2005 14:17

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

akura_ ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 2:19 PM

I have all the bone freebes and now I just added more to my collections. These are my favs of all the freebes. Please make more of them.

Andi3d ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 2:19 PM

i did ask, and also asked if i could transfer the hosting to use for another domain...was hoping to let someone else have it, but that fell through. the answers were no and yes respectively. you'll note i'm not vindictive enough to name them, and thereby harm their business in any way at all.....all i want is my cash back for what i see as a blatant omission.

Francemi ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 2:24 PM

Well I don't think naming them is being vindictive. If you were caught in that, others might be to. It would be a service to render to your fellow Poser users. I don't say that for me as I just signed up for 38 months at PowWeb and they offer all the resources you could need.

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

Ben_Dover ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 2:45 PM

Hey Andi I know I've got a lot of your freebies somewhere but damned if I can find them. I guess I'll have to download all of them again. And then due to some pain meds I've been taking I'm sure I'll forget where I saved them to, so I'll probably have to download them all over again. I might want to save a copy of them to another drive on my network too. I'd like to see how fast one of those "unlimited bandwidth" sites moves a file, do you have any other test files we could download... it's ok if they're large. Extremely large. evil grin

jwiest ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 3:05 PM

Well...got sidetracked, but am now finally downloading. I forget what other freebies of yours I've downloaded before, but maybe upload all of them (if this isn't all of it) and I'd download those again. :) Dunno about downloading the same stuff over and over though. And you could put more new stuff up there too. lol ;)

John

gillbrooks ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 3:54 PM
Online Now!

Attached Link: MYQTH

Andi, I use MYQTH for several of my sites - for $48 a year you get 1GB space and 40GB/month bandwidth plus password protected directories which you can do either via the control panel or via Front Page if you have it as FP extensions are a free option. Touch wood (hand on head)I've not had any downtime either

Gill

xoconostle ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 8:40 PM

Your work is great, Andi3d. Thanks so much for sharing it. :-)

Realmling ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 9:45 PM

Thank yous! I think I'm actually going to have to do a render now...Relativity is just screaming at me to be used. =)

Crazy alien chick FTW! (yeah....right....)

Realm of Savage - Poser goodies and so much more!

~~

Katoran ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 10:29 PM

So, is the freebie section of your site online? Or just these downloads? I tried to go check and see if there were any other boners I've missed. And not suprisingly, the frontpage says the site is offline. I'm just curious.

Francemi ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 10:36 PM

Katoran, I can access to Andi's website (homepage). There is a note by Andi saying that the content of the website is unavailable for the moment but the freebies are still available... I just downloaded all the freebies from this topic and all the freebies from the Freestuff here. ;o) Andi, your host seems to have a large capacity ;o( Did you post this message in other forums? DAZ, PoserPros, etc.

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

hauksdottir ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 11:34 PM

Actually, what we need is a challenge to use Relativity in some creative way. Hmm... thinking hat on.... And thanks for the new freebies. I like that table: it is very inventive. There is a sort of gruesome grace to these boners. Carolly

Andi3d ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2005 at 1:48 AM

hey folks, the front page was put up while we were doing the changeover to this current host....before I discovered the lack of being able to use htaccess files. I'm thinking of putting a temporary page, with links to all my currently available free stuff in its place. Katoran, all the currently available boners are in my freestuff here at Rosity :-)

ziggie ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2005 at 1:49 AM

Thanx for your 1,231 freebies. But... some of them seem to be the same. Like... Relativity_146 looks exactly like Relativity_001 thru 145. mmm.. I must be doing something wrong somewhere. My bad.

"You don't have to be mad to use Poser... but it helps"

Ethesis ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2005 at 7:08 AM

Wish you the best, and thanks.

butterfly_fish ( ) posted Sun, 22 May 2005 at 12:06 PM

Awesome! I'm sure you won't mind that I've pointed a bunch of my friends to this post. :-) Thanks, Andi! You make fantastic stuff!

One goes into the house of eleven eleven times, but always comes out one. -River Tam

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.