Sat, Sep 21, 10:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 10:01 am)

Subject: A glitch that is foxing me...

Sturm_und_Drang ( ) posted Sat, 28 May 2005 at 5:45 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 10:29 AM

file_246329.jpg

I have had another go with Dystopia, this time with success in terms of scaling with other figures. I had not appreciated the need to scale the Dystopia up 12000% to match imported poser figures.

However I have a weird problem when rendering. All there is in this scene is Dysto itself and this one guy. The hard line across the image, just in front of his feet seems to be where it just does not want to render the base. See how the lamp-post still renders past that line..? There is nothing overhead in the model to cause shadow.

If I move the camera around, the failed area moves with it, till I move far enough away and then it renders out just fine.

It is almost as though the camera has a big square under it moving around and hiding part of the picture. Hither is 0.0000 .. dont know where else to look really.

Thanks in advance

richardson ( ) posted Sat, 28 May 2005 at 6:03 PM

You've looked through all your shadow cams? Not sure if hither even functions that way. I would keep hither at default and use scale for zoom. Just my wag

Sturm_und_Drang ( ) posted Sat, 28 May 2005 at 6:31 PM

Well, hither had defaulted to 0.048.. and thinking about it, I bet I was just picking at ideas to mention that. No, I had not looked through my shadowcams but I did just now.. nothing looks wrong. I don't think that edge is a shadow anyway. Wag away.. I am grateful for the help. :)

svdl ( ) posted Sat, 28 May 2005 at 7:47 PM

It could be something very simple: did you uncheck visibility for the GROUND prop?

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

byAnton ( ) posted Sun, 29 May 2005 at 12:40 AM

Perhaps your camra is passing into geometry?

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

geep ( ) posted Sun, 29 May 2005 at 7:14 AM

Any hints in Wireframe mode? Does it change if you change (slightly) the camera angle? Is the part with the dark area a double sided plane? ;=?

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

Sturm_und_Drang ( ) posted Sun, 29 May 2005 at 4:04 PM

I had indeed made sure the GROUND was invisible, and I certainly thought the camera was not sunk into geometry. If I move the camera slightly, the failed area does indeed move around. I find that if I render it with the Poser 4 engine it renders as expected, but not with Firefly.

geep ( ) posted Sun, 29 May 2005 at 5:05 PM

It sounds like it is a double sided polygon. ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

Sturm_und_Drang ( ) posted Mon, 30 May 2005 at 2:59 AM

That is probably right, in so far as the base of Dystopia appears to have thickness. I was really hoping to use that viewpoint, would there be a workaround I can use? Can I mess with Dystopia in order to fix it for this picture? On another note, richardson mentions shadowcams. I have never really used those at all, and trying to find them in the Poser manual was not a success in the short time I had. Is there something online about those? Many thanks...

geep ( ) posted Mon, 30 May 2005 at 5:15 AM

file_246330.jpg

Hi Sturm_und_Drang, You might find some help [HERE.](http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1641181) cheers, dr geep ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

geep ( ) posted Mon, 30 May 2005 at 5:21 AM

Hi (again) Sturm_und_Drang, re: "Can I mess with Dystopia in order to fix it for this picture?" Possibly ... if you can rotate the camera so you are looking at the bottom of the Dystopia object so that you can see the underside ... Use the Grouping Tool to select the bottom polygon(s) and reverse it's (their) normals. However, doing this may cause problems elsewhere. cheers, dr geep ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.