Mon, Sep 9, 4:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Oops!!! ............. HELLO !!! ................. ;=] ............

geep ( ) posted Tue, 14 June 2005 at 9:36 AM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 8:05 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=2063281

Hi Folks, (again) Ok, I finally got all the egg wiped off of my face and I need to apologize ... **... BIG TIME!** I am very sorry that I did the post "GOOD-BYE !!! ................. ;=[ ............ " 2 days ago ... it was premature. *Note - Having looked at other websites, Renderosity still comes up on the top of the list for Dr Geep.* I have, also, found out that my cable company is in the process of switching over to fiber optics from the old copper co-ax cable. This is (and has been) causing a large part of the "slowness" problem that I am experiencing. I did not realize that this "slowness" was affecting other websites because I seldom "go" anywhere else. Yeah, yeah, I know, pretty shallow life, right? Hey, you do your "thing" and I'll do mine .............. ok? Ok! .......... ;=] Anywhooooo ... if I wizzed ya off, I am sorry and you can still feel free to ... email me ... **geep@cableone.net** ... and cuss me out (or whatever). In the meantime, I shall just have to suffer with the delays ... maybe a purring cat on the lap would help. (Thanks Carolly) cheers, (once again) dr geep <-------------------------------------------- (will always be here at Renderosity in spirit) ;=] P.S. If you email me, please don't holler too loud because my tuts are still here even if I'm not, which I am, so me AND the tuts are still here (attached link) so if you bookmarked 'em or even if you didn't, you can get to 'em through the Poser Backroom. (click the link in the box at the top of the Poser Forum) **" Poser Backroom -- Poser Community Page"**

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Tue, 14 June 2005 at 9:44 AM

Good to hear you're back, Doc. ;-)

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

Mec4D ( ) posted Tue, 14 June 2005 at 10:24 AM

Our Doc. get frustrated but I think right, because renderosity is the slowest website on the Internet especially around 5:00 PM 7:00 PM CST (GMT-6) I don't even try to surf the gallery... but fine ........ If you don't have what you like, you have to like what you have!!!............ Hugs! Cath

"Surrender to what it is - Let go of what was - Have faith in what will be "

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 14 June 2005 at 11:32 AM

well thank heavens for that..;) welcome back, Kotter..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Alisa ( ) posted Tue, 14 June 2005 at 11:42 AM

I hope no one will cuss you out. I think the mood was sad rather than mad :-) Very glad you're back and hope your cable issues get sorted out soon!!! Cheers, Alisa

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

Starkdog ( ) posted Tue, 14 June 2005 at 11:44 AM

So Dr. Geep, Did you find the pool relaxing? I see that it helped to cool you down. Welcome back to the nut house. -the Starkdog

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 14 June 2005 at 11:59 AM

Be careful of that cat..........the cat at my office always purrs just before she chomps down.

She's probably purring in anticipation of the taste.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

beachnut ( ) posted Tue, 14 June 2005 at 12:15 PM

Ahhh Geep welcome home! So glad you've decided to stay. :)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 14 June 2005 at 1:11 PM

I won't be blaming you, Doc. This site is slow enough to make a saint swear at times. Good to see you're still hanging here, though. :)

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

vilian ( ) posted Tue, 14 June 2005 at 1:17 PM

Doc, good to have you back ! Yeah, I remember when my net provider was switching over to optic fibers. Never seen such a slow connection in my life... Anyway, welcome back :)

Outdated gallery over at DeviantArt

Fics at FanFiction.net and Archive of Our Own (AO3)

Bobasaur ( ) posted Tue, 14 June 2005 at 1:56 PM · edited Tue, 14 June 2005 at 2:04 PM

You say "Goodbye" and I say "Hello, hello, hello".
I don't know why you say "Goodbye", I say "Hello, hello, hello".
I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello.
I say "High", you say "Low".
You say "Why?" And I say "I don't know".
Oh no.
You say "Goodbye" and I say "Hello, hello, hello".
I don't know why you say "Goodbye", I say "Hello, hello, hello".
(Hello, goodbye, hello, goodbye. Hello, goodbye.)
I don't know why you say "Goodbye", I say "Hello".
(Hello, goodbye, hello, goodbye. Hello, goodbye. Hello, goodbye.)
Why, why, why, why, why, why, do you
say "Goodbye, goodbye, bye, bye".
Oh no.

(Lennon/McCartney)

Doc.
Life is smoother when you sing! At least as long as the neighbors can't hear you ...

Maybe we should do a short animated feature of you and the gang singing "The Slow Info Flow Blues."

Hmmm. I wonder if NSG is a Bass or a Tenor? Maybe he yodels? And doesn't it just send shivers down your spine to imagine Annie Lennox's sexy voice coming from Miss Posey ("Sweet Dreams Are Made Of These")

Oh My Gosh! I was just struck in the head with a horrific thought (nothing unusual there - only I'm sharing it which is something I usually know better than to do). What if we got Boy George to do NSG's voice and had him throw in a couple of lines from, "Do you really want to hurt me?"

