Sun, Sep 22, 5:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Hexagon Mac Line/Bezier Problems

GrantH ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2005 at 9:32 AM · edited Sun, 18 August 2024 at 8:35 AM

When trying to create a 3D object using any of the surface modeling tools with spline/bezier paths of any type, the paths disappear upon applying any of the surface modeling tools and no 3D shape results. Basically applying the surface modeling tools to line paths simply deletes the paths but yields no 3D object. Has anyone else experienced this and or have any solutions? Thanks.

nomuse ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2005 at 10:06 AM

Same here, but I assumed I wasn't understanding yet how the tool worked.

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2005 at 12:52 PM

I suspect that the paths aren't actually touching each other. They MUST connect or you can get disappearing content. When drawing to or from an existing path, hold the Shift key. It will show a little, white cross-hair that will snap to the line and/or beginning and end points as you move the cursor over an exiting line. Put it where you want it and then click to begin drawing.

GrantH ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2005 at 1:16 PM

What about the case of ruled line objects where the curves can't (or not really feasibly) touch?

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2005 at 1:39 PM

You're correct for ruled surfaces, nothing is touching. Does your geometry still disappear? I just completed a project with ruled surfaces and didn't have any issues. If it does, we'll have to poke around a little more and see what's up.

GrantH ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2005 at 3:41 PM

It occurred to me there maybe some stray "temp" files floating around and causing problems. I did a find file for "temp" and threw away the the ones associated with Eovia. That seemed to solve the problem. Thanks for your responses.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.