Sat, Oct 5, 11:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:41 am)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: what happened to the GVCS?

Midnightposer ( ) posted Thu, 16 June 2005 at 12:43 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 11:26 AM

Does anyone have any idea what happened to the Ground Vehicle Construction Set that was in the works back in March? I sent a PM to Davo about a week ago but did not get a response. Is Davo still around? I was really looking forward to this set. Mid

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Thu, 16 June 2005 at 1:17 PM

I just e-mailed him. maybe he'll respond :) I'm wanting those ground vehical parts too

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Thu, 16 June 2005 at 2:13 PM

He replied. :) he is still hard at work on the GVCS, and will drop in later to say hi.

William ( ) posted Thu, 16 June 2005 at 2:15 PM

I've been wondering what Davo has been working on as well since all of his work is worth getting. The ground vehicle set should be the same...and I've been hanging out as well.

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Thu, 16 June 2005 at 2:22 PM

I've been wondering what Davo has been working on as well I got a bit of a sneak peek... we will all be quite pleased ;-)

Midnightposer ( ) posted Thu, 16 June 2005 at 3:42 PM

Thanks for the info Tyger_purr :)

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Fri, 17 June 2005 at 1:22 AM

Cool! Drool cloth at the ready!

FatCatAlley.net | Now Playing "SpaceCat 5" Parts 1 and 2

onimusha ( ) posted Fri, 17 June 2005 at 2:37 PM

Waiting patiently... I have most of his other stuff and use it constantly...

davo ( ) posted Fri, 17 June 2005 at 3:33 PM

file_255592.jpg

Hi Everybody!! Sorry I've dropped under the radar the last couple months. I've been real busy with the GVCS, it's in the texture base stage right now (a special process before it's given colors) and man, it's taking a long time because there is so much to it. I've also had to take a break from the GVCS and work on a project that was needed rather quickly. Here's a few preview images of it. It's called Frontier Station and should be available early July. This will not be sold at Daz, but with a new company that I'm doing more and more work for. Cheers, Davo

davo ( ) posted Fri, 17 June 2005 at 3:34 PM

more

file_255593.jpg

more

file_255595.jpg

more

davo ( ) posted Fri, 17 June 2005 at 3:37 PM

file_255596.jpg

more

onimusha ( ) posted Fri, 17 June 2005 at 4:34 PM

Holy cow and a half!

William ( ) posted Fri, 17 June 2005 at 10:11 PM

Oh I can see many uses for this. Very nice. Good story telling potential with this. Keep up the previews please Davo as things progress.

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Sat, 18 June 2005 at 10:10 AM

file_255599.jpg

Size reference

Walt Sterdan ( ) posted Sat, 18 June 2005 at 10:45 AM

"Early July"??? Who the heck can wait that long! Speed it up man, we're not going to live forever. ;-) Lookin' great; as always, credit card standing by... -- Walt Sterdan, Freelance

ghoyle1 ( ) posted Sun, 19 June 2005 at 10:35 AM

Yay Davo! I was starting to go into withdrawal. I need to start selling some of my redundant organs so I'll have the $$$ to buy this! Guy

DrOsborn ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2005 at 10:58 AM

Hi Davo. Nice images of the central core. Is there corridors and rooms along the outer ring and can you post an image of them? DrOsborn

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2005 at 11:28 AM

Hope davo doesnt mind me jumping in here... There arn't any corridors or rooms in the ring...in the current version I am working with, but there are more parts for the core. I am setting up some cr2s to insert furnature and parts into the rooms based on S.F.C.S. Equipment Pack, S.F.C.S. II (beds, lockers, kitchen, med bay etc), S.F.C.S Sci-fi Construction Set, and even F.V.C.S. Flight Vehicle Construction Set. This set, like Davo's other sets, is modular and there is always the posibility that expansion sets will be added in the future. I'll try to post some more pictures this evening. :)

davo ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2005 at 11:38 AM

Hi Guys, The outter ring module (curved portion, not the portion with the bay doors) is just an exterior prop. As Tyger_purr mentioned, this is a modular construction set (with pre-assembled sets included so you don't have to do all the work), and I do have plans for a ring segment version that does have an interior corridor/rooms built in. That ring segment will be in an expansion pack as well as other room modules. I also have plans for a larger cargo bay that will be able to fit the lcv1 ship inside. The company that I am building this station for has already requested expansion packs with items that have been mentioned here :-) We all think alike ^_^ Tyger_purr has been setting up some cool pre assembled rooms that use the SFCS-II and SFCS Equipment pack from Daz. That's one of the reasons I made the SFCS-II and Equipment pack ahead of time, so that past and future products I make will be able to be populated by them. And, so you all know, I'm working deleriously on the GVCS, it's taking a long time because there is a lot of elements that need texturing, it's slow going, but will be able to be integrated perfectly with the FVCS so you can build many more custom ships from this package. After this GVCS is finished, I'm going to start doing stand alone vehicles that match style and texturing, but will be able to be produced much faster and without so much tedious work. Cheers, Davo

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2005 at 9:12 PM

file_255600.jpg

pardon my render settings :-)

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2005 at 9:12 PM

file_255602.jpg

there not quite where i want them

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2005 at 9:13 PM

file_255603.jpg

but there getting better

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2005 at 9:59 PM

file_255605.jpg

humm lets see...take Module 2

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2005 at 9:59 PM

file_255607.jpg

add a floor

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2005 at 10:00 PM

file_255610.jpg

central wall

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2005 at 10:09 PM

file_255611.jpg

add the other interior walls rotating them into place (they y rotate around the stations center). I use 0, 90, 180, and 270.

