Fri, Oct 4, 5:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 4:27 pm)

Subject: Pro Pack will not install

muralist ( ) posted Sun, 05 June 2005 at 10:09 AM ยท edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 5:19 PM

I installed Pro Pack last year and it worked fine. Today I somehow corrupted my Poser installation and so uninstalled, cleaned the registry, reinstalled. Now Pro Pack will not install. It begins to load then gives an error. I've seen other threads about this problem but none with a solution. There is no option to manually locate the Poser installation. WinXP

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 05 June 2005 at 10:25 AM

When you uninstalled did you remove (or rename) the installation directory ?

The uninstaller may have left some files in the PP directory, which the installer won't replace.

Try installing to a completely clean directory and see if that fixes it.

Be sure to take a copy of the contents of the top-level directory once you got your interface setup as you can then copy the files back if your installation get corrupted again (one to watch out for is Poser.rsr).
Saving a copy of the Runtimeprefs (I think) files is also useful.

ClintH ( ) posted Sun, 05 June 2005 at 10:26 AM

What error do you get. I just reinstalled Poser 4, Pro Pack, Poser 5 and Poser 6 without any problems. I installed Poser 4 twice in differant locations on my hard drive and then patched both installations with the Poser 4.03 patch. I then installed Pro Pack onto one of the Poser 4 installations. Worked fine - WinXP Pro is my OS. FYI, Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

logansfury ( ) posted Sun, 05 June 2005 at 10:26 AM

just a guess here, but if your system has 1.0gig of RAM or more, maybe you need to first install poser, then install the 4.03 updater, THEN install pro pack. I honestly dont know if the updater provides what propack needs but its possible. Hope you find the solution :)

muralist ( ) posted Sun, 05 June 2005 at 10:29 AM ยท edited Sun, 05 June 2005 at 10:34 AM

Thanks, I installed to a clean directory; then tried with only the poser setup, then tried with poser setup plus 4.03 update, then with update plus memory update. It didn't work. In fact the 4.03 update begins to load then searches for components, then disappears. My current version is now 4.0.3.127. Is this the updated version? Did the patch load or not? How can I install ProPack?

Message edited on: 06/05/2005 10:34

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 05 June 2005 at 12:01 PM

My ProPack gives 4.2.1.179 as the version number (that's after installing SR3), I think that the original PP was 4.1

If, as your version number suggests, you bought PP as an add on to P4 you should have a seperate installer.

I think that you need to install PP SR3 before running it to avoid activation problems.

muralist ( ) posted Sun, 05 June 2005 at 12:03 PM

Pro Pack will not install. Running Pro Pack sr3 give the error: cannot locate a valid installation of ProPack. I have Poser 4 version 4.0.3.127 installed. I want to install Pro Pack. How?

odeathoflife ( ) posted Sun, 05 June 2005 at 12:49 PM

sr3 is a service release to patch Pro Pack, you will need to install poser 4 install propack install propack sr3 If this all fails contact e-frontier they will be more then willing to try to help you with this.

โ™ ฮฉ Poser eZine ฮฉโ™ 
โ™ ฮฉ Poser Free Stuff ฮฉโ™ 
โ™ ฮฉ My Homepage ฮฉโ™ 

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

ย 

muralist ( ) posted Sun, 05 June 2005 at 1:07 PM

Thanks to all for your help. I ran System Restore back to Thursday, then tried to run Poser -- nothing. I reinstalled Poser and the service releases on top of it. It runs Pro Pack now, though I still cannot reinstall Pro Pack -- Also the following error appears: Cannot open script for reading: (PEPythonEngine::DoScript()) So I have version 4.2.1.179 running now. I still would like to reinstall Pro Pack so everything is a clean install. Any ideas?

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 05 June 2005 at 3:01 PM

You seem to be missing the actual ProPack installer.

My installer (for P4) is called "Setup.exe".
I also have "Poser4MemoryUpdate.exe" and "Poser403Updater.exe".
My installer (for PP) is called "Pro Pack Setup.exe".
I also have "ProPackMemUpdate asi .exe" and "Pro Pack Service Release 3.exe".

Hope this helps you locate the file.

muralist ( ) posted Sun, 05 June 2005 at 3:26 PM

I have two downloadeed Poser 4 files, each of which includes what I think is an identical Setup.exe, plus the upgrades (also downloaded) Pro Pack is on cd.

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 05 June 2005 at 4:16 PM

Would you mind listing the file sizes ?
That should finalise identification of which ones you have.

KarenJ ( ) posted Sun, 05 June 2005 at 4:21 PM

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

muralist ( ) posted Sun, 05 June 2005 at 5:56 PM

Poser_Artist_Installer_CD.zip 212MB Poser_Artist_Setup.zip 146MB

layingback ( ) posted Sun, 05 June 2005 at 6:09 PM

Vague recollection of having this problem years ago. I think it's a problem with ProPack not being able to find the directory. Try to take any option to specify the install directory for yourself rather than letting ProPack search for it. I think that was how I got around it....

muralist ( ) posted Sun, 05 June 2005 at 6:12 PM

Thanks, but there is no option to select the directory myself...

layingback ( ) posted Sun, 05 June 2005 at 6:35 PM

Sorry, now see that you said that in your first post. But I think that was the issue, but I can't remember how I got around it. Is your expanded zip file on a different volume to the poser installation directory? If so try moving it to the same volume?

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 05 June 2005 at 8:03 PM

One thing you could try is to just install your PoserArtist, then ProPack, and then PP SR3 (i.e. don't run the P4 updates).

Another thought is that you may need to start PoserArtist (at least) once after you have installed it and enter your serial number before trying to install ProPack.

Debbie M. ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2005 at 6:25 PM

muralist, all you have to do is after you install Poser4 from your CD, put the ProPack cd into your drive, and autorun should kick in, and the rest is pretty straight forward. Hope that helps! Deb

Debbie M.

muralist ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2005 at 9:00 PM ยท edited Tue, 07 June 2005 at 9:08 PM

Thanks, Debbie,
Autorun didn't start -- so I followed the directions in the booklet and double clicked the .exe in the cd dir -- I don't know what the trouble was. I had a similar problem when I originally installed it but don't remember how I solved it. It still will not install from the cd. I guess that there is a software conflict somewhere.

I restored my system to a time before I uninstalled, and once I recopied the files into the CL directory over the old installation, it ran fine except an error about a Python script not existing. I installed the latest Python, monkeyed around some more and now Pro Pack runs fine. Although I got a strange error about quota (memory?) today while loading a giant DNA model... But overall the program is back to normal and the robots are rendering busily.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Message edited on: 06/07/2005 21:08

Debbie M. ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2005 at 9:54 PM

Well I'm glad to hear that you finally got it working!! It's a real bummer that it gave you so many fits. I wonder if your cd is scratched? At any rate, glad to hear you're back up and running! Deb

Debbie M.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.