Wed, Sep 25, 1:16 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 25 2:51 am)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Dystopian

Moebius87 ( ) posted Sun, 26 June 2005 at 10:28 AM · edited Wed, 25 September 2024 at 1:15 PM

file_261399.jpg

**Dystopian Urban Furniture** Shown here are a few pieces from an urban furniture pack that I am developing for an upcoming street level environment kit for **Dystopia**. At left are a few communication pylons, then some advertising display stands, a communication booth with the privacy shield down set to transparent, then a few lamp posts. While relatively high level in detailing, these meshes are modeled very efficiently, resulting in optimized render times. Textures for this particular set will be provided by [stonemason](http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.ez?Who=stonemason). Along with the [** Dystopian Way Stations**](http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=2295423) this kit further expands the street level environments of **Dystopia**. Any comments, input, criticsm or feedback are most welcome here. Thank you very much. Cheers! M

Mind Over Matter
"If you don't mind, then it don't matter."

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sun, 26 June 2005 at 10:31 AM

Awesome stuff :)

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Sun, 26 June 2005 at 10:59 AM

Oh, YEAH!

Philywebrider ( ) posted Sun, 26 June 2005 at 11:37 AM

MachineClaw ( ) posted Sun, 26 June 2005 at 1:02 PM

Great stuff as always. Where is the bar, been a while.

Lyrra ( ) posted Sun, 26 June 2005 at 2:00 PM

seaayre ( ) posted Sun, 26 June 2005 at 3:22 PM

Looks fabulous. :)

Richard T ( ) posted Sun, 26 June 2005 at 4:52 PM

It's on my wish list!

movida ( ) posted Sun, 26 June 2005 at 8:36 PM

I'm waitin on the bar too :)

ElorOnceDark ( ) posted Sun, 26 June 2005 at 9:57 PM

Very cool looking Moe! Love those lamp posts!

Moebius87 ( ) posted Sun, 26 June 2005 at 10:05 PM

file_261400.jpg

A few more renders showing some of the details in the untextured mesh. Clockwise from top left: the communication booth with the privacy shield up; console details of the communication booth; details of the lamp post; and, finally, details of the communication pylon. Cheers! M*P.S. Good to see you, movida! It's been a really long time. Just wanted you to know that I haven't forgotten that you were one of the very, very, very first artists to use **Dystopia** in a render... 2-3(?) years ago. MachineClaw Ajax is away on business this weekend, but we are hoping to release **Dystopia Destinations: Hyperion** on or before Monday, July 18, 2005. There's a lot of products I am hoping to release by then because it's a significant date (according to my fianc since it's her birthday) and I may not be around for a week or two. Thanks for your patience. :o)*

Mind Over Matter

stonemason ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 12:06 AM

sweeeeet!!! :o)

Cg Society Portfolio

caleb68 ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 1:17 AM

texture texture texture!!!!! gotta have texture!!! texture can make or break a model. Doesn't matter how good the model is, if the texture is bad it can detour the customer from buying it. Great modeling moe, looking forward to seeing the finished product ( like the library ). well anyhow, night, have a good one, and thanks for your helpful advice moe, if I forgot to thank you in chat.

Fredy ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 1:29 AM

Moebius I want to live in your future world. This is so cool looking!

Flak ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 2:14 AM

Very cool work. You're going to have to start making some Dystopian vehicles soon to fill the streets/skies and run over the pedestrians.

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

Moebius87 ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 2:42 AM

"Vee-hee-kewls"? Whaddat? :oP M

Mind Over Matter

Moebius87 ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 3:27 AM

file_261401.jpg

A few more renders of untextured meshes... clockwise from top left: another view of the communication booth with the privacy shield down; detail view of a light pylon/obelisk; standard bollards, a bench and a light pylon/obelisk; and, lastly, a rear view of the communication booth, this time with the privacy shield up. Cheers! M

Mind Over Matter

kromekat ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 4:58 AM

Fantastic designs and models once again moe!! - the Dystopia range is becoming quite epic! ;) How about some wire frame renders!? As for additional items to consider... apart from vehicles... simple stuff like; railings, traffic lights, food van/booth/bar (like Bladerunner) bus shelters, waste bins, computer terminals etc !? Adam

Adam Benton | www.kromekat.com

movida ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 7:25 AM

I have good taste huh Moe :)

ratracer ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 10:13 AM

This is truly first-class! Many hollywood movies would need you as a production designer!

jarm ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 1:53 PM

Very nice and will be very useful too.

thip ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 3:21 PM

I agree completely with the comments above - this is sheer Hollywood stuff!!! One thing you might want to consider (something I read about in a mag about Japanese inventors' ideas, I forget what mag it was). Instead of putting a cop on every corner, the vision was to have an "automated" cop, a sort of stationary booth or column with surveillance cams, communications, and of course a nice friendly interface to help law-abiding citizens and tourists find their way about the city. It had a fancy japanese name, but was - inevitably - dubbed an "APM", or automated policing machine. Goes without saying that a version with self-defense capabilities was envisioned, too!