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2005 at 10:14 PM

file_255612.jpg

add some more floors and move them into place for ceiling and lower lever.

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2005 at 10:16 PM

actualy i have cr2 that will drop all those walls and floors in at once, but i wanted to show you the various parts.

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2005 at 10:17 PM

file_255614.jpg

add in a pre set up room and grab it by its nullbase and move it up and rotate it into place. the nullbase will allow you to move all the furnature of the room and rotate it around the center of the station.

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2005 at 10:40 PM

file_255615.jpg

add rooms till your heart is content...or your computer begs for mercy :)

Walt Sterdan ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2005 at 10:48 PM

Okay, now you're just being mean, you tease. "Early July"? Wouldn't "Late June" be better? ;-) -- Walt Sterdan, Freelance

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2005 at 10:56 PM

file_255617.jpg

oh, please...im just getting started :)

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2005 at 10:57 PM

file_255618.jpg

onimusha ( ) posted Fri, 24 June 2005 at 3:16 PM · edited Fri, 24 June 2005 at 3:20 PM

You evil pernicious fiends!!!!

You tempt us with these renders!!!

You make us wait an untold amount of time for this product!!!

My heart will bleed until its release...

:) In other words, this is really cool and I can't wait until it comes out...

Message edited on: 06/24/2005 15:20

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Sun, 26 June 2005 at 12:06 AM

file_255619.jpg

ok gotta tease you with one more....

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Sun, 26 June 2005 at 12:07 AM

file_255620.jpg

i really like the way it turned out

William ( ) posted Sun, 26 June 2005 at 3:02 AM

Glad I checked out this thread again. This is looking great! Being a fan of the origin Space Family Robinson comic from way back when as soon as I saw the first renders I thought of the space station they live in. And I was going to ask Davo about designing a hangar bay for "space mobiles". Not as large as one he's planning for the LCV1, maybe a material zone or even a door for a module on the outer ring?

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Sun, 26 June 2005 at 7:41 AM

(always someone who has to say something negative) I wonder how much of a problem that moire' pattern is going to be (seen in a number of renderings of the floor grid). I realize it might have required a lot of ability to look in the future (smile) but a wonderful curved station that takes square/straight-lined modules. Not as "clean" a fit as I would like to have seen. Wish there was more room in the "rooms" (grin) like one finds on the set of movies. By this, I mean movie sets are by design more roomy than the actual item/room/place to facilitate easier filming. This looks like it will require a lot of wide-angle shots. Now, before I get flamed, you can put me on the list to purchase (as I usually get all Davo's stuff if I have the money). It looks really yummy!

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Sun, 26 June 2005 at 11:05 AM · edited Sun, 26 June 2005 at 11:12 AM

I mean movie sets are by design more roomy than the actual item/room/place to facilitate easier filming.

This set, like davos other sets are made to allow you to turn off parts (walls, ceilings, floors) to help in camera angles.

all the cylindrical parts (except the very top bit) are divided into quarters that can be turned off as needed. all the floors are likewise divided. The four interior walls can also be hidden independently.

The corridor parts (between the ring and core) are also divided into top, walls, and floor so that you can get the optimal camera angle. the top piece you can turn off the windows independently.

Message edited on: 06/26/2005 11:12

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Sun, 26 June 2005 at 11:14 AM

"all the cylindrical parts are divided into quarters that can be turned off as needed" I'm a bit dense sometimes so, could you explain what this means? Are you refering to the vertical cylinders used in the construction? Thanks!

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Sun, 26 June 2005 at 11:23 AM

refer to post 11 the cut away. the central core modules. they are cut into 4 so that you can turn off 1/4, 1/2 or even 3/4 if you need. sorry for the confusion.

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Sun, 26 June 2005 at 11:33 AM

Thanks, Tyger_purr. Confusion on my part, Im sure.

Walt Sterdan ( ) posted Sat, 02 July 2005 at 12:22 PM

Okay, we're officially into "Early July" -- where is it, how much? Come on, here, we're burnin' daylight! A few more days and we're into "Mid July", and you don't want to miss your launch window, right? -- Walt Sterdan, Freelance and Impatient... ;-)

VI_Knight ( ) posted Mon, 18 July 2005 at 6:12 PM

Can't believe i hadn't seen this thread before. This set looks so awesome. DROOL!!!!! Money all ready for it. :)

martydog ( ) posted Mon, 18 July 2005 at 6:20 PM

Awesome! jaw drops open

Ikyoto ( ) posted Mon, 18 July 2005 at 9:53 PM

Well, it takes alot for me to say this but... GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME (deep breath) GIMME GIMME GIMME! (repete until delivered) Davo - I've said it before and will say it again - Top notch work. There are people who shold take note and give you a job working for the effects companies so the movies out there stop looking like sad copies of each other.

VI_Knight ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 12:43 PM

i totally agree. now where is it? :)

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 1:46 PM

It's at DAZ as of yesterday when I looked.

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 1:48 PM

I think VI_Knight is asking about the space station. which is not at DAZ. The GVCS is though.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.