And maybe Bob Newhart could voice "the Doc."

Message edited on: 06/14/2005 14:03 for typos and stupidity

Message edited on: 06/14/2005 14:04

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

geep ( ) posted Tue, 14 June 2005 at 2:47 PM

Thanks guys (& gals). Please know that your posts here are all appreciated very much. It is always nice to know that one is not just posting into the ether of the internet. ....... ;=] cheers, dr geep ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

geep ( ) posted Tue, 14 June 2005 at 2:48 PM

BTW - NaySayGuy's voice ... it's um, sort of like, um ... nails on a chalk board ... only worse. ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

Mycrofted ( ) posted Tue, 14 June 2005 at 2:58 PM

welcome back. Your tuts have been lifesavers.

KarenJ ( ) posted Tue, 14 June 2005 at 3:15 PM

Welcome back, Doc. Sooooo glad to see you! :o)

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 14 June 2005 at 3:27 PM

So glad you aren't leaving :) And I doubt anyone would yell at you either. We all say things in haste out of frustration. Venting is a good thing. Welcome back :)

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

agape ( ) posted Tue, 14 June 2005 at 3:33 PM

......and hey doc, someone you know says, "Arise Lion of Judah, and rooooooooooooar!" heheheeee! Glad you're back! I couldn't do "this" without you!!!

geep ( ) posted Tue, 14 June 2005 at 3:42 PM

Shalom! ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

diolma ( ) posted Tue, 14 June 2005 at 4:26 PM

/me sends the Good Doctor two miles of wet string, just in case of future failures.. :-)) And WB Geep! Cheers Diolma

cherokee69 ( ) posted Tue, 14 June 2005 at 5:00 PM

;=]

geep ( ) posted Tue, 14 June 2005 at 6:33 PM

;=] ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

destro75 ( ) posted Tue, 14 June 2005 at 8:20 PM

There is a God! Welcome back Doc! (Not that any of us hoped you ever really left ;-) But I think to make up for it, we need a dozen tuts! Just kidding, it's great to hear you are here to stay!

Kristta ( ) posted Tue, 14 June 2005 at 8:36 PM

great big hugs and a huge kiss Glad you are still here!

DaveK ( ) posted Tue, 14 June 2005 at 9:21 PM

I'm glad you're back!

Jovial ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 1:31 AM

Hi Dr Geep,
Glad you are back. The forums would have been somewhat less interesting and less colourful, without your input. It is like having an adult around to watch and supervise all the children at play. Perhaps you can use your annoyance at Rosity speed (which is often way too slow even if you have a good ISP and broadband) to fight for some site improvements from the management. Just don't hold your breath though, as my suggestions and requests to the community forum have indeed disappeared into the ether.
Kind regards.

CODY ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 8:36 AM

Whew!!!!!!

Tiari ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 11:52 AM

curse you? good lords no! I'll pounce ya! Your awesome my friend, your help is priceless! Glad you're here, and we'll nail ya down to keep it that way! xxooxxoo

XFX3d ( ) posted Thu, 16 June 2005 at 12:14 AM

You might find less people bitch about you doing this (mostly at other sites) if you wouldn't do this. Some people have interepreted this sort of thing as social manipulation and a pathetic pity ploy.

I'm the asshole. You wanna be a shit? You gotta go through ME.

geep ( ) posted Thu, 16 June 2005 at 6:50 AM

Aw shucks, ya caught me. ;=]

Ya finally figgered out that this was just "social manipulation and a pathetic pity ploy."

Did it work? .................. You decide.

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

geep ( ) posted Thu, 16 June 2005 at 6:54 AM

Other sites? ......... What other sites? There are other sites besides Renderosity? ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

Casette ( ) posted Thu, 16 June 2005 at 8:38 AM

GOOOOOOOOOD!!!!! DOC, WELCOME ABOARD AGAIN!!! MY HAMSTER IS DANCING!!!!! "There are other sites besides Renderosity?" Uh ... nah? Then ... where are Im surfing? Am I dead? I see a light .............

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

shedofjoy ( ) posted Thu, 16 June 2005 at 5:56 PM

I do believe the flowers at Rosity are now back in full bloom.... HORAH for your return Geep. even though it was 2 days it was still hell.. Welcome back to the warm bossom of renderosity.

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

Kristta ( ) posted Thu, 16 June 2005 at 7:41 PM

Casette.......here lil hamster.....come here lil hamster.....

Casette ( ) posted Fri, 17 June 2005 at 2:58 AM

Kristta: ROFLMAO :D

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

Kristta ( ) posted Fri, 17 June 2005 at 3:57 AM

I'm always here......waiting for a little hamster. ;) kristta

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.