Sat, Aug 3, 8:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:14 am)

Subject: First human figures from the Open3DProject!

Mazak ( ) posted Thu, 02 June 2005 at 11:23 AM ยท edited Wed, 31 July 2024 at 1:55 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Attached Link: http://www.project-human.com/

file_249184.jpg

First human figures released from the Open3DProject. The figures come from Zygote and Sixus1. Free download at contentparadise.com. Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittelย 

Aeneas ( ) posted Thu, 02 June 2005 at 12:12 PM

Content Paradise...does this mean that only P6 users are accepted?

I have tried prudent planning long enough. From now I'll be mad. (Rumi)

dirk5027 ( ) posted Thu, 02 June 2005 at 12:13 PM

file_249186.jpg

The male is not based on the free model download from zygote, I thought that was what this whole project human was.

Spanki ( ) posted Thu, 02 June 2005 at 12:58 PM

The ones at the ProjectHuman site were created by Sixus. The ones at ContentParadise (click on the freestuff link on the left) were created by Zygote. It's two different (sets of) models.

Cinema4D Plugins (Home of Riptide, Riptide Pro, Undertow, Morph Mill, KyamaSlide and I/Ogre plugins) Poser products Freelance Modelling, Poser Rigging, UV-mapping work for hire.

Byrdie ( ) posted Thu, 02 June 2005 at 1:04 PM

No, these can be gotten by anybody, not just the P6 users. Downloading mine now, looks like he's gonna be nekkid for awhile since I don't think any of Mike, David, Don's or Dork's clothes will fit. :-(

Mazak ( ) posted Thu, 02 June 2005 at 1:08 PM ยท edited Thu, 02 June 2005 at 1:10 PM

All 4 figures are part of the Open3DProject, see readme.txt in file.

Mazak

Message edited on: 06/02/2005 13:10

Google+ Bodo Nittelย 

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 02 June 2005 at 1:42 PM

Are the Zygote figures poseable already?

Natolii ( ) posted Thu, 02 June 2005 at 2:16 PM

Byrdie, Elke and others have some freebies already up at www.poserforums.com Poses, props, some clothing, all contributed by site members.

dirk5027 ( ) posted Thu, 02 June 2005 at 2:23 PM

No Deecey, they are not or at least the male isn't, which of course is the one I wanted :(

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 02 June 2005 at 3:26 PM

I have the Zygote figures already or are they now poser ready. Any difference from when I D/L them the first time to what they are now?

Bobasaur ( ) posted Thu, 02 June 2005 at 4:59 PM

Bkmk

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

mathman ( ) posted Thu, 02 June 2005 at 5:01 PM

How can there be freebie poses for these characters if they are not poseable ?

dirk5027 ( ) posted Thu, 02 June 2005 at 5:20 PM

The posable ones are the sixus figures NOT the zygote figures, which I do believe is what many of us were anticipating

Khai ( ) posted Thu, 02 June 2005 at 5:21 PM

there are poses for the figures contributed by Sixus1

cherokee69 ( ) posted Thu, 02 June 2005 at 5:50 PM ยท edited Thu, 02 June 2005 at 5:52 PM

The Zygote figures (both the male and female) are not posable and they are totally different than the Sixus figures, which are posable. Everyone was expecting the Zygote figures to be made posable, but they aren't yet unless someone is working one them.

Message edited on: 06/02/2005 17:52

lesbentley ( ) posted Thu, 02 June 2005 at 6:39 PM

~bookmark

AtelierAriel ( ) posted Thu, 02 June 2005 at 6:56 PM

Go here and buy. You can make all the clothes you have fit the new characters. http://www.philc.net/WardrobeWizard.htm

Lunaseas ( ) posted Thu, 02 June 2005 at 7:38 PM

sixus1 ( ) posted Thu, 02 June 2005 at 8:40 PM

Attached Link: http://www.project-human.com/

Sorry for those of you who were confused. We were going to be releasing our open source figures anyway, which just happen to coincide with what Zygote was doing also. So, there was a joint release of sorts. With that said. The Project Human: Male and Female are figures created by Sixus1. They are fully posable and ready to roll in Poser. Specifically packaged for P6, but will work in P4 and up. The Zygote figures are simply obj files that haven't been rigged for Poser, yet. But, anyone can take that task on. Great practice. :) Also, keep in mind...(specifically speaking for Project Human figures) you can do whatever you want with them. You can re-rig them to suit your designs; change the UV maps; morph/sculpt them; chop them up and use pieces of them and do whatever you would like. You give away the results, sell them, use them commercially while retaining the copyright to the end results changes that you have made. You also have the option of contributing/donating your creations back into the open source project for others to share. I am working on a F.A.Q. at our site with our interpretation of the license and any other common questions. If you have any...shoot them my way so that I can address them. From our end, this was intended to Open things up for people who want to learn and share. We don't intend/expect for our figures to replace your humans in your runtime. If you like them, cool. If you don't, that is cool too. :) BTW--as soon as I can update everything this week coming up, Behemoth, Adam, Britta and H.I.M from us are also going full Open Source under the new license. We also have the low-poly version of the figures to go out sometime soon. And we also are going to be trying to release versions for other programs. Anyway, happy rendering everyone. --Rebekah--

cherokee69 ( ) posted Thu, 02 June 2005 at 8:57 PM

"The Zygote figures are simply obj files that haven't been rigged for Poser, yet. But, anyone can take that task on. Great practice. :)" So, is anyone doing that yet for the Zygote figures?

pakled ( ) posted Thu, 02 June 2005 at 9:47 PM

finally figured out how to download them (or more properly, where..;) thanks for the models, you guys spoil us..don't think we don't notice..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

sixus1 ( ) posted Thu, 02 June 2005 at 10:28 PM

Yeah, sorry about the site. It is functional, but still a work in progress of sorts. So, I will definately make the downloads easier to find. Thanks for the compliment, it is good to hear. :) --Rebekah--

narcissus ( ) posted Fri, 03 June 2005 at 3:55 AM

low-poly version of the figures! That shounds great! I like the models but the high polu keeps me away from using them! pitklad

Chris ( ) posted Fri, 03 June 2005 at 4:29 AM

bookmark

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.