Sat, Sep 21, 12:08 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Color Setting Question in PS 6.0

Chcicken_Soup ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2001 at 12:30 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 9:03 AM

I recently got PS 6.0 (yay) and I have a question about the color setting... How do I know how to set it up for my computer? I know it's off...(I tried to turn an image into grayscale and it turned to shades of purple instead of shades of grey) Please help...

DigitalDream#3 ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2001 at 1:53 PM

I am on 5.5.What exactly is this color setting supposed to do? Are you talking about Gamma settings?

Chcicken_Soup ( ) posted Tue, 23 January 2001 at 3:48 AM

I'm not sure...

karnobiska ( ) posted Wed, 07 February 2001 at 5:15 AM

Attached Link: http://www.alienspeek.demon.co.uk

first of all make sure you are using the monitors correct drivers, then with this profile configure photoshop > Edit color settings > in here will be a number of options i use the default web graphics > you will see a short descripton as you roll over the options which explains what it manages, i would also calibrate your monitor and graphics card > most modern graphics cards allow you to change the color temperature and contrast (gamma) this might also help the reason its important to use the correct monitor drivers is that photoshops internal color drivers use the basic standard and if your monitor is using the correct drivers everything should be working just fine :)))

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.