Sat, Aug 3, 5:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:14 am)

Subject: Poser 6 Help ... Uninstall / Reinstall Problems

Chris ( ) posted Sun, 29 May 2005 at 9:28 AM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 5:07 PM

Hi all, I have some problems with Poser 6 ... it don't saves anymore. So I thought I uninstall / reinstall it on my PC. Uninstalled it and deleted the Poser 6 Folder. Cleaned the Registry. So far so good. After reinstalling Poser 6 with all patches it still don't export or saves. But I have still the last preview render I did there. Weired! There must be another place where Poser saves informations. Can someone point me to that folder? Thanks in advance Greets Chris

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

Dizzi ( ) posted Sun, 29 May 2005 at 9:53 AM · edited Sun, 29 May 2005 at 9:54 AM

It's stated in the SR1 readme, where the renders are stored:

For Windows it's
Documents and Settings{USER}Local SettingsTempPoserRenderCache I had P6 also not saving sometimes...

Message edited on: 05/29/2005 09:54

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 29 May 2005 at 9:54 AM

Look for a directory called "PoserRenderCache".
I'm not sure of the path, as my Temp folder is not in the default location.

Chris ( ) posted Sun, 29 May 2005 at 10:08 AM

ok, found it ... but ... still can not save or export. Pulling my hair out here. What can I do else? Greets Chris

nerd ( ) posted Sun, 29 May 2005 at 1:39 PM
Forum Moderator

What happens when you try to save?

Chris ( ) posted Mon, 30 May 2005 at 2:31 AM · edited Mon, 30 May 2005 at 2:33 AM

Hi Nerd,

when I try to save or export Poser 6 closes to desktop without promt.

forgot to give my system specs:

Compaq SP750 Workstation
2x Intel P3 XEON 866
512 MB Ram
NVidia GeForce 5700 with 128MB Driver Version 66.72
Windows XP Pro with SP2

24 GB Virtual Memory free

Hope you will be able to help

Greets

Chris

PS: Sorry for late reply :) Edit: Poser 6 worked great from the first time ... but after about 3-4 Weeks using it it has this issue.

Message edited on: 05/30/2005 02:33

nerd ( ) posted Mon, 30 May 2005 at 3:10 AM
Forum Moderator

Make sure there isn't any thing weird in your preferred state. Open prefs and set the prefered state to factrory and the UI to factory. Exit and relaunch. Try saving now. If it works delete all the UI dots too. Then arrange things the way you like them and reset the preferred state. Nerd3D

Chris ( ) posted Mon, 30 May 2005 at 3:17 AM

Nerd, thanks for the fast reply. Poser 6 is on a fresh installation right now. I have not changed anything in the UI and such but I'll try your suggestions when I'm back home. Thanks Chris

nerd ( ) posted Mon, 30 May 2005 at 11:35 AM
Forum Moderator

One more detail, did you install SP1 for Poser. There were some OpenGL issues and IIR one of them had to do with this. SP1 is supposed to have fixed them. You could verify if it's an OpenGL issue by setting your display type to SreeD and trying to save. Nerd3D

Chris ( ) posted Mon, 30 May 2005 at 1:33 PM

ok ... I have tried all your suggestions, Nerd nothing worked snif Any other ideas what I can do? Thanks Chris

nerd ( ) posted Mon, 30 May 2005 at 6:00 PM · edited Mon, 30 May 2005 at 6:01 PM
Forum Moderator

OK, I'm stumped. You could try some basics, Virus and spyware scans. It not likely but you never know. It's really weird that it was working and just stopped. Do you remember installing anything or perhaps updating a driver?

Nerd3D Nerd < Needs typing lesson

Message edited on: 05/30/2005 18:01

nerd ( ) posted Mon, 30 May 2005 at 10:43 PM
Forum Moderator

Perhaps this link has some useful info: http://poserpros.daz3d.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=39221

Chris ( ) posted Tue, 31 May 2005 at 7:35 AM · edited Tue, 31 May 2005 at 7:38 AM

hmmm ... interesting thread over there :)

I'm not sure ... but I will try some of their suggestions.

I'm not sure too if I have installed a new driver or such ... I know last thing I did in Poser was loading Wyrmmasters Vicky Vogue 2003 Deformers ... then BANG Poser 6 closed and no saving anymore even after a reinstall.

weired, huh? :)

Greets

Chris

Message edited on: 05/31/2005 07:38

snoops ( ) posted Tue, 31 May 2005 at 1:46 PM

Hi Chris I had the same problem and installed the latest videocard drivers. It fixed the problem for me. I can now save without any problem. Snoops

Chris ( ) posted Wed, 01 June 2005 at 1:56 AM

thanks for the tip, snoops ... I will try that too. greets Chris

Chris ( ) posted Thu, 02 June 2005 at 4:38 AM

Hi all, my Poser is up and running again :) After trying all suggestions given here without any success the last one was to uninstall and reinstall my Video Drivers as snoops suggested ... BINGO! Looks like my drivers got corrupt by any reason. Thanks to all who tried to help! Greets Chris

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.