Tue, Sep 24, 5:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 12:07 am)

Subject: Dynamic Clothing - Calculation stops

drgonzo ( ) posted Tue, 31 May 2005 at 1:06 AM ยท edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 5:27 AM

Hi folks, i've a problem with the dyn. cloth calculation. As you can see in the picture below, the calculation process gets into trouble and stops as soon as there is no place left for the cloth to go to. I understand that this is not an error in the poser routine - i am looking for a smart solution to get dyn. clothing calculations work in those situations...

dyncloth.jpg

MungoPark ( ) posted Tue, 31 May 2005 at 5:47 AM

The cloth gets jammed in the armpit and has now way to move - probably the arm and the chest even intersect and the simulation is lost - solution: make a cut out under the armpit

shedofjoy ( ) posted Tue, 31 May 2005 at 10:01 AM

As yet i haven't found a solution to that problem, apart from removing that area from the mesh, which is normally not what you want. I like many others were hoping that CL (EF) had upgraded the dynamic cloth in P6 but no such luck. I have dabbled with the cloth room but have found the constant stopping in calculation because of silly problems to be more annoying than anything else.... grrrr... CL (EF) take note DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE DYNAMIC CALCULATION...jeese do i ask for too much...

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

MungoPark ( ) posted Tue, 31 May 2005 at 12:37 PM

There is no simple solution for this problem - when your figure violates physics - what shall the programmer do to prevent this ? Think of all the possible combinations - this would generate a gigantic overhead in any clothing simulation, so the solution is to leave this to the animator (and probably wait for faster machines which can do what you want in reasonable time)

nerd ( ) posted Tue, 31 May 2005 at 2:20 PM
Forum Moderator

Add the arm pit area of the cloth to the constrained group. This will keep that area from getting ripped up when the arm presses into the side. Be sure to add as much as will get smushed when the arm hits the side. You need the add the chest and arm areas. If you are using cloth self collision this is even more important as it will keep the cloth from getting stuck together where it's pushed through it's self. I'm really sick of struggling with figures suffering from dislocated shoulders and broken ribs. If you are working with pants you will probably need to add the crotch area to the constrained group as well. P6 users get SR1 there were some nice fixes in the cloth room. Excessively complex sims don't corrupt the scene any more for example. Nerd3D

shedofjoy ( ) posted Tue, 31 May 2005 at 5:02 PM

Thanx Nerd. will try some of those ideas myself...

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

drgonzo ( ) posted Sat, 04 June 2005 at 3:36 AM

Many thx Nerd - i'll try it !

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.