Sat, Sep 21, 12:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:22 am)

Subject: Is it just me or DAZ servers exploded ?

vilian ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 4:42 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:28 AM

About fifteen minues ago I was browsing through DAZ store and suddenly everything stopped loading - no site found, no ping, nothing. Can't get to PoserPros either. Everything else is working for me fine, so I assume it's something with DAZ servers - or am I wrong ? My boyfriend checked too, and he can't get there either. And he wanted to grab Emotiguy today while Emo is still free... Bad bad servers :(

Outdated gallery over at DeviantArt

Fics at FanFiction.net and Archive of Our Own (AO3)

destro75 ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 4:50 AM

Strange, I just tried, and there is no DAZ. Hmmm...

cherokee69 ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 5:01 AM

I can't get to PosserPros or DAZ either.

guarie ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 5:12 AM

Funny - I'm talking to someone who can get access to PoserPros but I have no luck with either.

artbyphil ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 5:16 AM

Yep nothing there for me

Virtua36 ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 5:18 AM

I can get access to both sides(I'm on dial-up)

lobo75 ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 5:19 AM

I am able to log into both with no problems.

Engel47 ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 5:21 AM

Same here - both fine.

vilian ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 5:22 AM

Oh ? A lucky person you are. Is there on forums anything about this problem ?

Bug ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 5:23 AM · edited Thu, 30 June 2005 at 5:29 AM

Can't access it from here in Europe, maybe it is a router somewhere thats down, considering some people are able to load it.

Message edited on: 06/30/2005 05:29

Rachel_R ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 5:23 AM · edited Thu, 30 June 2005 at 5:25 AM

DAZ - Cannot find server or DNS Error
PoserPros- Cannot find server or DNS error

Message edited on: 06/30/2005 05:25

vilian ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 5:30 AM

It's unfair, today's the last day some of us can grab Emotiguy and A3 for free. So, no lucky guys who can connect from Europe, huh ? That's evil.

Fredy ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 5:32 AM

Europe - Germany - No connection to any DAZ site... :(

EnglishBob ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 5:36 AM

I'm logged in at DAZ from the UK now, and I was at Poser Pros a couple of hours ago - sounds like an Internet problem (DNS? Dunno). It stands a better chance of being fixed soon if that's so. You won't have to wait for DAZ to get out of bed. :)

guarie ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 5:37 AM

Well I'm in Australia - so maybe it is a router problem.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 5:42 AM
Online Now!

No DAZ and no PoserPros for me.

I usually can't get the forums at this time of day. I think someone is launching DOS attacks at DAZ, around dawn Eastern Time every morning. The forums become impossible. (If you try, like, 20 times, you may eventually get in, but I don't have the patience.) The rest of the site is usually available, but noticeably slow.

This morning, though, I can't get to the store, either.

Kalypso ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 5:44 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

I can get both in DAZ and Poser Pros fine, and I'm also in Europe so it must be specific routers with the problem I guess.

Fredy ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 5:45 AM

Tried again, except forum everything seems to be working again, first time today...

cherokee69 ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 5:48 AM

Both sites are working for me now.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 5:49 AM
Online Now!

Yup, seems to be up again for me, too. It's really weird. This has been going on for at least a week now. I can't get to the forums at breakfast time, but by the time I'm at my desk, they're back up again.

vilian ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 5:50 AM

Wow, I finally got logged onto DAZ ! Checking the store and forum... Store works slow but fine. No forum though.

guarie ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 5:50 AM

Me too - finally.

Nevermore ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 5:50 AM

No joy with either sites from here in the UK, I was starting to think it was just me until I wandered in here. :o)

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 5:52 AM
Online Now!

Hmmm. I take it back. The PoserPros forums are up, and the DAZ store, but the DAZ forums are still 404 for me. I wish I knew why they have this problem every morning. (Except Sunday, when it lasted most of the day.)

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 5:53 AM
Online Now!

I'm getting this message when I try to get into the DAZ forums: phpBB : Critical Error Could not connect to the database

vilian ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 5:59 AM

Amazing ! Finally DAZ forum works fine for me ^^

Nevermore ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 6:40 AM

Both sites are finally working for me too.

PhilC ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 6:44 AM

There was once an ISP whose customers continually complained that they failed to get service in the early mornings. They set a team of IT boffins onto the problem to try and track it down. Try as they might none could find an answer. Feeling that no glich was going to get the better of them the team work through the night and into the small hours of the morning. At about 4:30 .......

The cleaner arrived .....

Armed with a vacuum sweeper....

Seeing only one power socket ......... unplugged it and .......

Sometimes you need to think sideways to solve a problem :)

Apparently not only does Nature abhor a vacuum so do servers :))

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 7:15 AM

"Apparently not only does Nature abhor a vacuum so do servers." I'm a Health and Safety rep at the place where I work and I swear I'm gonna make one of our idiot cleaners eat her vacuum cleaner real soon if she doesn't wise up.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 7:24 AM

Weird shite... No problem finding DAZ but this site continues to give slow refreshes and SQL errors.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

artistheat ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 7:27 AM

LOL(Those Cleaners)...Everything working find here in Jersey...:)

Engel47 ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 8:11 AM

I am in Holland and just tried again - both sites - no problems.

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 8:35 AM

I thought I read in a thread somewhere that they get denial of service attacks every morning or something like that. I guess several sites that run phpBB boards have been plagued with them.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 10:08 AM

No problems here. Has it been resolved for everyone else? Yes, if you run phpBB, there are loads of script-kiddies drooling to take down your forum. The older the version you run, the more exploits exist and have been verified. Always run AV, firewall (software or hardware), keep your security patches up to date, and use the latest phpBB version (currently 2.0.16). That's the only defense.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 10:11 AM

I bet it's because everyone is downloading the new quarker hair from DAZ. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

winter200 ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 11:19 AM

Not untill tomorrow when I can use my $5 voucher.

dayjo ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 2:20 PM

I'm in England and I have no probs accessing DAZ btw I'm on cable.

juleyanne ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 4:40 PM

I'm in Ireland...this morning i tried to get into Daz, but couldnt...no problem now tho. :)

nruddock ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 5:48 PM

The DAZ forums have been slow or impossible to reach European mornings (small hours Mountain time), so my guess is that it's either a backup routine or other maintenance (splitting the F.O.O.L. thread for instance).

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.