Thu, Sep 19, 5:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:39 am)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Release Schedule: Dystopian

Moebius87 ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2005 at 3:22 AM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 4:59 PM

file_252881.jpg

**Dystopian Way Stations** This product is schedule for release on **Monday, July 18, 2005**.

Design and concept are derived from familiar forms adapted to fit in with the Dystopia series of products. While the original City Blocks are meant to be used as background props to help fill in the gaps in your sci-fi urbanscape, these detailed models allow you to take the experience and adventure to a more intimate scale. Whether your characters are waiting for something, going off somewhere, or running from someone, these Way Stations provide you with an exceptional transitional environment.

The awesome textures for this product are provided by Lyrra, and you can see her progress in this image in her gallery.

Thank you all very much for your input, your feedback, your support and all your encouragement.

Cheers! MMessage edited on: 06/10/2005 03:25

Mind Over Matter
"If you don't mind, then it don't matter."

Moebius87 ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2005 at 3:37 AM

file_252882.jpg

As you can see, we have been trying to add a slight sense of functionality to this set. I've created a "route map" for this sector as provided by **DysTrans** (*Dystopia Transport Systems* the interstellar transportation system of Dystopia, whose lame tagline in Latin reads *"sic itur ad astra"*, or "this is the way to the stars". Pretty obvious what they do). This particular display gets called up as a floating screen embedded in the plassteel panels in some of the Way Stations. One of the units also has a dispensing machine. What exactly it dispenses can be left up to the imagination. :o) Cheers! M

Mind Over Matter

Xena ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2005 at 6:23 AM

I'm really looking forward to this release :) Awesome stuff Moe!

sturkwurk ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2005 at 7:01 AM

Chills running down my spine Moe... can't wait to render!

I came, I rendered, I'm still broke.

jarm ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2005 at 11:40 AM

Already got ideas for these. How about a modular monorail system to stop and go from the stations ;-)

stonemason ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2005 at 9:13 PM

most impressive work master Moebius :) your attention to detail is outstanding. Well done!! Cheers Stefan

Cg Society Portfolio

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2005 at 10:07 PM

I second the monorail (or mag-lev) system idea. But I suppose that could be a separate release. This looks great Moe!

FatCatAlley.net | Now Playingย "SpaceCat 5" Parts 1 and 2

Moebius87 ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2005 at 10:46 PM ยท edited Fri, 10 June 2005 at 10:50 PM

Thanks for the suggestion... and believe me that I have been toying with the idea of a monorail/meglev mass transit system, but...

I am trying to decide how the traffic of Dystopia should be zoned. Personally, I like walking, so pedestrian traffic in this city is a where most of the ground level interaction takes place which incidentally works very well for an upcoming series I am working on with stonemason. Underground mass transit traffic will take place in the first five to ten subterranean levels along with all the basic wiring and piping utilities lines. So yes, you can expect a Dystopian Underground eventually.

Vehicular ground level traffic will be pretty much devoted to personal services related movement... including short-hop hover shuttle services between the major starports. Low zone air traffic is for personal civilian travel. Medium zone air traffic space is usually reserved for bulk transport. And finally high zone air traffic would be reserved space for priority vehicles... like medical transports, military transports... royalty... that sort of thing.

So, the above ground maglev/monorail sort of configuration doesn't quite fit in with this vision. I hope that doesn't disappoint, but there is a method to this ongoing madness. :o)

Cheers! MMessage edited on: 06/10/2005 22:50

Mind Over Matter

Huolong ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2005 at 7:35 AM

"including short-hop hover shuttle services between the major starports. Low zone air traffic is for personal civilian travel. Medium zone air traffic space is usually reserved for bulk transport. And finally high zone air traffic would be reserved space for priority vehicles... like medical transports, military transports... royalty... that sort of thing." YES!