Moebius87 ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 6:53 PM

Thank you all very much for your feedback and support! :o) kromekat Thanks for dropping in, Adam! :o) I am definitely taking notes here, chief. I dunno if you've noticed though, but I do have the bus stations covered with another set, the Dystopian Waystations. The noodle shop is going to be a must model item... too much fun not to do. I'm going to watch the movie "Tampopo" again to get some set-up ideas and then modernize it. Hey, I even have a name for it... "Ronin Ramen". :oP thip That idea sounds like it would fit in very well with this series. :o) I don't want to make it too multi-purpose as this would make the DCU (Dystopian Constabulary Unit) outfits a bit redundant. :oP It's too good an idea to bundle in with this pack. I'll have to save that concept for a later release so folks will have something special to look forward to. Cheers! M

Mind Over Matter

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 7:43 PM

How about road distr...construction pylons, baricades and signs :)

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

Bastinado ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 11:53 PM

Hey man. The products look fantastic, and I can't wait to see the textured version. If you are working on street sets, though, I reckon it would be VERY handy to have some modular detritus going out with each set. When I'm setting up scenes, one of the things I want that just doesn't seem to exist anywhere is little piles of background crap. Rubbish, and litter, and little things like vents, and manhole covers, and stray newspapers, and dogshit, and boxes, and a stray shoe, and all the bits and pieces that end up cluttering streets. I don't know if such a thing is possible, but some sort of modular approach to the density of litter would be cool -- does that make sense? But man - you are the KING of this stuff.

deci6el ( ) posted Tue, 28 June 2005 at 12:02 AM

Oh, yeah Baby! Sign me up! I dare not make any suggestion that could slow down the release date as it could come in handy soon. My current 'street crap" includes, newspaper machines, vending machines, trash cans, mail boxes, currently too distant to be seen. Might be a couple of repeats but here goes some suggestions: Street signs (parking, loading etc) , parking ticket vendors, Walk/Don't Walk signals, Traffic lights, pedestrian barriers, fire hydrants. I noticed you're steering clear of any cables in your street lamps. Just looking at my Tokyo pics, there's lots of transformers and cables hanging off of stuff. But I can also understand, while it is Dystopia, it's also a more future, rather than retro look. So, this was just brain-storming as requested. Looking at most of the stuff on my list I don't see why I couldn't do some of that stuff (like a street sign) myself . The traffic lights or fire hydrant could be something where you would want the design to stay consistant. It's all very cool and I eagerly await its release. I'm sure Stonemason is gonna make some wicked textures. good luck and thanks for the heads up, don

Teyon ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 3:25 PM

These look great. Once I get my new PC today I will be able to give more detailed critique but looking good so far.

Modulok ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 5:53 PM

So far so good. Your modeling style is easy to pick out, and very cool at that ;) I'll try to think of some other props that haven't been mentioned here in the next few days... -Modulok-

Teyon ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 11:25 PM

What would garbage receptacles (sp?) in Dystopia look like? How about the odd Newstand/Storefront. Hover-bus/Sky-Taxi stations? Hmmm.... :) All in all, it's great work my friend. The only thing I can suggest is to add the odd outer cable and/or antennae to some of the props. Even the most utopian futuristic city wouldn't be able to manage without some level of wear and tear.

Teyon ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 11:26 PM

oops...scratch the attennae thingie...helps if I look a little closer at the pics methinks. lol. sorry bud.

Moebius87 ( ) posted Fri, 01 July 2005 at 5:55 AM

"I noticed you're steering clear of any cables in your street lamps. Just looking at my Tokyo pics, there's lots of transformers and cables hanging off of stuff. But I can also understand, while it is Dystopia, it's also a more future, rather than retro look.

deci6el I do plan to do some cables and transformers, it's just that the polygon count on some of that stuff really pushes the numbers way up. Bastinado "modular detritus"... hmmm... now there's a challenge, right there... :o) I'm taking notes here. Teyon :o) Thank you, chief. :o) Cheers! M

Mind Over Matter

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.