Mon, Oct 21, 11:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:11 pm)

Subject: Wooot! Apollo Maximus.....

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 09 June 2005 at 10:17 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 11:35 PM

From the e-frontier news letter: [quote]Apollo Maximus COMING SOON!! Apollo Maximus 2005, the exciting and innovative new Poser figure, by renowned Poser content creator Anton Kisiel, will be released next Friday, June 17th. Apollo Maximus 2005 will be available through Content Paradise and RuntimeDNA, promising to one of Poser's most extraordinary figures. Apollo Maximus will be compatibility with Poser 4 to Poser 6.[/quote] And another notable mention: [quote]Wardrobe Wizard from PhilC! Once in a while we come across a product that we feel offers an incredible service to our customers. If you use Poser youll want to check this out. Wardrobe Wizard, a joint project by PhilC Designs and Kamilche Consulting is a Poser plug in to convert conforming clothing models from one figure to another. The primary design criteria were; ease of use, flexibility and good results. Since its launch in May, user feedback has shown that for the most part this has been met, or according to some reports exceeded. Currently able to support in excess of forty Poser figures including the Poser 6 family and the soon to be released Apollo Maximus by Anton. The aim is to continue to support more figures so that never again will a Poser figure shiver in the cold due to lack of clothing. Full details are to be found here.[/quote]

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

mathman ( ) posted Thu, 09 June 2005 at 10:30 PM

Oh poo, you mean we have to wait another whole week ... ??

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 09 June 2005 at 10:44 PM

Well, at least now we have a date instead of "Soon!" :) Besides, it could be worse. They could have said the 18th :P

Dave ( ) posted Thu, 09 June 2005 at 11:19 PM

Yeah but it's been THREE weeks already since the first annoucement. And a week and a half since the Poser 6 SR1 that slowed down the release that time. GEEZ I'm getting tired of waiting. David

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 09 June 2005 at 11:40 PM

Quality takes time. I'd MUCH rather get something without issues, then have to wait for a service release for it.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

xoconostle ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2005 at 12:21 AM

Yep. Better to get it right than to rush it. At RDNA, Anton indicated that something about P6 SR1 prompted him to refine the figure a bit more.

byAnton ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2005 at 2:10 AM · edited Fri, 10 June 2005 at 2:11 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Attached Link: http://www.byanton.com

file_252852.jpg

:)

Hi there,

SR1 was fine. I didn't need to change anything. Just had to be sure nothing would need to change.

Sorry for the wait but it is actually a good thing. It ended up allowing me to add things.

Thanks being interested and patient? hehe. I do understand. We are all very excited though. And we are so happy with things. It is unfortunate that the competative climate has made it difficult to share more info.

Okay going back to my cave.... Have a great weekend.
Anton

Message edited on: 06/10/2005 02:11

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

odeathoflife ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2005 at 2:18 AM

Price? Includes? details man details...

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

mathman ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2005 at 4:00 AM

Can't wait, he looks fantastic. Actually, in the pic he looks like he is ready to pick a fight.

sparrowheart ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2005 at 6:30 AM

Yes, mathman, he has asked us NICELY to be patient, but if we won't be good about it, he has ways of making us OBEY. ;-) Seriously though...it's nice to have something to look forward to. And I know this big boy is going to be well worth the wait. Try to get at least SOME rest, Anton.

Dave ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2005 at 6:56 AM

Well I'm tired of waiting. I'm going off on vacation. So whatever...! I'm over it. David

beachnut ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2005 at 8:32 AM

Well, I'm NOT over swooning here.... **Waits patiently for this hunk :)

Dave ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2005 at 8:37 AM

It's not that I don't like him. I'm ready to have him in my arsenal. I'm just tired of being lead by the nose for when he's gonna be released. We keep getting teased that he might be released only to be told "Not yet". The time that aggravates me the most is when they placed a promo shot in the "What's new in the store" toolbar that appears on the right of the welcome page (the blue image). When I saw it I rushed to the store only to find him not there. It wasn't until after I b**ched that finally added a "coming soon" to that image. I'm sorry I know it's all marketing, but whatever happened to not pushing a product until the store had it in hand to sell in the first place? David

xoconostle ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2005 at 9:53 AM

Generating excitement in advance of a product's release is standard and common This isn't just any old product, so I can see why EFA and RDNA wanted to let people know about it in advance of its release. They even went so far as to give an estimated timeframe of "sometime within the next two weeks." OK, so it turns out to be three weeks. Is that so awful? By every evidence, this is going to be the most advanced human mesh for Poser yet; I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. It's not like, say, the teaser trailers for "The Da Vinci Code" that are being shown now. That movie won't be released for more than a year. Anyway, I trust that RDNA and Anton didn't mean to mislead anyone.

