Thu, Oct 10, 4:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 12:13 pm)

Subject: problem enlarging hands

LonRanger ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2005 at 8:10 PM · edited Thu, 10 October 2024 at 4:29 PM

I am trying to create a caricature, and of course, caricatures deal with exageration -- in this case, I want to have a man with large hands (large relative to the rest of his body). But when I enlarge my M3's hands and fingers (to the same size, maybe 150%), some of the fingers no longer fit correctly into the hand. Any suggestions?

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2005 at 11:04 PM · edited Tue, 07 June 2005 at 11:06 PM

This is a problem of no propagating scale. Scale the hand, the fingers are not scaled. Two solutions:

1. Scale all of the finger parts similarly. (not the best solution as you will see)

2. Change the hand Scale to propagatingScale in the CR2 (copy of course).

Message edited on: 06/07/2005 23:06

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

LonRanger ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2005 at 11:16 PM

I did try suggestion #1, but the fingers still did not fit well with the hand. But I found a solution. Instead of enlarging the hands, I enlarged the whole body, then, part by part, reduced the size of everything except the hands and fingers. Now the hands and fingers look fine.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Wed, 08 June 2005 at 12:54 AM

I thought about that (since almost always the BODY has propagatingScale), but it is some work (think if you were doing this for the toes, you'd have to do it for each and every finger part as well as the other body parts - like 50 times for the entire body - yikes!). :) Do the fingers look good, joint wise, doing it this way?

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

LonRanger ( ) posted Wed, 08 June 2005 at 12:57 AM

yes!

kyraia ( ) posted Wed, 08 June 2005 at 2:58 AM

file_252300.jpg

>Change the hand Scale to propagatingScale in the CR2 (copy of course).

That's really interesting. Thanks.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.