Gordon

Moebius87 ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2005 at 11:31 AM

file_252884.jpg

As requested by a friend in chat, who wanted to see how clean the underlying geometry was... a wire mesh screencap for you. :o) Rest assured the mesh is clean and free of n-gons, and all vertices are split where they need to be for sharp corners as required by earlier versions of Poser. Cheers! M

Mind Over Matter

Moebius87 ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2005 at 11:45 AM

file_252885.jpg

As requested, another wire cap... :o) M

Mind Over Matter

Lyrra ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2005 at 2:21 PM

Ih the mesh the mesh is clean .. but fiddly. Moe really outdid himself on detail in these .. I think people who've been asking for closup stuff will be very happy. I did my best to make maps that would hold up to close inspection as well. Took me a while to uvmap everything nice and tidy. Poor Moe got to hear me cussing for weeks lol Right now I have these set up as regular props (pp2) I dont see any need for them to be cr2's. Only one texture set each, but I did make sure that the poster, vending machine ad and the display screens are on separate maps so they should be easy to change to anything you want. (like adding your character's "Wanted Dead or Alive" bulletin to the news stream)

sturkwurk ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2005 at 4:03 PM

Will these be a Daz release? Similar price to the Landing Pad? Doug

Lyrra ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2005 at 4:42 PM

file_252886.jpg

heres some textured closeups (poser4 & 5 renders)

Lyrra ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2005 at 4:54 PM

file_252888.jpg

and another this time of building c

Philywebrider ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2005 at 6:02 PM

When? Where?

ElorOnceDark ( ) posted Mon, 13 June 2005 at 10:14 PM

Looks very cool! Love the transit map, and the grafitti details!

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Tue, 14 June 2005 at 8:21 AM

Yep, grafitti is a must. Even in Dystopia, there are the dys-enfranchised, dys-illusioned, and dys-satisfied. (wink) Great job guys!

Richard T ( ) posted Mon, 20 June 2005 at 9:19 PM

Cannot wait!

Moebius87 ( ) posted Tue, 21 June 2005 at 12:24 PM

Thank you all very much for your continued interest and support! :o) I'm hoping that we can persuade Lyrra to release the set sooner, but one can only hope... specially after the uvmapping horrors that I put her through... :oP Yes, Chuck... dys-gusting city that it is... with dys-ease and dys-content floating all over the place... good grafitti is an absolute must. One must turn to artistic expression to fend off dys-pair. :oP Cheers! M

Mind Over Matter

Moebius87 ( ) posted Sun, 26 June 2005 at 10:34 AM

So what happens when the Dystopian Way Stations are all done? Check out this post. Cheers! M

Mind Over Matter

thip ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 3:25 PM

Why are you wasting your time in our Ken-and-Barbie world when you ought to be doing urban and product design for $$$ ? Just kiddin' - I'm HAPPY you are willing to waste your talent here ;o)

Moebius87 ( ) posted Tue, 19 July 2005 at 8:03 AM ยท edited Tue, 19 July 2005 at 8:04 AM

Now available...
Thank you all very much for your patience and your continued support. I hope that you will be satisfied with this product.

Cheers! MMessage edited on: 07/19/2005 08:04

Mind Over Matter

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Tue, 19 July 2005 at 8:33 AM

Can't locate it.

jarm ( ) posted Tue, 19 July 2005 at 9:08 AM

Well...there goes some more money...as per usual.

sturkwurk ( ) posted Tue, 19 July 2005 at 10:00 AM

Sorry Moe, I can't find it yet: must be a little delayed? Doug

Moebius87 ( ) posted Tue, 19 July 2005 at 10:11 AM

Ooops... my apologies, folks... in my excitement and haste, I failed to inform you that Lyrra has released it over at DAZ. Cheers! M

Mind Over Matter

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Tue, 19 July 2005 at 10:15 AM

Can't see it. Search for "dystop" doesn't turn it up (but it turns up all the other things).

jarm ( ) posted Tue, 19 July 2005 at 10:46 AM

I love the rabid foaming mouths of Dystopia fans, we are all so addicted we can't stand to wait a second longer than necessary... Must...have....more...must...have...dystopic things mmmm.....dystopia

Lyrra ( ) posted Wed, 20 July 2005 at 2:08 PM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=3477

there ya go .. fresh and shiny over at DAZ3d :) well .... okay .. the packaging is fresh and shiny the buildings themselves could stand a good wash and a bucket of bleach.... Lyrra

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.