pdxjims ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2005 at 10:54 AM

Considering the high quality of Anton's past work, and the amazing look of Max, it's well worth the wait. Also a slightly longer wait will mean there will be more items available for him when he's released. ...and as Anton said, he's adding more to the package, so the wait is giving us more bang for the buck. The new textures being previewed at rDNA look great too. I'm just hoping Anton doesn't burn himself out. A new figure is a MAJOR project, especially one that looks as good as this one. I'll be starting a fetish set for him the day he comes out, as well as a fantasy set or 3.

cherokee69 ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2005 at 11:41 AM

"Also a slightly longer wait will mean there will be more items available for him when he's released." The problem I have with this wait is why do we have to wait for items made of it. Those will come anyway. Just release the figure if it's ready and we can get the addons when they are done. Don't make it so high priced with the figure and addons that it will make people think twice about buying it.

dirk5027 ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2005 at 11:44 AM

The problem I have with this figure is you aren't told anything about it, are the morphs inject like m3 or already loaded on the figure like m2.. is there 1 muscle dial, 2 muscle dials, no muscle dials and that is his default body?? Are the genitals seperate (m3) or attached (m2) How extreme can you change the face?? 4 morph dials, 100 dials?? All we keep hearing is he's the most "advanced human mesh" which really doesn't tell you anything. It's best to describe a product in detail, if people are expected to buy it AND we still have no clue at a base price or even an estimate. We might want him bad, go to purchase him and wind up in sticker shock No offense to Anton, just being honest

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2005 at 12:04 PM

It's a competative market. He already stated why they aren't posting large amount of detail at this time. Frankly I don't blame him. Maximus is a totally new, unique figure, and is apparently even constructed differently. I personally think that information should be kept secret and that he should put a trademark on it like Daz has done with the millennium figures. Anton has spent a long time creating this figure and he should do what he can to protect his design.

dirk5027 ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2005 at 12:14 PM

Anybody that wants to know how that figure is made can just purchase it to find out, a little late to worry about secrets, and i'm sure the poser world is such a competitive market, since when

Dave ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2005 at 12:32 PM

I'm sorry I have to agree with Cherokee69 on this one. I may be in the minority but what else is new? David

xoconostle ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2005 at 1:05 PM

It's cool David, I totally understand and share the anticipation; I didn't mean to shoot your view down, just to offer that it's going to be worth the wait. "All we keep hearing is he's the most "advanced human mesh" which really doesn't tell you anything." Well, I used those words based on what little I know about the figure, mostly from Anton's renders, which appear to indicate that some of the bend/joint issues we see with the Unimesh aren't a problem with ApolloMax, for example. If I could and if Anton permitted, I would have been more specific. Acadia's points about the design and Anton's mention of competition are no doubt salient. At least we have a solid release date now. If they miss it, I'll join y'all in grumbling. :-)

SWAMP ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2005 at 1:14 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains violence

file_252853.jpg

Said one vulture to another vulture.. "Yea, Im impatient, but screw this waiting around.... Im going to go kill something".

byAnton ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2005 at 1:43 PM

You guys need to breath and not take the wait personally. It's okay and noone was led by the nose. Hang in there. I despise marketing gimmicks and we have been honest in why we needed to wait.. just relax. It's all good I promise. :) Thanks and have a great weekend!

"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Alisa ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2005 at 2:14 PM

I'm also wondering about his pricetag, but he looks amazing!!! I'll try and be patient till his official release :-)

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2005 at 2:17 PM

Anton, that texture is awesome!

Dave ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2005 at 2:31 PM

Forgive my cynicism but I've been burned before. Not long ago I brokered with DAZ for a hair piece. I submitted it and they turned around and bought it. Took bout a month for them to finally give the green light. They had it all ready to go and gave me access to the file so that I could see if all was well before they made it public. Looked fine to me so I told them ok. Then the item waited in the hopper for 6 months while they waited for another broker to make textures for it. Everytime I enquired about the progress I either got no answer or a "soon". So when someone else says "soon" I cringe... David

byAnton ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2005 at 2:40 PM

Thanks! His mapping allows resolution grater than other figures but with smaller maps. So a 3000 Apollo Face map allows greater res than a 5000 head map on other figures. In regards to pricing, clothing pics, etc: Another site is checking the site regularly daily for info on pricing, clothing and features.. For that reason, we are not pre-releasing that info.

byAnton ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2005 at 2:45 PM

David, I wish he was out today too. :) I do undertsand but please relax. It is going to be fine.. I promise. noone is going to get burned. We are already down to almost 6 days. :)

ziggie ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2005 at 6:30 PM

"...and as Anton said, he's adding more to the package,.." Whoohoo.... 3 testicles..? ;-)

"You don't have to be mad to use Poser... but it helps"

byAnton ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2005 at 7:17 PM

lol

hauksdottir ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2005 at 9:24 PM

Ziggie! I just knocked the cat off my lap when I choked over that image. Given the triple breast morph for Natalia and the 6-pack breast morph for Posette, it isn't THAT unreasonable. Carolly

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.